• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon sun and moon will air on Disney XD instead of CN

But it's the anniversary of Japanese airing, not the english dub. Why would they choose that as air date?

Pokémon paired with Yokai Watch...

Put that in the dictionary under "Ironic as All Forncation".

Is Disney just gonna start releasing the episodes without notice so we'll be behind in the Dub when we realize it's on?

Unh, doesn't anyone in the Bulbagarden forums ever know that there's going to be an encore presentation of the one-hour preview of the Sun & Moon series this Friday?

I wrote a news report about it, and I waited for SnorlaxMonster to take it out of draft form, but he never did.

And my draft just got deleted. SnorlaxMonster said that Reruns aren't that important.

I live in Canada and strongly believe that this Saturday's airing of SM001 will not be a rerun of the sneak peek version but the television premiere of the finalized version. Since there's a notable difference between the two versions, it should be considered a little important at the very least.

And to throw a little more evidence towards this, take a look at this Tweet from the official Teletoon Twitter account:

View: https://twitter.com/TELETOON/status/842103875083632644

I live in Canada and strongly believe that this Saturday's airing of SM001 will not be a rerun of the sneak peek version but the television premiere of the finalized version. Since there's a notable difference between the two versions, it should be considered a little important at the very least.

And to throw a little more evidence towards this, take a look at this Tweet from the official Teletoon Twitter account:

View: https://twitter.com/TELETOON/status/842103875083632644

Yeah i think that pretty much confirms it. They also aired some of the movies in place of the XY reruns time slot this past week.

It wasn't deleted, Snorlax ate it.

So if there is an encore presentation randomly on a Friday, does that mean the dub season will premiere soon?
I'm not sure yet; maybe we'll get an announcement or something some time today about a premiere date.

I come from Canada, So I should too find out if this is the real thing cuz looking at that tweet it looks legit. Even on Zap2it for Teletoon EP002 supposed to air next saturday, but we don't know about April so far if they'll go to the 3rd episode.

I come from Canada, So I should too find out if this is the real thing cuz looking at that tweet it looks legit. Even on Zap2it for Teletoon EP002 supposed to air next saturday, but we don't know about April so far if they'll go to the 3rd episode.

We should know in a few days if SM003 will be airing in April. If so, that pretty much confirms a Canadian premiere.

While I'm certainly not upset by this if it's true, I was do sure Disney X.D. would get the premiere as a sign of good faith for picking up the series from Cartoon Network. This certainly won't help US television ratings.

Even with potentially waiting longer for the premiere on Disney XD, this is still better than if it was still on Cartoon Network. SM might have already premiered if it was still on the channel, but it would have most likely stuck on the 7AM death slot and definitely with no promotion. Even with XD focusing primarily on XY reruns, that's still better than what Cartoon Network has done with the series for years. They actually promote the show, give it good timeslots and make the episodes available on their website. All things considered, they're still doing a better job than Cartoon Network has done with the series for quite some time.

While I'm not thrilled with how long it's taking them to give a proper premiere for the series, it's most likely because they want to air a bunch of episodes at once for an event, as they've done with their other shows, so they need TPCI to dub more episodes. It hopefully won't be a long wait, but I also hope that the wait will be worth it once they do start airing the series.

Disney XD will be airing a marathon of episodes from season 17 on April 14, so hopefully they'll start Sun & Moon soon after. I don't know whether the marathon will continue on April 15 at this time.

Schedule for that day (subject to change):
  • S17 E38: Summer Of Discovery! (01:00 AM)
  • S17 E39: Day Three Blockbusters! (01:30 AM)
  • S17 E40: Foggy Pokémon Orienteering! (02:00 AM)
  • S17 E41: Battling Into The Hall Of Fame! (02:30 AM)
  • S17 E42: Origins Of Mega Evolution! (03:00 AM)
  • S17 E43: Showdown At The Shalour Gym! (03:30 AM)
  • S17 E44: Splitting Heirs! (04:00 AM)
  • S17 E45: The Clumsy Crier Quiets The Chaos! (04:30 AM)
  • S17 E46: Dreaming A Performer's Dream! (05:00 AM)
  • S17 E47: A Campus Reunion! (05:30 AM)
  • S17 E01: Kalos, Where Dreams And Adventures Begin! (06:00 AM)
  • S17 E02: Lumiose City Pursuit! (06:30 AM)
  • S17 E03: A Battle Of Aerial Mobility! (07:00 AM)
  • S17 E04: A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! (07:30 AM)
  • S17 E05: A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle! (08:00 AM)
  • S17 E06: Battling On Thin Ice! (08:30 AM)
  • S17 E07: Giving Chase At The Rhyhorn Race! (09:00 AM)
  • S17 E08: Grooming Furfrou! (09:30 AM)
  • S17 E09: Clemont's Got A Secret! (10:00 AM)
  • S17 E10: Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! (10:30 AM)
  • S17 E11: The Bamboozling Forest! (11:00 AM)
  • S17 E12: To Catch A Pokémon Smuggler! (11:30 AM)
  • S17 E13: Kindergarten Chaos! (12:00 PM)
  • S17 E14: Seeking Shelter From The Storm! (12:30 PM)
  • S17 E15: An Appetite For Battle! (01:00 PM)
  • S17 E16: A Jolting Switcheroo! (01:30 PM)
  • S17 E17: A Rush Of Ninja Wisdom! (02:00 PM)
  • S17 E18: Awakening The Sleeping Giant! (02:30 PM)
  • S17 E19: A Conspiracy To Conquer! (03:00 PM)
  • S17 E20: Breaking Titles At The Chateau! (04:00 PM)
  • S17 E21: A Pokévision Of Things To Come! (04:30 PM)
  • S17 E22: Going For The Gold! (05:00 PM)
  • S17 E23: Coming Back Into The Cold! (05:30 PM)
  • S17 E24: Climbing The Walls! (06:00 PM)
  • S17 E25: A Battle By Any Other Name! (06:30 PM)
  • S17 E26: To Find A Fairy Flower! (07:00 PM)
  • S17 E27: The Bonds Of Evolution! (07:30 PM)
  • S17 E28: Heroes-Friend And Faux Alike! (08:00 PM)
  • S17 E29: Mega Revelations! (08:30 PM)
  • S17 E30: The Cave Of Trials! (09:00 PM)
  • S17 E31: The Aura Storm! (09:30 PM)
  • S17 E32: Calling From Beyond The Aura! (10:00 PM)
  • S17 E33: The Bonds Of Mega Evolution! (10:30 PM)
  • S17 E34: The Forest Champion! (11:00 PM)
  • S17 E35: Battles In The Sky! (11:30 PM)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom