1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by RileyXY1, Nov 19, 2016.

Voter count: 90
?

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

This poll will close on May 16, 2017 at 6:11 PM.
  1. Real

55 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Fake

35 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Far too mouthy for my own good.

Blog Posts:
    @VelVoxelRaptor That can be done already with a rom hack and an emulator. Assuming it's not just a video.

Harmful Heron likes this.
  2. Rexgon

Rexgon Member

Blog Posts:
    Or Maybe there be Gen 4 remakes on 3DS & Classic Gen 2 on E-shop comeout this Year 2017.

Meta Boss likes this.
  3. Silktree

Silktree Foresight

Blog Posts:
    There is no way to emulate 3DS games on the Switch yet, and I doubt that will change. An emulated 3DS game would look cleaner, too.

It's a video.

Ereshkigal likes this.
  4. FlowerMagician

FlowerMagician Blooming...

Blog Posts:
    I don't see Gen 4 remakes ever for the 3DS since it can still play the original Sinnoh games. That would also be terrible, in my opinion, because the 3DS wouldn't offer much in relation to the Switch.

PkmnTrainerV likes this.
  5. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    "having a history of being rigid late adapters" is same as "not doing something becuase they dodn't have a reason to until then", as they didn't have to reason to NOT be rigid late adapters.
    They have a reason to be an early adapter now, as Switch is very important for Nintendo (who owns a third of Pokemon), and they don't currently have a handheld in line.

On an unrelated note, how would you guys react if Sinnoh Remakes are made N3DS exclusive?
    I'm sure that people here who have old 3DS would still oppose those games.

6. Ereshkigal

Blog Posts:
    Being N3DS exclusive is no different than when games became Gameboy Color exclusive. And no different than when the games become Switch exclusive.

I don't see them as having a reason to be early adopters any more than they have a reason not to be. Yes, Nintendo owns a third of the franchise... but how is that any different now than all of the times in the past when GF refused to be early adopters and when GF actively refused to develop games for the Nintendo home consoles? Nintendo has always had reason to put pressure on GF to make their newest console successful, no matter what it is. As such, I think we can pretty much ignore Nintendo's contribution to this beyond simply providing the platforms.

Now, who does want games on the Switch that both GF and Nintendo must listen to? Players. People who buy the games. People like you and I. It's our demand that puts the pressure that GF must bow down to.

So, I think you're looking at it entirely the wrong way. Nintendo, I think, doesn't really have much of a true say in this matter. But that's because GF allies itself with the player base, so in turn that means you have a say where otherwise you might not.

7. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    But I don't believe GF is in a position to refuse, since there is apparently no handheld in line. And I don't see them releasing a handheld since it would cannibalise Nintendo Sales.

And the only problem GF had with home consoles was "They aren't portable", but Nintendo Switch is the machine which literally is in line with all their philosophies. They want multiplayer- Switch has lots of multiplayer success stories. They want portability- Switch is portable. They want people to interact with each other- Switch is just the console for it!

8. Ereshkigal

Blog Posts:
    I'm not looking at the possibility of refusing, but more when they'll adopt. Switch would just be a good move for the series no matter what, and I think Nintendo will only consider another pure portable if given absolutely no choice. And that would be years from now, likely after Gen 8 has already been released. So, I don't think we can factor the idea of another pure portable into Pokemon's immediate future.

And, well, I don't think Nintendo really has anything they can do to force GF to release early which won't bite Nintendo on the rear.

On the other hand, what is the player demand for a main series Pokemon game right now? From what I'm seeing, it's huge. Even if GF can stonewall Nintendo, they can't stonewall the fans.

9. Harmful Heron

Harmful Heron Crimson Fighter

Blog Posts:
    Dude Shadows of Valencia just got freaking announced and you do think SMT5 is coming out soon? The 3ds is on it's way out but it won't die go out the same way the Wii U did. Also every system they make is important to Nintendo's well being. You know what else is important their image didn't stop Gamefreak from fucking embarrassing Nintendo by saying Wii U isn't worth putting their multiplat on.

They had reason to put games on the 3ds and they did just not after black 2 and white 2 I don't see how the Switch is any different in that regard. What reason is there not to wait the one freaking game from GF's perspective?

The only reason I see in this thread the lag sucks balls. It does but it didn't stop them from releasing three (or six) laggy games.

#2209 Harmful Heron, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Meta Boss likes this.
  10. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    Three or six is largely overboard. The most games I can see for 3DS is just one.

Did BW2 lag on the DS? I don't know since I was not in the community then.

11. FlowerMagician

FlowerMagician Blooming...

Blog Posts:
    It did not. I still have White 2. No lag whatsoever.

12. VelVoxelRaptor

Blog Posts:
    They have come back claiming it was a bad quality video and they won't get the game again until April. They said that there is something called split screen battles and they posted this...

Attached Files:

13. emilsn91

emilsn91 Registered User

Blog Posts:
  14. Meta Boss

Meta Boss The True Champ!

Blog Posts:
    If they are only hiring those graphic designers NOW, after the Switch has been released, it pretty much debunks the Stars rumours, since the original rumour stated that Stars had been in development for the Switch, alongside with SM...

Also, if they are only hiring those guys now, it could very well be to work on the initial pair of Gen VIII, not on Stars. And if that is the case, then GF could be dveloping a third version, or a Kanto sequel, etc, on the 3DS at the same time.

#2214 Meta Boss, Mar 20, 2017
    Harmful Heron likes this.
  15. Silktree

Silktree Foresight

Blog Posts:
    It doesn't debunk it as Stars wouldn't need "intricate" models built from scratch. They're probably hiring a few people for a brand new project (probably the next generation), which doesn't mean they don't have an older project in the pipeline for this year.

However, something else has come to light that is making me question the Eurogamer report. I'll share my thoughts later.

16. Zeb

Zeb pyukumuku

Blog Posts:
    The hirings are almost certainly for Gen VIII, which will be using a new engine built entirely for the Switch. Meanwhile they could just port over SM/reuse its engine for Stars, assuming it's a thing that's happening.

Nicolas721 and TheMonster6893 like this.
  17. Meta Boss

Meta Boss The True Champ!

Blog Posts:
    IMO, they would have needed those new graphic designers also to help them with Stars, because they have no experience on home consoles. And if Stars were indeed a third version, it would still have new content, so it wouldn´t be a simple port of SM. So they would´ve needed those new graphic designers earlier...

#2217 Meta Boss, Mar 20, 2017
  18. Zeb

Zeb pyukumuku

Blog Posts:
    If they can make SM then they can make Stars using the same engine without new people just fine. I don't know what sort of technical upgrade you expect a Stars game to be, but I guarantee it wouldn't be as big as you seem to think. Higher quality and less framerate drops is about all it will be. The big technical upgrade will come with Gen VIII, hence their need to hire new people now because it's the right timeframe for when they start work on the next generation.

19. FedoraWearingMarowak

FedoraWearingMarowak Why can't I just change this awful username?

Blog Posts:
    For all we know, they could be hiring a modeler for Hey You, Mimikyu! Or Pokedex 3D Ultimate Edition.

Harmful Heron and Meta Boss like this.
  20. TheMonster6893

TheMonster6893 THE Pokemon Master

Blog Posts:
    I mean the likely hood of it being a non Pokemon related game isn't too bad, but I'd say you're wrong on your examples. GF had zero involvement in Hey you Pikachu, nor does it in any of the side games in general. As for the Pokedex there are two problems with that. One being that GF also didn't make the original( it was Creatures inc) and two being that there is no longer a reason for it as the main series games are already in 3D. Whatever they're making isn't a side game. If it's Pokemon then it's a main series game. If not then it's just one of their own IP's and it could be anything. GF doesn't make side Pokemon games and they likely never will.