• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you want for "Stars" to turn out? a third game like Emerald and Platinum with improved story and more pokedex or a sequel that take place two years later from the event for sun/moon like black 2/white 2. What do you want for "Stars"?

Paired sequels. New champions, making older pokemon obtainable (and making things like Love Ball Minchino, Friend Ball Vivillon or Level Ball Golurk possible without hacking), and maybe a Delta Episode-esque post game where we can catch a Mythical Pokemon. Plus the return of the PWT and Pokestar Studios :p

I want to see a return of the PokeAthlon or something similar. Just imagine if we could play golf or tennis with our Pokemon. PokeSports! :)

What do you want for "Stars" to turn out? a third game like Emerald and Platinum with improved story and more pokedex or a sequel that take place two years later from the event for sun/moon like black 2/white 2. What do you want for "Stars"?

I'd be fine with either, honestly.

Though I wonder how the Altars and Lakes of Sunne/Moone would be handled in a potential "third" version. Would they be changed into something reflecting into Stars' box legend, changed to reflect both Solgaleo & Lunala, or something else entirely?

Paired sequels. New champions, making older pokemon obtainable (and making things like Love Ball Minchino, Friend Ball Vivillon or Level Ball Golurk possible without hacking), and maybe a Delta Episode-esque post game where we can catch a Mythical Pokemon. Plus the return of the PWT and Pokestar Studios :p
New champion is a good idea.
I'd like new E4 members too. I don't like the fact that they "recycled" the characters for E4 apart from Kahili.

Hopefully more Alolan forms, exclusive Z moves, or even maybe even Mega evos.

Though I wonder how the Altars and Lakes of Sunne/Moone would be handled in a potential "third" version. Would they be changed into something reflecting into Stars' box legend, changed to reflect both Solgaleo & Lunala, or something else entirely?
Maybe called the Altar of the Stars? Or replace Stars with a possible name like Eclipse.

I'd be fine with either, honestly.

Maybe have it be triggered by some sort of early game flag. Like maybe a question to determine when you will arrive at the region (would also trigger timeshifting)

New champion is a good idea.
I'd like new E4 members too. I don't like the fact that they "recycled" the characters for E4 apart from Kahili.

Hopefully more Alolan forms, exclusive Z moves, or even maybe even Mega evos.

I for one enjoyed seeing familiar faces in the E4 for once, gives things a more personal feel for a change, plus the original intention was to adapt a tradition where you face the Kahunas in effectively a Boss Rush (for that reason I'd expect Kahilli to be replaced if any changes to be made)

I'd find more Z-moves and Megas (especially given ORAS's precedent) to be more likely than Alola forms, mainly because they a bit harder to retcon than the other two in this case.

Also regarding the champ, I'd expect it to play out like a Title defense match...from the perspective of the opponent. Of course I also hope that its possible to use data form a Sun/Moon copy to allow players to fight either the first or most recent Hall of Fame team.

I'd love a sequel to SM but I don't want to revisit Alola again since I think it would be kind of boring to go through the 4 islands again cause I mean, how much can change within a year or so? What should happen is us following Lillie into Kanto but we switch it up big time so it won't feel like a replay of RBY. I haven't thought of the details but there'll still be gyms but the sequence of the gyms are changed/updated. Maybe we can start of in Lavender Town (Narita City irl) and we head off to find Bill at Cerulean. The first gym could be Celadon City with a 30 year old Erika. We skip Misty because I think it'll be cool if she gets promoted to Elite 4, same for Brock. It'll also be extra cool to have a new fairy gym based on Harajuku or a new electric gym based on Akihabara. It'll be extra cool if we get to go to Johto as well. Perhaps they can write the story such that Bill is actually at Golden Rod with his parents, giving us the opportunity to take an extra cool PokeShinkansen there?

Something like this would be a lot more exciting imo. Seeing Kanto and Johto with the new graphics + new mechanics like Fairty types/Mega Evolutions/Z-moves without actually having to go through the same old once again with RBY and/or GSC. I think this would be fun!

Last edited:
I'd love a sequel to SM but I don't want to revisit Alola again since I think it would be kind of boring to go through the 4 islands again cause I mean, how much can change within a year or so? What should happen is us following Lillie into Kanto but we switch it up big time so it won't feel like a replay of RBY. I haven't thought of the details but there'll still be gyms but the sequence of the gyms are changed/updated. Maybe we can start of in Lavender Town (Narita City irl) and we head off to find Bill at Cerulean. The first gym could be Celadon City with a 30 year old Erika. We skip Misty because I think it'll be cool if she gets promoted to Elite 4, same for Brock. It'll also be extra cool to have a new fairy gym based on Harajuku or a new electric gym based on Akihabara. It'll be extra cool if we get to go to Johto as well. Perhaps they can write the story such that Bill is actually at Golden Rod with his parents, giving us the opportunity to take an extra cool PokeShinkansen there?

Something like this would be a lot more exciting imo. Seeing Kanto and Johto with the new graphics + new mechanics like Fairty types/Mega Evolutions/Z-moves without actually having to go through the same old once again with RBY and/or GSC. I think this would be fun!
If you want to talk more about Kanto/Johto go to this Kanto/Johto Sequels

Last edited:
If Pokemon Stars takes place in Alola as a third version or whatever, I am going to be mad if they don't put in Bellossom even then. Leaving out the Oddish line was one of the biggest mistakes ever - especially when one of the final evos is a hula dancing pokemon which is perfect for a region famous for hula dancing.

Completely agree. There were several Pokemon that I was shocked about not being included in the region. The Dex could definitely use a heft expansion. The Alola Dex is currently 302 (Including everything up to Marshadow I guess?), and I would be happy for it to bump up to a solid 350. Tropius, Oddish, Numel, Slugma, Lotad, Krabby, Remoraid, Clamperl, Qwilfish, Corphish, Bellsprout, Heracross, and several others would be welcome additions.

A few new Z-moves, Mega Evolutions, and/or Alolan Forms would be nice.

If they don't give us battle frontier I hope they give us some cool multiplayer modes that aren't just minigames.

I spitballed a lot of ideas before but at least give us rental battles with our friends.

Also I'd like to see dark grass return.

Today, the Nintendo 2DS XL has been announced, meaning that the 3DS line is still alive even during the Switch era. Would this have an impact on the possible release of Pokemon Stars on Switch?
It means that the 3DS is still marketable. I bet that the next Pokemon game will be a 3DS game.

Today, the Nintendo 2DS XL has been announced, meaning that the 3DS line is still alive even during the Switch era. Would this have an impact on the possible release of Pokemon Stars on Switch?
It means that the 3DS is still marketable. I bet that the next Pokemon game will be a 3DS game.

Since the New 2DS XL is announced maybe the next pokemon game is on 3ds and switch

I think this probably indicates that Nintendo still has plans for the 3ds, since they are investing in another model. I do ultimately think that the main series line will land on the Switch. In terms of the stars/third version, I think this indicates that if it exists that it will be on 3ds (possibly on the switch as well, but definitely 3ds). I think that this will also give the Pokemon Co. time to focus on new system development and allow the base to shift over to the new system.

Nintendo have also said they plan to shift 6 million 3DS units and 40 million 3DS software this fiscal year. From what I found for last year, they sold around 7 million 3DS unit and 48 million 3DS software, which was a year when a new generation of Pokemon hit. Around 15 of that 48 million seems to be from Sun and Moon alone.

So they're being quite optimistic about its performance this year, considering so far they seem to have no real heavy hitters. Fire Emblem Echoes*, Ever Oasis and Hey Pikmin are all releasing in the next few months, but they won't come close to that figure and it still leaves the other months. Of course E3 might reveal a bunch of new games for 3DS, we'll have to see.

*Both Fates and Awakening sold around 2 million each to give an idea of perspective.

I'm not saying we're definitely getting a Pokemon game on 3DS this year, because those figures might end up explained some other way (I am no expert afterall) but I think the chances became more reasonable at least.

Back
Top Bottom