• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since the announcement of Monster Hunter XX's cross platform with 3DS and Switch, maybe they'll do the same thing for, the fans are demanding a pokemon for switch, this'll help sell Switch a lot better, for those who still have 3ds, you can cross-play (online only) with you friend up to 4 players on 3ds and switch. Since the GF are hiring for 3D programmer for 3DS, I don't know they'll reveal at the E3, because GF aren't going to have the games develop on time before 2017 is over, eventhough eurogamer said "it was going to be Summer 2017, but got pushed back till fall 2017 because of Sun/Moon. Tbh, I don't know what GF doing for pokemon, if the game will be ready for early next year, do you think they'll still reveal an official trailer at the E3 or not? If GF can get the games develop on time will it release this year or early next year?

Can you give me a quote from GF staff saying only team B made those two remakes?
It isn´t directly stated they were developed by Team B only, but you can check the credits of each remake, and see for yourself. Also, logic implies it as well, since both remakes were in developement alongside with the next generation´s initial pairs (which are always the priority, since they need a lot more work invested in them than remakes and third versions do) so they evidently had to split in Team A and B to develop both projects simultaneously.
And Masuda asked Ohmori to direct ORAS in 2012. It's logical to assume ORAS began development that same year.
Conceptual development, yes. But physical development was one year (October 2013- November 2014). Ohmori did have an additional year conceptual development (November 2012- October 2013), but it was a "one man project" as said by himself in some interviews.

So I was talking about the physical development time of each remake, when I said one year of development. You are right that the planning for ORAS took an additional year, and I am sure it was the same with FRLG and HGSS. Sorry for not clarifying.

Development times and dates between releases aren't the same
True. That´s why I said third versions are developed in less than a year (even though they are released a full year apart from the previous game).

Last edited:
So whatever the next game will be, it might follow the pattern of development

Remake (DP Remake) - If remakes take a whole year to develop. They would start developing since late 2016.

Third Game (Stars) - If third game are development almost a year and If "Stars" were in development along with Sun/Moon, it probably would have release in the summer, but it's pulled back till Fall 2017.

Sequel (Kanto/Johto Sequel or Alola Sequel) - If sequel take a year and a half to develop, and GF start developing since Sun/Moon was release, then it'll ready on Early 2018.

So it could go either way between Third game, Remake, or Sequels, Though I'm still have my doubts on third game, since they haven't done it since Platinum, I'm going with between Remake or Sequels.

if the game will be ready for early next year, do you think they'll still reveal an official trailer at the E3 or not? If GF can get the games develop on time will it release this year or early next year?
I really doubt it, considering that Pokemon is usually sold around the holiday season or slightly earlier (October-ish), selling Pokemon on an early date may decrease sales initially.

I really doubt it, considering that Pokemon is usually sold around the holiday season or slightly earlier (October-ish), selling Pokemon on an early date may decrease sales initially.
I don't know if they'll have it ready before the end of 2017 with GF hiring 3D programmers for 3DS. If the next pokemon game will be a cross-platform between 3ds and switch, don't you think they need a little more time on it? Tbh, I don't want the next game to be wishy-washy.

It isn´t directly stated they were developed by Team B only, but you can check the credits of each remake, and see for yourself. Also, logic implies it as well, since both remakes were in development alongside with the next generation´s initial pairs (which are always the priority, since they need a lot more work invested in them than remakes and third versions do) so they evidently had to split in Team A and B to develop both projects simultaneously.

Staff teams change all the time, though. Game Freak have confirmed that staff swap between projects as is needed.

Conceptual development, yes. But physical development was one year (October 2013- November 2014). Ohmori did have an additional year conceptual development (November 2012- October 2013), but it was a "one man project" as said by himself in some interviews.

So I was talking about the physical development time of each remake, when I said one year of development. You are right that the planning for ORAS took an additional year, and I am sure it was the same with FRLG and HGSS. Sorry for not clarifying.

True. That´s why I said third versions are developed in less than a year (even though they are released a full year apart from the previous game).

This is very nitpicky. Development is still development, whether it was gamebuilding or conceptual artwork & writing, it's all necessary. I've never heard/read Ohmori state that he ever worked on ORAS alone.

I don't think we're going to agree on this - if you want to analyse dev times by release dates alone, that's your decision. I'd rather not as 8-9 times out of ten, we don't know exactly when they began development on a new title. I think the only time we know for certain is X/Y, which they stated began not long before Black & White released in Japan.

Game Freak had an ad back in March for a console developer, now they're looking for a 3D programmer. It sounds like there's definitely multiple platform development going on here. Source: game freak on Siliconera

What interests me about this latest ad is the timing - May seems a little late (to me, anyway) to be looking for a 3D developer to work on a title that's due out this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see what E3 bring us.

I'm starting to think that codename "Stars" is not related to alola, Okay yes Eurogamers said that "Stars" is Switch Exclusive, which might debunked the "Stars" rumor. Also Necromza is getting it's TCG, TCG does promotes the game and movie, but Necromza might not get it own game. So "Stars" may refer to something else.

I'm starting to think that codename "Stars" is not related to alola, Okay yes Eurogamers said that "Stars" is Switch Exclusive, which might debunked the "Stars" rumor. Also Necromza is getting it's TCG, TCG does promotes the game and movie, but Necromza might not get it own game. So "Stars" may refer to something else.
Eurogamer was clear enough. if it's not a third version of SM to the tune of Yellow (whatever that might mean), then it's not Stars.

So the next game will be either DP remake or Kanto/Johto Sequel, looks like "Stars" is crossed of the list.

So the next game will be either DP remake or Kanto/Johto Sequel, looks like "Stars" is crossed of the list.
Don't jump to conclusions just yet. Any scenario is still possible. We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point.

This thread makes me happy that the ignore function exists.

I think as this point we are taking in circles. Clearly GF is out to surprise or shock us. I'm sure the first hint of any game we'll get are from sudden trademark filings.

Back
Top Bottom