• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think it's time for sinnoh remakes,even if Nintendo moved away from 3ds GF would make 2 more games for it.

Leave sinnoh for 3 years from now

I still doubt that "Star" is going to be real. We haven't had a third game in a gen since Platinum.

That isn't much of an argument considering Gamefreak do new and unexpected things all the time. Because of the unique qualities of the Switch, now would be a great time to bring back remkes, but do it much differently and better than before, putting new twists on old formulas.

Please do not turn this into another huge "Stars should not be on the Switch" argument that goes around in circles, but there's something everyone should know. There's many upsides to this game on the Switch, but the only downside now is that Nintendo confirmed that their online services will now cost players...Hopefully they backpedal on that and make it free, as it will be free until Fall 2017

Last edited:
Nintendo stated that not all of their online services will have to be paid for. Just most.
Making people pay for online Pokemon activity (trading and battling) would be such a sour spot for many younger players. I don't think Nintendo would want to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

It will probably be like playing online games or like Xbox Live and stuff.

Some PS4 and Xbox 1 games have free online features.

I think that the bigger concern is whether Stars' price will be $40 like handheld games, or $60 like home console ones. I don't see how the latter would be warranted.

Some PS4 and Xbox 1 games have free online features.

I think that the bigger concern is whether Stars' price will be $40 like handheld games, or $60 like home console ones. I don't see how the latter would be warranted.
Why not the best of both and make it $50? :p

Well the switch is $300 so it doesn't bode well for 40 buck games,Skyrim is coming and it's a $60 dollar game so most likely $60 bucks for switch games

Nintendo stated that not all of their online services will have to be paid for. Just most.
Making people pay for online Pokemon activity (trading and battling) would be such a sour spot for many younger players. I don't think Nintendo would want to shoot themselves in the foot like that.
I hope not. People already need to pay for the device and the game.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Actually, after the presentation, and seeing there's Mario Kart 8 deluxe and Splatoon 2... I think Pokemon Stars is more and more likely to happen.
Because like, Mario Kart 8 deluxe is still a Kart 8 game, but only with a few more courses and few more characters. Other than that, it's basically the same thing.
Splatoon 2 doesn't even have graphic upgrades compared to Splatoon.

So , I don't see why Pokemon wouldn't want to take more of our money, by making a Switch game that's basically nothing too different from Sun and Moon.

Splatoon 2 has new maps and more customization-there's certainly some new features.

And Mario Kart 8 came out in 2014, Splatoon in 2015. Pokemon Sun and Moon have only been out for a few months. It's not quite 1:1.

I think the islands are at a stage where they don't really need the Tapus-there's lots of strong trainers on the islands that could defend them. The Tapus seem to agree with this as well-why else would they challenge you to a battle?

Weirdly, they mentioned nothing of Pokemon Stars; surely if Stars is to come out this year, then they would mention it or at least hint at it? It would totally drive up hype if they did, and I don't see the point in revealing in March (if all the rumors are real) when the Switch itself comes out (or even later than that).
I'm growing a little more suspicious.

Weirdly, they mentioned nothing of Pokemon Stars; surely if Stars is to come out this year, then they would mention it or at least hint at it? It would totally drive up hype if they did, and I don't see the point in revealing in March (if all the rumors are real) when the Switch itself comes out (or even later than that).
I'm growing a little more suspicious.

Stars is rumored to be released at the end of the year, so there's no real hurry to announce it now. Revealing it after the Switch comes out is fine really, as it's not a launch title or even close to it.

Back
Top Bottom