• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am currently playing White 2 and Alpha Sapphire,probably the 2 games I play the most. So much to do and to mess around with, in both games. PWT, Musicals, White Treehollow, Join Avenue, Secret Bases, Contests, DexNaving, Amie minigames, etc.

And some time ago, I also had quite a lot of fun making my own PR Videos in X... It´s quite addicting.

(I am mainly interested in Pokemon games only, so that´s what I play and replay, mainly. I don´t play non- Pokemon games that often, aside of football games)

Last edited:
It was spoken a while ago that Stars could use the same SM engine, therefore not requiring the extra staff. The hirings can be for Gen VIII
So they going to use the same materials from sun and moon and put it into switch, but they got some extra materials for stars like a third game. Also the hirings for Gen 8 does seem plausible, so I don't know if Gen 4 remake will happen in Gen 7 or Gen 8 either way, it'll be on Switch, I just hope when Gen 8 come, They'll do a price cut on Switch

@ShinyGreninja @BubbleHearts @lavandula @Meta Boss I fell ya, I got bored with Sun and Moon, trying to take my mind off of pokemon all together, and play my Xbox One, but I just got Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, But I don't think it would hold me over, it's going to be a long wait till something happen for pokemon (If pokemon stars would be a thing)

I'm thinking that this is Gen 8. Stats was said to have been developed alongside SM. If that is the case, all of these people GF is hiring would've been hired by now. I could be wrong and Stars comes out this year. We'll have to wait and see.

I am currently playing White 2 and Alpha Sapphire,probably the 2 games I play the most. So much to do and to mess around with, in both games. PWT, Musicals, White Treehollow, Join Avenue, Secret Bases, Contests, DexNaving, Amie minigames, etc.

And some time ago, I also had quite a lot of fun making my own PR Videos in X... It´s quite addicting.

(I am mainly interested in Pokemon games only, so that´s what I play and replay, mainly. I don´t play non- Pokemon games that often, aside of football games)

I've been playing Yellow VC with my friend who has Red VC, Gen 1 battles are such bs but it's fun bs lmao. Also been shiny hunting for Frogadier on Y, so far I've accidentally run from a red Gyarados :). But yeah the Gen 7 games appear to have lost their glamour even quicker than the Gen 6 games did. Really hoping they do Sinnoh remakes with the Battle Frontier. They really screwed up big time by not including it in ORAS, and despite that, they somehow beat ORAS in the lack of post-game category with SM.

Unless GF is subtle with its news of another title in this generation like it was with ORAS, I'm pretty sure we aren't getting anything in the main series until next year, which I think will be a whole new generation.
This again? The only games that are announced more than 6 months ahead of their release are initial versions.

We will know what is happening this year by early June. There is nothing weird about the wait, and for what it's worth, Nintendo is teasing a big E3 for both Switch and 3DS.

This again? The only games that are announced more than 6 months ahead of their release are initial versions.

We will know what is happening this year by early June. There is nothing weird about the wait, and for what it's worth, Nintendo is teasing a big E3 for both Switch and 3DS.

ORAS were announced in May of 2014 and released in November, so yeah, it's perfectly reasonable to assume we don't have to hear about anything until June if it's a December release.

ORAS were announced in May of 2014 and released in November, so yeah, it's perfectly reasonable to assume we don't have to hear about anything until June if it's a December release.

I'm giving them until August, since we've had even shorter time periods between announcement and release than that.

I'm giving them until August, since we've had even shorter time periods between announcement and release than that.

Like when? I can't think of any that were that close, additionally, since XY we've been getting worldwide releases instead of Japan getting the game before us, so using old games as an example isn't exactly relevant to modern games' release dates.

Like when? I can't think of any that were that close, additionally, since XY we've been getting worldwide releases instead of Japan getting the game before us, so using old games as an example isn't exactly relevant to modern games' release dates.

Red and Blue on the Virtual Console. It's occurred to me that one way they could do Stars is similar to the Virtual Console. It wouldn't take much effort to do simple control remapping.

I'm hoping they'll do much more than that, but it's still a possibility.

Red and Blue on the Virtual Console. It's occurred to me that one way they could do Stars is similar to the Virtual Console. It wouldn't take much effort to do simple control remapping.

I'm hoping they'll do much more than that, but it's still a possibility.

Ah I see what you're saying, I stand corrected, that's definitely a possibility, then.

yeah the Gen 7 games appear to have lost their glamour even quicker than the Gen 6 games did.
I disagree that Gen VI lost its glamur quickly.
Really hoping they do Sinnoh remakes with the Battle Frontier. They really screwed up big time by not including it in ORAS, and despite that, they somehow beat ORAS in the lack of post-game category with SM.
I hope we get the Gen IV BF in Sinnoh remakes. Although most likely they would just have whatever facility the game before the remakes introduces.

As for the Hoenn remakes, while it was disappointing Emerald BF was not added, I don't think they screwed up. And they at least came up with a smart plot reason about it, with how the Maison was the original Hoenn facility. Kinda cute. (I mean, once you stop thinking the BF sign is a filthy teaser, it is actually a nice bit of extra lore, explaining the origins of the island).

Last edited:
I disagree that Gen VI lost its glamur quickly.

I hope we get the Gen IV BF in Sinnoh remakes. Although most likely they have just have whatever facility the game before introduces.

As for the Hoenn remakes, while it was disappointing Emerald BF was not added, I don't think they screwed up. And they at least came up with a smart plot reason about it with how the Maison was the original Hoenn facility. Kinda cute.

No, it wasn't cute at all. It was just a terrible in-game excuse for a real world fact, which is that they were too terribly lazy to actually make a Battle Frontier again, and then they had the nerve to say "nobody wanted one" despite EVERYONE begging for one ever since HGSS came out and talk of RSE remakes began. If that wasn't enough, they then teased us with the Battle Tower project has begun bull shit and then we don't get to even visit it, DLC speculation was shot down, the Frontier being visitable from SM was shot down, we probably won't ever get to see the Battle Frontier at it's full potential ever again. The SinJoh Frontier was nice, but the Hoenn Frontier was nicer. Admittedly, they had something going for them with the Battle Royals, I wish they had just made a few more facilities and made an Alola Frontier.

Also, adding the Maison to Hoenn literally made zero sense. The Maison was obviously a Kalos-themed facility, it had no business being in ORAS, if they wanted to be lazy and not add the Frontier, fine, but at LEAST skin the Maison as the original Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire Battle Tower, since that's all battle facilities are these days is just reskins, the Battle Subway was just a reskinned Battle Tower, the Maison was just a reskinned Subway and even borrowed most of the trainers and Pokemon sets from the Subway's code, and the Tree is just a reskinned Maison with a little bit of PWT thrown in with all the special trainers and Battle Legends.

No, the Maison sucked. The story behind it being in Hoenn first was retarded. "Oh yeah, we're from Kalos, so we came to Hoenn and made a Kalos-themed place, and then went to Kalos and made a Kalos-themed place." No, not buying it. Let me do a direct translation for you. "We at Gamefreak are feeling particularly lazy these days, oh, you want a Battle Frontier? Sure, here's a model of one. We'll program some references to it as well. One sec, let me hit copy and paste on the Maison from XY, I mean, that's basically the Battle Tower, right?"

Anyways, rant over.

I've said before that I personally don't care one way or the other about the Battle Frontier, and I don't think that Game Freak are terribly far off-base in their assessment that it may not have been worth the time to include propotionate to the number of people who would have actually made use of it... but at the same time, the fandom backlash was pretty clear, and it should be obvious to them now that there is still a fair contingent of people who want it.

If they weren't so opposed to DLC for whatever reason they are, that would be a good way of handling it, I think.

And I have to agree that the convoluted backstory for the Maison secretly originating in Hoenn is kinda bullshit. They could have at the very least just made it the Battle Tower again and it would have made more sense.

Last edited:
I think it is a lot more simple than this. Game Freak only ever develop Battle Frontiers during the development of THIRD VERSIONS: one was made for Emerald and one for Platinum. They don´t develop Battle Frontier type of faclities during initial pairs and remakes, because they have a lot of other things to develop, whereas during third versions, they don´t.

If they have a Battle Frontier already developed during that generation, like they had for Platinum, they will gladly port it to the following game of the generation: like they ported the Sinnoh BF to HGSS. Had they made Z after XY, and if Z had a BF, I am sure that said BF would have been ported to ORAS, no doubt. But a Z game was never even in their plans, according to GF. So it´s not ORAS´s fault really.

About DLC, as far as I know, DLC is not compatible with Pokemon games on the 3DS. This was explained here a few years ago, but I can´t remember the reason exactly. So, again, not for ORAS, or GF, to blame.

And about the Battle Resort´s backstory with the Battle Maison, I think it works better than giving us the Battle Tower. With the Battle Maison, you at least know it´s the complete facility, the final product, and nothing of it was left out. With the Tower, you know you have only been given one out of 7 facilities. 1/7th of the final product, so to speak.

And about the backstory itself... I suppose that the Battle Maison looked more "Hoennian" before the Chatelaines moved to Kalos. But once their brand was established in Kalos, they reskinned the Hoenn maison to be more Kalosian in style. It doesn´t really fit the Battle Resort aesthetically, true, but some of the 7 Emerald frontier facilities didn´t fit any better either, so that´s not a point.

Last edited:
And about the Battle Resort´s backstory with the Battle Maison, I think it works better than giving us the Battle Tower. With the Battle Maison, you at least know it´s the complete facility, and nothing of it was left out. With the Tower, you know you have only been given one out of 7 facilities. 1/7th of the final product, so to speak.

The Battle Tower would be no less complete than the Maison since the Maison is ultimately just a Battle Tower clone in of itself...

And while you'd be getting only 1/7th of Emerald, that's still more than the 0/7th we currently have. People wouldn't be happy with just the Tower, but it's not as if they're happy now. And defenders would have just taken the lone Tower and placed it under the aegis of "it's an RS remake, not Emerald remake."

And about the backstory itself... I suppose that the Battle Maison looked more "Hoennian" before the Chatelaines moved to Kalos. But once their brand was established in Kalos, they reskinned the Hoenn maison to be more Kalosian in style.

It's still a strained, out-of-place retcon.

The Battle Tower would be no less complete than the Maison since the Maison is ultimately just a Battle Tower clone in of itself...

And while you'd be getting only 1/7th of Emerald, that's still more than the 0/7th we currently have. People wouldn't be happy with just the Tower, but it's not as if they're happy now. And defenders would have just taken the lone Tower and placed it under the aegis of "it's an RS remake, not Emerald remake."
The Maison and the Tower are the same thing in terms of function and goal, but the Maison is a final product and the Tower is only a small fraction of the final product. It feels incomplete, unlike the Maison...

So in this scenario, "0/7 fractions of the BF, with a new facility added instead" is better than "1/7 fractions of the BF". That´s how I feel, at least.
It's still a strained, out-of-place retcon.
Definitely. But it´s better than having an incomplete Tower IMO.

Last edited:
@Meta Boss, you do got a point on the Battle Frontier, We have a Battle Frontier in third game like Emerald and Platinum, but we had Battle Frontier in HGSS which is a successor to Platinum, We hadn't have a third game since Platinum, it does make since why battle frontier didn't appear in the main game, sequels and remake, so if we get a battle frontier in Stars I wouldn't mind,

At least if there had been a Battle Tower, we'd be more understanding seeing as Ruby and Sapphire had one. Plus the Tower looks way cooler and more bad ass, the Maison was a pathetic excuse for a Tower replacement in ORAS. Yeah I'd still be pissed that we didn't get a Frontier but not AS pissed. And the Tower isn't 1/7th of a final product. It was its own facility since Crystal until Emerald.

Back
Top Bottom