• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DLC is not compatible with Pokemon games on the 3DS. This was explained here a few years ago, but I can´t remember the reason exactly. So, again, not for ORAS, or GF,
You mean explained by a clown whose predictions couldn't be taken seriously at all and changed every week. Don't believe every single thing you read on BMGf.

Also, please stop referring to ORAS as if they were living entities separate from Game Freak. "Not ORAS' fault" is an extremely childish perspective if I ever saw one, to put it mildly.

Last edited:
You mean explained by a clown whose predictions couldn't be taken seriously at all and changed every week. Don't believe every single thing you read on BMGf.

Also, please stop referring to ORAS as if they were living entities separate from Game Freak.

Yeah it's not that they're incompatible with DLC, Gamefreak just stated that they were against DLC.

Also, please stop referring to ORAS as if they were living entities separate from Game Freak.
A clown? Wow... That was a bit harsh, Silk... And as far as I remember, despite his terribly inaccurate predictions, his explanation about DLC was quite spot on. But maybe I don´t remember quite well. I had just recently registered here...

As for referring to ORAS as a living entity, it is just an inaccurate way to express what I mean. I do it when talkin about any Pokemon game, not just ORAS. And I am probably gonna keep doing it; just a bad habit. Just try not to be so passive- agressive about it.

Last edited:

It took me a few moments to figure out you might not be referring to me in this. I admit I've been guilty of my predictions changing every week as well.

Yeah it's not that they're incompatible with DLC, Gamefreak just stated that they were against DLC.

This is why I think DLC isn't coming for Pokemon.

They haven't said anything on DLC since 2013, but it is safe to say that if it ever happens, they will be pretty loud and clear about it. Just like Nintendo announcing a season pass for BoTW prior to its release.

The sum of my complaints is that there just really isn't any reason or incentive to continue playing the current games in postgame other than the typical Looker mission and battle facility. In a hypothetical world, DLC could offer some incentive to continue the current games without starting anew. It's sad that GF is seemingly against the idea.

Maybe because of GS/HGSS and the expansive postgame in B2W2, my expectations are too high.

And also to respond to someone previously, yes I understand that ORAS was not announced until May, but I'd rather operate under the assumption that we aren't getting anything this year.

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

They did not provide any reasoning for their dismissal for DLC, other than a subtle disdain for the idea.
Why is a raven like a writing desk?

They did not provide any reasoning for their dismissal for DLC, other than a subtle disdain for the idea.

Maybe they are too lazy for that.

Or maybe they subscribe to the idea that they should get the full experience out of the box (of course this brings up the possibility that they see each game as "complete" content wise)

And also to respond to someone previously, yes I understand that ORAS was not announced until May, but I'd rather operate under the assumption that we aren't getting anything this year.
Because you'd rather not get disappointed? Fair enough, but there is really no reason why a late 2017 game should have been announced by now. Only after E3 will the likelihood reduce if nothing happens by then.

DLC for Pokemon? I mean, what could they do: boosted XP? Lower cost on mart items? A 18+ bonus pack? (insert lenny face here)
There is a lot of ideas for DLC, but I feel like that would just ruin the game. The point of the game is to catch em all (and maybe get some competitively viable 'mons) really, so DLC wouldn't really benefit it

The point of the game is to catch em all (and maybe get some competitively viable 'mons) really, so DLC wouldn't really benefit it

I don't see how this point means anything when you can't actually "catch 'em all" within your own, singular game. You will inevitably have to get help from other people or a second console/game. And if you want any Mythical Pokémon, you'll technically be downloading additional content onto your game anyway, just not with any monetary cost.

I don't see how this point means anything when you can't actually "catch 'em all" within your own, singular game. You will inevitably have to get help from other people or a second console/game. And if you want any Mythical Pokémon, you'll technically be downloading additional content onto your game anyway, just not with any monetary cost.
That's true, but what I meant was that if there was a DLC for all Pokemon in one game or some stupid thing like that, then whats the point of buying the game anyways? I find pleasure catching em all without having all of em in one game (So hacks like Red 151 and Emerald 368 makes me feel horrible...)

Also, can anyone clear up Pokemon Gray for me? People are saying that it was a trademark for the 3rd Pokemon game, but I found something that said that it was trademarked before Gen 5 even started (a HoopsandHipHop Video). I'm kinda confused - how would this factor into Pokemon Stars?

That's true, but what I meant was that if there was a DLC for all Pokemon in one game or some stupid thing like that, then whats the point of buying the game anyways?

It would be nice to have a new route or cave be added to a game. I'm not asking for a complete overhaul with DLC, just something enticing to keep me from restarting a game 5000 times a year because I've completed a game and there is nothing to do in the postgame aside from climbing a tree and battling at a flat rank for no experience, no money, and battle points for items that I really don't want.

Also, can anyone clear up Pokemon Gray for me? People are saying that it was a trademark for the 3rd Pokemon game, but I found something that said that it was trademarked before Gen 5 even started (a HoopsandHipHop Video). I'm kinda confused - how would this factor into Pokemon Stars?

Pokemon Grey was supposed to be the third game to Black and White. They actually did file some trademarks, including domain registrations. Instead, it manifested as Black 2 and White 2.

The only way it factors into Stars is that it shows that until we get an actual announcement, all we have are theories and speculation. Even if these theories are based on extremely reliable data from official sources.

Pokemon Grey really factors more into Eurogamer's reliability on prediction than into Stars.

Back
Top Bottom