• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah a tablet isn't a good portable option,the 3ds you can easily close and stick in your Pocket.

A portable console is alot different than a plain "portable" I don't think the switch is trying to combine portable and console.

It's just literally a "home console" that is portable

Yeah a tablet isn't a good portable option,the 3ds you can easily close and stick in your Pocket.

A portable console is alot different than a plain "portable" I don't think the switch is trying to combine portable and console.

It's just literally a "home console" that is portable
the Switch is portable. period. you don't need to hamfist some intangible portability "standard" to peddle why the Switch isn't portable enough. just because you can't slap it in your pocket-- a feat i would say most people aren't doing all that much with the 3DS and 2DS, let alone the 3DS XL-- doesn't mean it's not portable. tablets and laptops are portable and you cannot stuff them in your pocket.

the Switch is portable. period. you don't need to hamfist some intangible portability "standard" to peddle why the Switch isn't portable enough. just because you can't slap it in your pocket-- a feat i would say most people aren't doing all that much with the 3DS and 2DS, let alone the 3DS XL-- doesn't mean it's not portable. tablets and laptops are portable and you cannot stuff them in your pocket.
As far as Nintendo goes their games are two different lines, portable and console.

Until they release their portable games on switch it's a console in Nintendo's eyes.

I could hook a a ps4 in my car,that don't make it portable or convenient,and it don't get me Vita games on it.

The switch is portable and also looks clunky and inconvenient,looks easily breakable

Maybe they will make a smaller Switch for those who want something cheaper, like the 2DS.

But Game Freak isn't going to ditch the 3DS before Gen VIII. And they would certainly want that Pokémon doesn't charge people for online battles and trade. How much is the online fee?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Maybe they will make a smaller Switch for those who want something cheaper, like the 2DS.

But Game Freak isn't going to ditch the 3DS before Gen VIII. And they would certainly want that Pokémon doesn't charge people for online battles and trade. How much is the online fee?

Yep. They won't ditch the 3DS this early. This is like Gen V. A gen comes out for an outdated console while a new one is already out.

You need to wake up and realise that the Nintendo Switch is the successor of the 3DS. The only other scenario I see happening is if Nintendo creates a cheaper 'hand held' only version of the switch, in which case, will still be 'half a switch' and any game created for it will also play on Nintendo switch, including Pokémon. There is literally no point in Nintendo creating a Hybrid console that is just as much handheld as it is console, if they are going to continue releasing 3DS successors anyway.
Nintendo is tilting towards that the 3DS will not be replaced by the Switch. Quote from Reggie: "In our view, the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch are going to live side-by-side". Also, the Switch is a hybrid, but it's still mainly console.

If communication was a key point of Pokemon they would have left the PSS alone instead of putting in the useless festival.

It's nearly impossible to connect with people now.

And also until Nintendo treats the switch as a hybrid it isnt a hybrid,as of right now it's Nintendo's home console and nothing else
It's still a huge focus of Pokemon-we wouldn't have trade-only evolutions or tournaments if it weren't. The Festival was just an attempt to change something that flopped. (and while more difficult, it's far from impossible)

The Switch has always been treated as a hybrid-that's kind of its whole gimmick in the first place.

Yep. They won't ditch the 3DS this early. This is like Gen V. A gen comes out for an outdated console while a new one is already out.
I didn't realize the Switch was out in 2016.

It's coming out March 3-only about a month away.
I was being sarcastic. Sun and Moon came out around the time of the Switch's announcement, and Riley claims this was like Gen V, when the Black and White games came out for the DS despite the 3DS's being out...but that is not the case with the 3DS and Switch, contradicting his claims.

Oh, sorry! (The Switch being out so close to now feels weird to me, so I thought it might feel the same for others, and I thought we were still in 2016 when I wrote that-I'm really bad with time)

I was being sarcastic. Sun and Moon came out around the time of the Switch's announcement, and Riley claims this was like Gen V, when the Black and White games came out for the DS despite the 3DS's being out...but that is not the case with the 3DS and Switch, contradicting his claims.
Could Game Freak have waited before releasing Sun and Moon?

Could Game Freak have waited before releasing Sun and Moon?

Not really. 2016 was the "big" 20th anniversary. It would have seemed strange not to see a pair of games release for it.

They also foreshadowed Gen 7 way back in 2013 with the Strange Souvenir. So what would have been the point making us wait 4+ years for Gen 7?

With 2015 also being the break, it was inevitable in 2016 for Gen 7.

Nintendo is tilting towards that the 3DS will not be replaced by the Switch. Quote from Reggie: "In our view, the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch are going to live side-by-side". Also, the Switch is a hybrid, but it's still mainly console.

You can say that all you want, the point of Nintendo Switch is to combine handheld and main console gaming. It literally makes no difference whether it is supposed to be 'more console' or more 'handheld', It is literally still both a console and handheld combined into one, and that is what it is supposed to be. It is a hybrid console, and again, I'll say there is no point in Nintendo making Switch a hybrid console if they were still planning on creating handheld consoles (unless they created a cheaper handheld only switch).

Pokémon will most likely be moved onto Nintendo Switch. It will be silly for Nintendo to create a hybrid system, then create an entirely new handheld system that doesn't play Switch games, and then release Pokémon purely for that new console. That doesn't even make any sense. If anyone believes this will happen, then they are taking the term 'wishful thinking' to entirely new levels of denial.

You can say that all you want, the point of Nintendo Switch is to combine handheld and main console gaming. It literally makes no difference whether it is supposed to be 'more console' or more 'handheld', It is literally still both a console and handheld combined into one, and that is what it is supposed to be. It is a hybrid console, and again, I'll say there is no point in Nintendo making Switch a hybrid console if they were still planning on creating handheld consoles (unless they created a cheaper handheld only switch).

Pokémon will most likely be moved onto Nintendo Switch. It will be silly for Nintendo to create a hybrid system, then create an entirely new handheld system that doesn't play Switch games, and then release Pokémon purely for that new console. That doesn't even make any sense. If anyone believes this will happen, then they are taking the term 'wishful thinking' to entirely new levels of denial.
I don't know where this term hybrid system is coming from, Nintendo has never stated the switch is a hybrid system or that their combining both the game lines into switch.

They've stated more than once the 3ds is their mobile system and switch is their home console.

Until Nintendo says hey we're done with 3ds and switch is our hybrid do it all system and all our games are coming out on switch it's ridiculous to treat switch as anything other than what Nintendo says it is.

Pokemon comes out on 3ds,until its stated otherwise you can call switch whatever you like and think it's whatever you imagine but if you wanna play Nintendo's mobile game lines you better own a 3ds

I don't know where this term hybrid system is coming from, Nintendo has never stated the switch is a hybrid system or that their combining both the game lines into switch.

They've stated more than once the 3ds is their mobile system and switch is their home console.

Until Nintendo says hey we're done with 3ds and switch is our hybrid do it all system and all our games are coming out on switch it's ridiculous to treat switch as anything other than what Nintendo says it is.

Pokemon comes out on 3ds,until its stated otherwise you can call switch whatever you like and think it's whatever you imagine but if you wanna play Nintendo's mobile game lines you better own a 3ds

They have never stated that. They said that 3DS still has a life co existing with the Switch. They never once said that the 3DS is still their main handheld system instead of the Switch. And considering plenty of other consoles still have lives after their successors are released, this literally means nothing.

Of course I own a 3DS. I own an original 3DS and a new 3ds XL. However, Pokémon already reached the limits of the 3DS (as been said a million times by now), and any other game after SM will offer no improvements, and will therefore be pointless. It is very unlikely that there will be another main series title on Nintendo 3DS, as there is literally nothing more the 3DS can offer Pokémon.

You can think whatever you like, but if you plan on continuing to play Pokémon in the future, you better get a Nintendo Switch.

They've said it's supposed to be both a home console and a portable one. Why do we need a specific wording?
"We didn't just want a successor to the Wii U or the 3DS. " -http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1579699/how-the-nintendo-switch-will-affect-the-3ds
It's not replacing either role-it's in a new class by iteself. (and where are you getting that statement, anyways?)
Being done with the 3DS and making games for a new console are two different things-DS games were still being released after the 3DS.

They have never stated that. They said that 3DS still has a life co existing with the Switch. They never once said that the 3DS is still their main handheld system instead of the Switch. And considering plenty of other consoles still have lives after their successors are released, this literally means nothing.

Of course I own a 3DS. I own an original 3DS and a new 3ds XL. However, Pokémon already reached the limits of the 3DS (as been said a million times by now), and any other game after SM will offer no improvements, and will therefore be pointless. It is very unlikely that there will be another main series title on Nintendo 3DS, as there is literally nothing more the 3DS can offer Pokémon.

You can think whatever you like, but if you plan on continuing to play Pokémon in the future, you better get a Nintendo Switch.
If they release pokemon on switch then the 3ds is done,it's the systems biggest seller and if you look at when 3ds sales happened they spiked huge during pokemon releases.

In fact the 3ds was floundering until about the time pokemon x hit,the first 3ds pokemon game.

Of course other games had huge 3ds sales spikes too like smash bros.

If I had to buy a switch to play pokemon I just wouldn't play,SM left a bad taste in my mouth.(still no PokeBalls update)

As far as saying SM were the best game the 3ds could handle I doubt it,I've seen games much deeper and they still haven't tapped new 3ds power

If they release pokemon on switch then the 3ds is done,it's the systems biggest seller and if you look at when 3ds sales happened they spiked huge during pokemon releases.

In fact the 3ds was floundering until about the time pokemon x hit,the first 3ds pokemon game.

Of course other games had huge 3ds sales spikes too like smash bros.

If I had to buy a switch to play pokemon I just wouldn't play,SM left a bad taste in my mouth.(still no PokeBalls update)

As far as saying SM were the best game the 3ds could handle I doubt it,I've seen games much deeper and they still haven't tapped new 3ds power

The 3DS is going to end at some point. It isn't going to last forever. Whether Pokémon goes onto Nintendo Switch with Pokémon Stars or Gen VIII, doesn't really matter, because Pokémon will be moving on regardless.

There is no point in arguing that Pokémon didn't push the limits of the 3DS. All the evidence is there. They had to remove actual battle modes such as Triple and Rotation battle for a start, not to mention the fact that no 3DS (not even the New 3DS) could run Pokémon SM without lag in certain aspects of the game. If the 3DS could effectively run Pokémon SM, there would be no lag, plain and simple. There was also the fact that myself and a few others even noticed 'blurry text' on atleast two seperate occasions during gameplay. You need to face facts, The Pokémon franchise will not be improved at all if it remains on the 3DS. The next games need to go on a new console, whether the next game is Pokémon Stars, or Gen VIII.

Back
Top Bottom