• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon sun and moon will air on Disney XD instead of CN

Oh deary me, Nick & More on Twitter has just announced that "Disney XD apparently no longer cares about a shows "premiere time". They've removed all mentions from promos over the last couple weeks. They now say "premieres (date), anywhere you can watch Disney XD" - because the time on TV no longer matters. Its anywhere/anytime.It airs on TV multiple times that day (+ many days after), but is release On Demand, iTunes, Amazon that "premiere day". That's the focus."

So that means Sun & Moon is fucked then and we'll gonna do the CN song and dance routine all over again.

Welp, goodnight Pokémon dub, it was nice knowing ya.

Not necessarily. I think that he also tweeted that they're giving Pokemon XY a 4PM weekday rerun slot, which is already worlds better than what Cartoon Network has been doing with the series. And focusing on when the series will be available on their website, On Demand and such isn't really a bad thing either. In this day and age, it's extremely easy for people to watch stuff outside of when it airs on TV. I wouldn't say that the time on TV no longer matters exactly, as people still watch stuff live, but it is important to focus on where people can watch their shows elsewhere too. Even if they are just focusing on when people can watch it anywhere on the Disney XD app, website, On Demand, or whatever, that's still way better than what Cartoon Network has been doing. We were lucky to get one promo for the new season a year and they haven't bothered to promote the series on their website either.

I can understand being worried about that, but I seriously doubt that it's going to be the same song and dance from Cartoon Network. I still have hope given the repeat slot for XY and how they handled the sneak peek. There was a promo for that, they put both the movie and the SM sneak peak on their On Demand page shortly afterwards and they had a week of repeats for that sneak peak as well. That does not give the impression that they're going to do the same thing that Cartoon Network did. I'd prefer to save the panicking if they give me more of a reason to do so than just focusing on when people can watch the show anytime on their app and website.

EDIT: I just check his twitter account and he already explained what this means, as well as how Pokemon is not in any danger:

View: https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/818855598485831680
So false alarm. There's no need to panic right now.

Last edited:
Do we even know the day that Sun and Moon will begin airing on DXD?

January 22nd is on Sunday and an evening slot too? Awesome! Already much better timeslots than CN and Sun and Moon is starting earlier than I thought. Like I thought it was February that we'd start in, but that's for XY looks like I'll take it. Can't wait for next Weekend!

I suspect that it will be the first episode again. They've aired it before, but this will be the series' proper premiere, so it would make sense to go back with the first episode. We'll hopefully be able to see the new opening too. I'm glad that we have a premiere date now. I thought that it wouldn't happen until February since XY would still be airing on Cartoon Network, but I'm happy with an earlier date. I think it is supposed to air the day after the XY finale airs on Cartoon Network too, so that's pretty cool.

Also there's no doubt the music for the episode will change (but most of you will know that by now).

Just hearing about the XY rerun slot and the current time for new episodes, it's clear Mickey and friends are giving the ultimate middle finger to Cartoon Network.

You see that CN, that's would you should have been doing instead of shoving Teen Titans No in our face 24/7.

No wonder the channel's dying.

Anyways, can't wait for the series to start, better time, better slot and a much better chance of pulling in decent ratings too.

Also there's no doubt the music for the episode will change (but most of you will know that by now).

Just hearing about the XY rerun slot and the current time for new episodes, it's clear Mickey and friends are giving the ultimate middle finger to Cartoon Network.

You see that CN, that's would you should have been doing instead of shoving Teen Titans No in our face 24/7.

No wonder the channel's dying.

Anyways, can't wait for the series to start, better time, better slot and a much better chance of pulling in decent ratings too.
This makes me want to sketch Rapunzel and Pheromosa hanging out. :p

Unfortunately it's not anything to get excited about as it's just an encore of the first ep, no ep will be on next Sunday and Nick & More said it won't be premiering in February. I'm getting confused as a Noibat now. When will it actually start then if it's not this week and not in February? Honestly, we're gonna be even more behind at this point.

Unfortunately it's not anything to get excited about as it's just an encore of the first ep, no ep will be on next Sunday and Nick & More said it won't be premiering in February. I'm getting confused as a Noibat now. When will it actually start then if it's not this week and not in February? Honestly, we're gonna be even more behind at this point.
I dont like that they are giving a large break either but it may be so they can rack up a bank of episodes so in the event they want to do a marathon of new episodes or so there can be shorter breaks in the future. I think in the original series-advanced series KidsWB was nearly a year behind schedule.

I'm not thrilled with taking longer to get to the proper premiere myself. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to wait until TPCI dubs more episodes for an event. That wouldn't be a bad idea to create more attention for the series, but it does mean that we'll have to wait longer unfortunately. At least they're airing XY reruns. That is still a promising sign given that they're giving it a weekday slot and it might be their way to test the waters for the series.

I also wouldn't worry about being far behind the original version. They've only aired ten episodes thus far. The gaps for the TPCI dubs have usually ranged between thirteen to fifteen episodes. Maybe twenty at the most if I recall correctly. That's really not all that bad. They need to have some gap between the two versions and it isn't a huge one to begin with. 4Kids was a full year behind the Japanese version back in the day. Even now, 4K Media is a year behind Arc-V's Japanese version and the U.S. airings are two years behind it as well. If we get a hiatus that goes on for like six or more months, then I'll panic, but we should be okay here.

I'm not thrilled with taking longer to get to the proper premiere myself. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to wait until TPCI dubs more episodes for an event. That wouldn't be a bad idea to create more attention for the series, but it does mean that we'll have to wait longer unfortunately. At least they're airing XY reruns. That is still a promising sign given that they're giving it a weekday slot and it might be their way to test the waters for the series.

I also wouldn't worry about being far behind the original version. They've only aired ten episodes thus far. The gaps for the TPCI dubs have usually ranged between thirteen to fifteen episodes. Maybe twenty at the most if I recall correctly. That's really not all that bad. They need to have some gap between the two versions and it isn't a huge one to begin with. 4Kids was a full year behind the Japanese version back in the day. Even now, 4K Media is a year behind Arc-V's Japanese version and the U.S. airings are two years behind it as well. If we get a hiatus that goes on for like six or more months, then I'll panic, but we should be okay here.
They did post the 2 sneek peek episodes on Pokémon TV so I think it still might be premiering in the late winter-early spring.

Oh and Pokemon XYZ is still airing, so maybe they're trying to keep the gap they started out with at the beginning of last year. I believe XYZ has been airing episodes about like a month later than they were last year I believe.

They did post the 2 sneek peek episodes on Pokémon TV so I think it still might be premiering in the late winter-early spring.

Oh and Pokemon XYZ is still airing, so maybe they're trying to keep the gap they started out with at the beginning of last year. I believe XYZ has been airing episodes about like a month later than they were last year I believe.

I noticed that earlier as well. They probably want to help remind the audience that a new show is on the way, but I suspect we'll get a premiere within the not too distant future. We could see a March premiere. It's possible that they'd want to wait another month instead of jumping right into the new series. It will give them more episodes to air later on anyway. I thought that XYZ started last February, but I could be mistaken.

I noticed that earlier as well. They probably want to help remind the audience that a new show is on the way, but I suspect we'll get a premiere within the not too distant future. We could see a March premiere. It's possible that they'd want to wait another month instead of jumping right into the new series. It will give them more episodes to air later on anyway. I thought that XYZ started last February, but I could be mistaken.
It did. XY Kalos Quest ended in December 19th with the mega evolution special airing the 26th in 2015 before an almost 2 month hiatus and continued on February 20, 2016 I believe. So we're probably going to get a gap around a month or so this year as well except it's later on since XYZ is still currently airing.

This hiatus could be a good thing as XYZ is still finishing on CN with just the legend of XYZ special next week, and I kinda had a theory that perhaps this happened because they could give us more extra content now that we're on a network that's not bad like CN. In the 4kids era didn't they have some extra content after episodes were done like the Pokerap? I believe they continued this until the end of their era once PUSA took over. Maybe TPCI could do the same thing and give us more things to look forward for the sun and moon series?

It did. XY Kalos Quest ended in December 19th with the mega evolution special airing the 26th in 2015 before an almost 2 month hiatus and continued on February 20, 2016 I believe. So we're probably going to get a gap around a month or so this year as well except it's later on since XYZ is still currently airing.

Ah, that makes sense. It will give them more time for episodes to be dubbed and we could get something like a big event of weekday premieres or something like that if there are enough episodes ready to air by then.

This hiatus could be a good thing as XYZ is still finishing on CN with just the legend of XYZ special next week, and I kinda had a theory that perhaps this happened because they could give us more extra content now that we're on a network that's not bad like CN. In the 4kids era didn't they have some extra content after episodes were done like the Pokerap? I believe they continued this until the end of their era once PUSA took over. Maybe TPCI could do the same thing and give us more things to look forward for the sun and moon series?

I think 4Kids only had stuff like the Pokerap and Pikachu's Jukebox for the first three seasons. I know that we didn't get anything before the credits starting with the Johto League Champions season. I don't know if TPCI would be interested in trying something like that again, but it could be neat. I just want them to put out an actual good opening theme now that Disney XD most likely won't have them narrow it down to thirty seconds.

I just want them to put out an actual good opening theme now that Disney XD most likely won't have them narrow it down to thirty seconds.
Problem is, even their extended themes have left a pretty sour taste in my mouth- they should consider hiring better singers or writing better lyrics. I'm glad the "we'll be friends for life" theme left the dub, but trying too hard to be edgy is an issue I had with all three XY dub themes, so a medium would be nice.

As for the dub, my expectations are at an all time low coming off the last saga, and other than the BGM being left alone in the sneak peek, I have some issues with the SM dub already so...yeah.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom