• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
because if alola connect with kalos, people would speculzte that we're going to kanto in the post-game (which I doubt)

Wow I don't get a thing you are saying here. There's barely any connection between Alola and Kalos? Also we literally just left Kalos...

DP remakes would be set before Null's creation, and DP sequels probably aren't ever going to happen, but even if they did, I think you could maybe expect a mention of some people in white suits swinging by the library, but that'd be it.

Or maybe if Lillie goes to Sinnoh after she has conquered Kanto kekeke.

Type: Null is just a cute reference to get in on the anniversary fun. There's no secret profound lore or story arc waiting around the corner. DP remakes would be set before Null's creation, and DP sequels probably aren't ever going to happen, but even if they did, I think you could maybe expect a mention of some people in white suits swinging by the library, but that'd be it.
Surprisingly, I think Game Freak are a little better at their story-writing than that.

Surprisingly, I think Game Freak are a little better at their story-writing than that.

Better than which part?

Better than making cute but ultimately inconsequential nods? They do it in every single game.

Better than cross-referencing the Aether people looking up materials at the Canalave Library? There's not really anything more there to discuss. Faba and co. came, got what they needed, and left, and proceeded to create a Pokémon that is relevant to SM's story (where it played its role), but not to anything in particular in DP's. A passing mention is all that's warranted; that's not a mark of bad writing if you ask me, that's a mark of knowing how much value a minor continuity detail has to offer and not making anything needlessly grandiose out of it.

(But for the record, they're also not above lazy cop-outs. Just remember Mewtwo's Mega Stones.)

Last edited:
Regardless, if it's alola and sinnoh related connection or not, but in sinnoh remake might have reference to Aether Foundation, doesn't mean they'll physically appear, though if they took a different approach for sinnoh, instead of a remake, then we'll probably see them anyway. If they don't do a sinnoh remake, what approach will they take for sinnoh?

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but The Mario and Rabbids Crossover is real and someone who says that Stars is real is the one who leaked Mario x Rabbids
I sort of recall this is as well. Wasn't this from the girl who was blacklisted? Can someone with better memory confirm?

It was Laura Kate Dale who gave us this list:
Laura Kate Dale Switch Lineup.jpg

Not correctly predicted with dates, but the most games have been confirmed.

Neither Laura nor Eurogamer are liars... But they were given partial information by people who had no real incentive to leak a major game more than 6 months in advance. It's naive to take it as gospel after all this time.

They were probably trying to gauge interest in a Switch Pokemon game. Nothing more.

@FlowerMagician LKD was one of "credible leakers" who got BTFO'd during the Switch presentation.

Rabbids came from a french dude who as far as I know didn't say anything on stars.

Plus seeing as how it wasn't revealed yet. If the story about stars being planned for summer is real I can see them either delaying it again or maybe it was outright canceled.

Either way still waiting for someone to give me a real motive for GF. The walking pokemon feature and stuff could it easily be put of until gen 8. Hell I can see a gen 7 Z and gen 8 stars.

LOL

That was a joke, right?
See how anything is possible evaporates when it's not something someone has reason to speculate. Yes I think in theory it is possible for them to release third versions a gen late. I don't think it's likely though.

All I know is that, "stars" is going to turn out like "Z". Eurogamer put the rumor out for "stars" just to get the fans hyped up with a possible third game. Who know we might get
a Sinnoh Remake, Alola Sequel, or Kanto/Johto Sequel

All I know is that, "stars" is going to turn out like "Z". Eurogamer put the rumor out for "stars" just to get the fans hyped up with a possible third game. Who know we might get
a Sinnoh Remake, Alola Sequel, or Kanto/Johto Sequel

This post will be fun to look at later if Stars actually ends up being a thing.
:p

People say that Stars will not be a thing and we will have another Z on our hands but I like to ask where the proof of that, just because it seems like this year is probably a break year doesn't mean that we won't get Stars in a year or two

Back
Top Bottom