• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You mean like Pokemon Blue and Red. One of the most popular games ever in the general public. Yeah, probably if you're going to speak for those 'players', you should probably not assume as much.

But that was over 20 years ago. Pokemon has set some standards, in those years, namely BW and their sequels, and SM.
Also, Red and Blue have a story. It had an evil team. Though very less prominent, but there was a story. The character battled team rocket, and that is more than what @Kisu described.

But that was over 20 years ago. Pokemon has set some standards, in those years, namely BW and their sequels, and SM.
Also, Red and Blue have a story. It had an evil team. Though very less prominent, but there was a story. The character battled team rocket, and that is more than what @Kisu described.

I don't think your general public care much about story in Pokemon as compared to several things out there. Also regarding Blue and Red. It wouldn't call it story because there's not much in it. I would call it just call it a plot.

Whatever story blue and red had was fine because it was the first thing.

Everyone has different opinions of course,I enjoyed Oras's story but I didn't care for SM's.

I think story is fine but should be secondary to your own characters development.

Imagine if pokemon does come to switch having the option of challenging the pokemon league or going rogue and being a villian and work your way up team rocket.

There's story elements there but it's your story and your choices.
Doing things with Lillie for instance should be optional,side quests that push that story forward if you wanna know it,not her and her mom being the main focus

I think story is fine but should be secondary to your own characters development.

Mostly it focuses on the character's development before the story. The only game which adversely affected your development was Yellow, where the player was stuck with a Pikachu that couldn't evolve as the only choice for a starter, and you had to pick the 3 starters at a later point.

It seems to me that Kisu wants a MMORPG.

Maybe it will happen eventually, but it won't be part of the main series.

Well, personally, I want an MMORPG.

But, I also think we're a few continents short on representation before that has a reasonable chance of happening. Even WoW's RTS predecessors gave you at least representations of much of the world before the MMO came out.

I personally would like the ability to ride Party Pokemon who have special interactions, like flying on a Lunala will have it look at you or something. But probs not gonna happen. More ride mons would be gucci though

More ride mons would be gucci though
Ride Pokemon existed mostly because it replaces HMs and make Alola seem a bit more nature-reliant compared to other regions. If they want to make a new Ride Pokemon, maybe make a Pickup slave/upgrade Stoutland to easily pick up items instead of sniffing them like Dousing Machine, or even Volbeat instead of Flash for insanely dark areas.

I would personally love to see the fighting totally get revamped and control the pokemon, but that is so never gonna happen. As to not having a story every gane has to have a form of a story. Take fable (one of the few games you can truly be both good or evil) still has a singular purpose in the long run you just get to choose how to get there. Personally I would love to see a flip game where we play on team rocket and such, but as stated never gonna happen on any of that

I would personally love to see the fighting totally get revamped and control the pokemon, but that is so never gonna happen. As to not having a story every gane has to have a form of a story. Take fable (one of the few games you can truly be both good or evil) still has a singular purpose in the long run you just get to choose how to get there. Personally I would love to see a flip game where we play on team rocket and such, but as stated never gonna happen on any of that
Oh don’t worry, someone here’s going to make it happen. Who’s going to start a Change.Org petition?

Oh don’t worry, someone here’s going to make it happen. Who’s going to start a Change.Org petition?

I'd sign it. Besides, it's not like we haven't ended up actively working with villainous teams before. So we're not lacking a basis for it.

Of the naturally-found Pokemon, Oranguru and Passimian are the only ones that do not have Hidden Abilities because the Pokemon they called in SOS battles are not of their species. This led me to believe that both of these Pokemon will be available in Stars (or whatever shape it will take), and will probably call the other in SOS battles (Passimian calls Oranguru, Oranguru calls Passimian).

The other Generation 7 Pokemon with unreleased Hidden Abilities are likely to be events, because what's left are the starters and the Tapus. Speaking of the Tapus, I wonder how they will have Telepathy distributed (I am guessing as a film event).

Thanks for reading.

The other Generation 7 Pokemon with unreleased Hidden Abilities are likely to be events, because what's left are the starters and the Tapus. Speaking of the Tapus, I wonder how they will have Telepathy distributed (I am guessing as a film event).

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they will likely be Bank events, like the Golems and Beasts.

The beasts haven't been distributed in over 6 years, so their hidden abilities are still unobtainable...

Who cares about the Telepathy Tapus? No way will they be movie distributions.

There's always Mystery Dungeon, which does some of that...
Who cares about the Telepathy Tapus? No way will they be movie distributions.
Pimpnite probably would

There's always Mystery Dungeon, which does some of that...

Pimpnite probably would
Lol I was watching Pimpnite when I responded to this
I’d like to see Pikashu be an event for Pokemon I choose you. Or it can be like the AZ Floette and never come out. Thats fine and dandy too

Nope. Not in a game, anyway. I'm expecting that to be a movie.

I think that Stars will do wonders for the Switch. The new console is already selling its pre-orders well, and what with the alleged variants of Joy-Cons, and the patent features, I see a great potential for Pokemon.
I think Stars will be a sort of walk-way to the Gen 4 remakes and Gen 8.

Well, here's another titbits for y'all!
Pokémon Sun and Moon will get an NX port. This won’t be revealed until the NX is announced. It will feature update graphics and different UI suited for one screen.

Dosen't it seem similar to Stars? It is actually a line from the "Gummy Leaks" from Sun and Moon leak era. This can be found in the Rumors/Fakes/Leaks thread's first post after some scrolling.

Does it mean more creditablity for Stars? The gummy leaks predicted Toucannon, and Mimikkyu's stat distribution.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom