• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah ok thanks for that clear up. But that just makes it even more ambiguous in my opinion. Do you know where this quote was said?

Apparently a Gamefreak job listing. I recall when it came up, but unfortunately don't know where to find it.

True, but that doesn't mean Stars. The hiring for Pokemon on Switch is just as likely to be Gen VIII.
What makes you think it cannot mean Stars? There is no evidence either way.

Ah ok thanks for that clear up. But that just makes it even more ambiguous in my opinion. Do you know where this quote was said?
It is actually less ambiguous since GF only has one world famous RPG- Pokemon. This quite was said at a Job listing to work at a world famous RPG with PS Vita and Wii U level of experience.

I still think next game will be on the Switch. It's really funny that some people are acting as hypocrites. They say that '3DS RPG' job listing makes it "3DS Game confirmed!!!" when it could be any stray RPG, and ignore that GF only has one world-famously RPG, and deny that the Switch job listing means anything.
LOL
There is denial among 3DS owners as well

Last edited:
What makes you think it cannot mean Stars? There is no evidence either way.

Never said it couldn't. It could be. I just think the timeframe makes it slightly less likely. Of course both are possible.

Never said it couldn't. It could be. I just think the timeframe makes it slightly less likely. Of course both are possible.
You said "True, It dosen't mean Stars."

I'll be happy as long as the next game is on the Switch. Generation IV remake on Switch would be the best for me, but they're impossible in the current time.

I was actually talking about a different listing, where they were hiring for Switch specific development and said it was a "world famous RPG."

And I slightly disagree--I don't think it's enough to know anything for sure. I'm just waiting for an announcement at this point because we have no concrete evidence.

Last edited:
The Switch listing was for the next generation in all likelihood. Maybe for a cross-platform release of the next game, but not a Switch-exclusive one.

I still think next game will be on the Switch. It's really funny that some people are acting as hypocrites. They say that '3DS RPG' job listing makes it "3DS Game confirmed!!!" when it could be any stray RPG, and ignore that GF only has one world-famously RPG, and deny that the Switch job listing means anything.
LOL
There is denial among 3DS owners as well
Ugh. We know there will be Switch Pokemon games either way, but not when. Your logic is atrocious.

They are not making a non-Pokemon RPG for the 3DS while setting sail to the Switch for Pokemon. Use common sense.

Your logic is atrocious

What about their logic is atrocious? They're simply pointing out that we have two different job listings, and some members are acting hypocritically by only caring about one or the other. And the difference of language between "RPG" and "world famous RPG" isn't necessarily throwaway information. Really, the only bad thing going on in this whole section is that many seem to assume that they know $#!% when none of us know $#!%.

Not to mention that you shouldn't be personally insulting any members...

Pretty sure that the other listing just said "world famous series" rather than RPG, so you could be anal about that, too.

It's obvious what they mean in both cases. It's just that we knew there would be a Switch Pokemon game eventually no matter what, so the listing proves nothing.

Pretty sure that the other listing just said "world famous series" rather than RPG, so you could be anal about that, too.
Point stands both ways. Pokemon is GF's only series which can be called world famous (in an almost literal sense it works too).

Also, I think that a cross-platform is becoming more likely. Maybe the 3DS programmers were hired for figuring out the communication with the Switch?

Pokemon is also their only RPG, so...

Yeah, cross-platform is likely. Still rules out Stars the way Eurogamer described it.

Last edited:
Cross-platform main series Pokemon sounds weird, but I guess it's possible.

It is actually less ambiguous since GF only has one world famous RPG- Pokemon. This quite was said at a Job listing to work at a world famous RPG with PS Vita and Wii U level of experience.
Why I think it's ambiguous is because Pokemon itself has many different types of well-known RPG's. The main-series games, yes, but there's still stuff like Mystery Dungeon, Rumble, Ranger , and Colosseum/XD that is also a possibility.

Game Freak only develop the main series games. Also, the only RPGs from your list are Colosseum and XD, which are a dead series (so is Ranger, lol) that wouldn't fit the 3DS to begin with.

Some of you are trying too hard.

Last edited:
Game Freak only develop the main series games. Also, the only RPGs from your list are Colosseum and XD, which are a dead series (so is Ranger, lol) that wouldn't fit the 3DS to begin with.

Some of you are trying too hard.
Yeah but that doesn't stop GF from hiring people from other companies to do spin-offs. Yes Colosseum and XD are dead, but they can be picked back up any time. It's just my philosophy on a possibility of the World-Famous RPG.

Also, you're right, we are trying too hard. Maybe there is another meaning behind "World-Famous RPG" that we are just missing. Or maybe it's just a mistranslation. Anyways, I'll still be waiting 'til around E3.

There is no reason to think that Game Freak would be hiring people for another company... Why play devil's advocate so much? It's desperate. If anyone wanted to revive an old series or create a new one, they would use the Switch for that since it has a future.

Again, one listing had "world famous series" for people with experience with Wii U and Vita. Most people had no problem extrapolating Pokemon for Switch from that. Yet somehow "3DS RPG" for the new listing is that vague? Come on.

Back
Top Bottom