• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why though? I mean I wouldn't mind if nothing is revealed, but wanting nothing to be revealed is a whole different story...
It's because I really want them to focus on making the next game(s) right. E3 should all be about the Switch and the focus placed on its future. A Pokémon game for the Switch would feel too soon if revealed at E3.

I personally feel the best time to announce a new Pokémon is after E3. As The Doctor said, 4 months is technically the shortest amount of time we have had between announcement and release, and I can easily see an announcement being held off until after E3, that way E3 will showcase whatever it needs to showcase, without Pokémon stealing the spotlight. Then, afterwards, Pokémon can get the announcement it deserves by having it's very own announcement.

I personally feel the best time to announce a new Pokémon is after E3. As The Doctor said, 4 months is technically the shortest amount of time we have had between announcement and release, and I can easily see an announcement being held off until after E3, that way E3 will showcase whatever it needs to showcase, without Pokémon stealing the spotlight. Then, afterwards, Pokémon can get the announcement it deserves by having it's very own announcement.
It does make since, because E3 is Switch focus only and it would be too soon for a pokemon game on Switch. If it's on 3DS, maybe they'll wait till mid-July to announce it. Also with release of the movie "I Choose You" in July 15th, will they announce it at the release of "I Choose You" or after the movie, since the movie does promote the game, maybe it tells us what game they'll release to bring an announcement (Kanto/Johto Sequel or Diamond/Pearl Remake, nothing indicates to Necromza own story, because Necromza is not in the movie)

It does make since, because E3 is Switch focus only...

To be fair, Reggie Fils-Aimé has already stated that at this E3 they will "showcase not only Nintendo Switch, but also content coming for the 3DS." Based on this interview from March, E3 will not solely focus on NS. I'm sure it will mostly be Switch content, but there will be 3DS representation as well.

To be fair, Reggie Fils-Aimé has already stated that at this E3 they will "showcase not only Nintendo Switch, but also content coming for the 3DS." Based on this interview from March, E3 will not solely focus on NS. I'm sure it will mostly be Switch content, but there will be 3DS representation as well.

Yeah but Switch the main focus and 3ds will a minor focus.
Define 'too soon', since E3 is the announcement and not release here. Whenever it is announced, E3 or not, it'll release on the same date.
We don't even know if it's going to be on Switch or not, all we know is the job hiring for Switch, maybe they're working on Gen VIII for Nintendo Switch exclusive, it would be a waste if they just port Sun/Moon on Switch.

We also don't if it's on 3ds either, all we know is the job hiring for 3D programmers, Sun/Moon did pushed its limit on 3ds, maube they're trying improve it.

It could go either way, but since we haven't gottrn anything regard to pokemon announcement, either they're going to announce it at E3 or in Mid-July.

it would be a waste if they just port Sun/Moon on Switch.
For console gamers and those who didn't play Sun and Moon.

maube they're trying improve it.
According to your logic, why is it a waste on a new system and not on a old one? There's infinite scope of improvement on switch but 0 on 3DS line.
I smell hypocrisy...

For console gamers and those who didn't play Sun and Moon.

According to your logic, why is it a waste on a new system and not on a old one? There's infinite scope of improvement on switch but 0 on 3DS line.
I smell hypocrisy...
Which it would be waste to sink money on a new system, to play pokemon game that already on
previous handheld (3ds), unless you're indicating an upgraded version and a cross-platform, which I'm discussing on Pokemon's First Main Series Cross-Platform

Also how does this make a hypocrite? I wouldn't mind if pokemon is on switch, but the switch still have some technical problems, GF wouldn't rush a pokemon game on a new system if Switch has a shortage, Not to mention Internet connection issues as well. I would like to see a pokemon game in HD, it would be cool.

For 3DS, yes the Sun/Moon did pushed it's limit on 3ds (old and new), Sun/Moon already started on 3DS, it wouldn't likely to move to switch in the mid-generation. They probably just improving the graphics for pokemon on 3ds, I don't know if they'll turn back the 3d on 3ds though.

Either way, I don't care if the pokemon will be on either 3ds or switch, it would be nice to have a game this year.

Which it would be waste to sink money on a new system, to play pokemon game that already on
previous handheld (3ds), unless you're indicating an upgraded version and a cross-platform, which I'm discussing on Pokemon's First Main Series Cross-Platform

Also how does this make a hypocrite? I wouldn't mind if pokemon is on switch, but the switch still have some technical problems, GF wouldn't rush a pokemon game on a new system if Switch has a shortage, Not to mention Internet connection issues as well. I would like to see a pokemon game in HD, it would be cool.

For 3DS, yes the Sun/Moon did pushed it's limit on 3ds (old and new), Sun/Moon already started on 3DS, it wouldn't likely to move to switch in the mid-generation. They probably just improving the graphics for pokemon on 3ds, I don't know if they'll turn back the 3d on 3ds though.

Either way, I don't care if the pokemon will be on either 3ds or switch, it would be nice to have a game this year.

Because if you don't have a 3DS, you would be forced to buy two systems.

In one hand, Pokeland will likely come towards september-november, and I can see Pokken Switch being announced at E3. But in the other hand, the company's figures really sucked in 2015, just 5.6 millions against 18.4 in 2014 and 143.3 in 2016. I would say the chances are 50-50.

Aren't the spinoffs usually used to tide over players until the next main series games are announced?

nothing indicates to Necromza own story, because Necromza is not in the movie

It's a bit too early to say Necrozma isn't in the movie since nothing seems to suggest that. It is in the TCG set with Ho-Oh and Marshadow, which suggests it's in the movie.

If they don't announce it at E3, they'll announce it in mid-july, maybe along with the release of the movie "I choose you", maybe they'll release it in September 28, 2017 or February 27, 2018 ;)

It's a bit too early to say Necrozma isn't in the movie since nothing seems to suggest that. It is in the TCG set with Ho-Oh and Marshadow, which suggests it's in the movie.
Necrozma does have it's own TCG along with Ho-oh and Marshadow, TCG does promotes movie and game, but that doesn't mean that Necromza willnget it's own game. Especially Necromza has no tie-in with the movie, What will be it's purpose of it?

I'd say considering that they rarely reveal the main feature of the movies many months before they come out it's prolly a bit too early to call it for Necrozma to NOT be in the movie. Usually they announce the main "thing" only once the movie is within weeks of being released. Usually there's a special surprise in the movies that they don't mention until the movies are closer to release. So whether it gets a new form or not I'd Necrozma COULD be in the movie and just hasn't been shown yet. That said I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on Necrozma until they do a potential Ultra beast movie or something.

In 2015 we got a wave off freemium games yes they are not published by game freak but they are commissioned by the Pokémon company to tide fans over for the year.

Its not just magikarp splash, there's also this Pokemon Duel game, a new rumble game.

I think/hope in November we could see GSC virtual console

By that logic, Pokemon should stay forever on 3DS since it'd be waste to 'sink money on a new system'. If you'd care to read the thread's first pages, I explain all that. I'm too lazy to type those arguments over and and over.

Also how does this make a hypocrite?
Pokemon on the Switch- lots of scope for improvement, you say 'zero potential'. There is potential for new upgrades.
Pokemon on 3DS- 3DS is literally struggling to handle the game, and you say they could improve it even more, which is sort of impossible.

I wouldn't mind if pokemon is on switch, but the switch still have some technical problems, GF wouldn't rush a pokemon game on a new system if Switch has a shortage,
Nintendo has increased console production to 18 million this year (which is 5 million more than Wii U's lifetime sales). I linked that earlier.

If 3DS cannot handle the present graphics, how will it handle improved ones? They'll have to remove double battles for that lol. And Sun and Moon didn't use 3D at all.

Pokemon on the Switch- lots of scope for improvement, you say 'zero potential'. There is potential for new upgrades.

Problem is that said improvements will mostly come from an originally designed region and graphical style, not from a game designed on the 3DS and ported to the Switch. Did the Wii U really improve Zelda with Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD? Not really, they were designed around past systems. It improved Zelda with BotW. Similarly, Stars will not really improve Pokemon much if at all. Pokemon will be improved on the Switch with 8th gen.

It improved Zelda with BotW. Similarly, Stars will not really improve Pokemon much if at all. Pokemon will be improved on the Switch with 8th gen.

That will take too much time which Nintendo cannot afford. Stars will be enough for gamers now (in a similar vein to BotW and Mario Kart Deluxe), till the 8th Gen.

Also, switch has much more scope than 3DS, which would crash under the strain of new features.

So once again the guy from Eurogamer pushed the idea that there IS in fact a Pokemon game on the Switch coming.....or at least implied it anyway....sort of . haha I honestly can't see him continuing to bring it up unless he had some info or major confidence in his sources. Most people typically don't push a subject if they find out they were completely wrong. I think what we're looking at is a first time ever announcement of a Pokemon game at E3 and it'll be whatever the heck "Stars" really is. Again if he had just left it at the original article and never said anything about it again then I'd understand people not trusting him, but the fact that multiple times since the article he's brought it up or at least hinted at it seems to me like he is quite informed about he subject and has no doubts. The most recent hint comes from an exchange with Joe Merrick (Serebii) and while he barely says anything at all he continues to say a lot simply by commenting lol

View: https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/870552457578938368

Back
Top Bottom