• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon sun and moon will air on Disney XD instead of CN

Also, no episode on November 26th it seems because of Teen Titans Go marathon. So, that'd make this Saturday's episode the final premiere for CN?

Lol you two beat me to the punch. I just saw this on Facebook and am pretty sad. Pokemon has been a Cartoonnetwork staple for a while now :(
I saw it ten minutes after they uploaded the video to their channel

I am assuming it might have more to do with CN than it being TPCi's choice

If 7 a.m. time slot for the new episodes was any indication... It doesn't come as a surprise. Also, CN's programming has become more repetitive than it has ever been. *cough TTGO*

Anyway, I hope it does well on XD.

With a change of networks, does that include a change of VAs?
Nupz. It only seems to be about the broadcasting rights.

Well this is quite a shock. I never expected Cartoon Network to drop Pokémon, even with the awful time slots it has on there. Funny enough, I was just talking about Pokémon bring on Disney XD in different countries, since people were thinking it was a given Dragon Ball Super would premiere on Nicktoons since it's airing on Hebrew Nickelodeon.

And I just realized, Disney XD also airs Yo-Kai Watch. Will they air the two back to back maybe? I'm also interested to see which performs better on that channel.

Okay. I definitely did not see that coming, but it made sense in retrospect with Cartoon Network giving XYZ the 7:00 am EST time slot.
Hopefully Disney XD treats the franchise better than Cartoon Network did with Season 19.

With a change of networks, does that include a change of VAs?

No, Sarah Natochenny's still voicing Ash:

Also, no episode on November 26th it seems because of Teen Titans Go marathon. So, that'd make this Saturday's episode the final premiere for CN?

I assume that they'll finish airing the current season at least. I'm not sure if it would be wise to put the rest of the XYZ on a new channel when there's only about ten episodes left. If this was the middle of the series, perhaps that could work, but when we're so close to the end of the series, it might be a bit tricky. Although, I don't know if they can finish off the rest of the series before the end of the year.

I am assuming it might have more to do with CN than it being TPCi's choice

If 7 a.m. time slot for the new episodes was any indication... It doesn't come as a surprise. Also, CN's programming has become more repetitive than it has ever been. *cough TTGO*

Anyway, I hope it does well on XD.

Cartoon Network has shown much less interest in the series since this season began. Pokemon.com even had episodes available earlier most likely due to how there was little promotion for this season. It's possible that TPCI chose to take the series to Disney XD as a result of that poor treatment, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cartoon Network just flat out didn't want to renew their rights to the series. They have become much less interested in third party shows over the years, but I never thought that they'd pass up the chance to get a new Pokemon series on their lineup.

What an surprising announcement that was. Now we know why Cartoon Network didn't say anything. Bit surprised and startled really as Cartoon Network was the main home for Pokémon for quite a while.

Though to be honest I really have to agree that it's for the better as Cartoon Network has more or less treated the XY series as (and i'm sorry for this kind of language) absolute shite.

I mean seriously, they hardly advertise any of the damn series and chose a terrible time to air the series at morning, surely such bigger moments like the Kalos League and The Team Flare arc could have been shown at a better time.

Just look at CITV here in the UK for example, they air new episodes at 12:00 PM and reairs the ep at 6:00 PM for fans to catch up. Cartoon Network doesn't care. They've treated the series badly so I won't be shredding any tears when Pokémon goes. (Then again I don't think anyone will)

Not to mention they're more or less starting to move away from airing third party shows and focusing on either their own shows or Warner Bros produced shows.

With a new channel on board, here's hoping that Pokémon gets better treatment then what CN did. Here's hoping The House Of Mouse doesn't air it at Stupid O Clock like CN did, let's hope they do advertise and get the excited fans in. Here's hoping Disney XD does a good job with Pokémon.

(Yeah sorry for the lengthy rant, stupid I know)

It's unfortunate that they weren't able to iron this out in time for release. Instead, we get delayed for like two weeks.

It's not super surprising, they haven't seemed to care about Pokemon for years now. I feel like the only way this could affect the dub is we might get longer openings (iirc CN has a policy that openings can't be more than 30ish seconds), though I don't know what Disney XD's policy is.

Also I kind of like Mallow's dub voice! And Sarah's Ash seems better but it's been up and down so much it's hard to tell if it'll stay consistent. It's also interesting how different the promos have been in Japan and the US while they still use basically the same clips. Is it just because they think American kids will respond to this version better or is it foreshadowing that this series will take a more serious turn later on?

***I haven't seen any S/M game spoilers so this has nothing to do with those!!!!! Don't tell me about them!!!***

It's not super surprising, they haven't seemed to care about Pokemon for years now. I feel like the only way this could affect the dub is we might get longer openings (iirc CN has a policy that openings can't be more than 30ish seconds), though I don't know what Disney XD's policy is.
All of the Disney cartoons that I've seen had an average of 1 minute long intros, I've checked even latest cartoons and they all lasted about 1 minute, even anime like Digimon and Yo-kai Watch are on that list

Reading this i´m still confused. Maybe it´s for the best to Air it on Disney XD?

It's unfortunate that they weren't able to iron this out in time for release. Instead, we get delayed for like two weeks.

It might be for the best anyway. While it would have been cool to get the dub out just a few days after the series starts in Japan like with XY, it might have been too tricky to do during this weekend. Plus, for something like Pokemon moving to a new channel, I think giving a two weeks notice for the marathon would potentially do more to generate hype for the series, especially if they start playing ads on Disney Channel proper and Disney XD in the meantime.

All of the Disney cartoons that I've seen had an average of 1 minute long intros, I've checked even latest cartoons and they all lasted about 1 minute, even anime like Digimon and Yo-kai Watch are on that list

That's a good sign. While it's not the only problem with the TPCI openings, being forced into just thirty seconds has been a problem, so getting about a minute could help make better dub openings at least.

Wow, this is going to take some getting used to. Pokemon has been on Cartoon Network for all of my life, and I don't even have Disney XD here at college, so I guess I'll just have to catch it online when I'm here. I guess it's for the better though. CN hasn't really promoted Pokemon well in a while. It's only when there's a new series or a movie that I see any commercials for the show.

Hopefully we'll be able to get longer intros again though. I never liked the 30 second policy CN had.

Well, judging from that commercial, it already looks like DXD is going to be giving far better treatment to Pokémon than CN had the last few years.

And boy, they're really laying it on thick with the dramatic music score and description aren't they? 'This island paradise is no vacation'. Okay, then.

Well, judging from that commercial, it already looks like DXD is going to be giving far better treatment to Pokémon than CN had the last few years.

And boy, they're really laying it on thick with the dramatic music score and description aren't they? 'This island paradise is no vacation'. Okay, then.

American ̶K̶i̶r̶b̶y̶ Pikachu is hardcore!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom