• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WOW, I am double hyped! Hyped because I am a 2DS user, and hyped because this means the new Pokemon game will probably stay on the 3DS family. My bet is on Kanto Sequels, or Alola sequels or Alola third version. And all the possibilities are great, although Kanto sequels is maybe my first bet.

Whatever one it is, what matters is it is staying on the 3DS family :)

Last edited:
Okay.... Thanks to Nintendo for increasing my dilemma.

I really wanted a Switch to start Pokemon, and play comfortably for the next Gen or two. But then this thing comes along... and that design has taken me!!
Also, I'm afraid of buying this 2ds becuase I fear that Pokemon will not last very long here. And I'm not too much into playing the older games like DP...

WOW, I am double hyped! Hyped because I am a 2DS user, and hyped because this means the new Pokemon game will probably stay on the 3DS family. My bet is on Kanto Sequels, or Alola sequels or Alola third version. And all the possibilities are great, although Kanto sequels is maybe my first bet.

Whatever one it is, what matters is it is staying on the 3DS family :)
I'm also a 2DS user, and I'm glad to see the 2DS XL advertisement because it means
- the 3DS line is still marketable and there will be 3DS games created for at least a few more years
- cheaper versions of gaming devices are marketable and this increases the possibility that there will likely be a less fancy but cheaper Switch in the future.

I feel we may have at least one more pokemon game on the 3DS line coming up. (though I'm betting it'll be Sinnoh remakes)

The next Pokemon game will be on every console of the 3DS family, I am almost conviced.

And it won´t be on Switch, because the only leak that linked the Switch and the Pokemon main series is the Eurogamer leak, which said the game would be a Switch exclusive. And this is almost debunked after the announcement.

Last edited:
I think a multi platform release would be most feasible seeing the current situation.
The OG Systems may not have the power to run the game efficiently, as seen in SM, and N2DX (I'm calling it that) shows that Nintendo wants to milk out the their 3DS install base, as well as push the Switch.

A multiplat game would result in people dishing out money for N2DX, as well as assuring people that Pokemon will be there for Switch, sorta like a trailer game.
I think it would be fairly easy, since 3D was absent from SM, and second-screen functionality is being reduced.

Also, many people are comparing it to Wii Mini and Gameboy micro, which got released after their successors.

I mean, as long as next Pokemon gane is playable on every console of the 3DS family, I couldn´t care less if it is also released for the Switch, or not.

That said, though, there is no reason to believe that it will be on the Switch as well. Because 1) the only leak that linked the next Pokemon main series game with the Switch, is the Eurogamer one, and with the 2DS XL news today, it is almost debunked now; and 2) Masuda already said they are NOT currently developing a main series game on the Switch. You guys all said he was lying and PR talking, etc, but with today´s news, we can say he was most likely saying the truth.

1) the only leak that linked the next Pokemon main series game with the Switch, is the Eurogamer one, and with the 2DS XL news today, it is almost debunked now;

The world dosen't run on leaks, you know. Stuff can go unleaded too. We definitely cannot take lack of leaks as an evidence.
And it will not be debunked till a Pokemon game is announced. The chances have just become slimmer, but not debunked.
There was not a single leak about N2DX, it does not become any less creditable due to the fact.

I am still hoping that we see the next game(s) be Switch-exclusive. It has way more potential than any 3DS or 2DS system. It's time for the future, the Switch, instead of being stuck in the past with the 3DS/2DS.

It isn't denial. I remember stating either on these forums or Reddit, that I liked the design of the N2DX.
Also, it seems as if others are in denial, thinking that O3DS still has life left. Nintendo is doing all they can do to phase out the older 3DS iterations.
They're trying to promote the N2DX. I'm finding N3DSXL at such prices that it would be rational to buy a Switch or N2DX.

OK guys, stay in denial mode, then.
i mean, you've never left denial mode so. :/

smarminess aside, i fail to see how the release of a 2DS XL proves or disproves anything. not every leak is a dragnet, see just about every credible leak we had for SM, and companies release consoles late in their life all the time (XBox 360 E, Wii Mini, Gameboy Micro, for starters).

i mean, you've never left denial mode so. :/

smarminess aside, i fail to see how the release of a 2DS XL proves or disproves anything. not every leak is a dragnet, see just about every credible leak we had for SM, and companies release consoles late in their life all the time (XBox 360 E, Wii Mini, Gameboy Micro, for starters).
When have I been in denial, man? I wasn´t in denial. I always said that, imo, the likeliness of Stars being real, were 51/49 in favour of Stars being real. So I was never in denial.

But after Nintendo announcing they intend to sell almost as many 3DS family consoles as this year, and and announcing the 2DS XL a day later, it is clear that they need something big to sell those consoles. Literally the same argument people were using for Stars (it needs to sell Switches)

Welp. The new 2DS XL announcement all but deconfirms a Pokemon Switch game this year. I was wrong lol. This announcement, as well as the previously mentioned sales projections Nintendo has made, basically confirms that the next Pokemon game will be on 3DS. I suppose it could be dual-platform, but I highly doubt that.

So. Pokemon on the 3DS come November!?

Also, given this likely assumption, I highly doubt it will be a traditional 3rd version. I just don't think a 3rd version would work. So I'm expecting... sequels? I can't think of it being anything besides sequels, really. It's too soon for DP remakes.

It's a bit early to be climbing on the high horse given nothing has been revealed. Just wait for an official announcement of something.
Not climbing any horse. Just following logic. Logic said one thing last week, but logic changed since today´s news. And some people are being in denial about what today´s news mean for Eurogamer´s leak, and Stars.

Last edited:
Why don't you all forget you know the word "denial" and stop lobbing it at each other before I start flinging flaming and baiting infractions around?

Respect different opinions. If you can't do that, you have no place participating in discussions.

Back
Top Bottom