• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon sun and moon will air on Disney XD instead of CN

Well looky ere boys, it looks like we UK lot are getting it much earlier than America. CITV will be officially kicking off their Sun & Moon run next week on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Since it's the Easter holidays they'll be airing the new eps in the morning and repeating them at the usual time of 6:00 PM. Once the holidays are over, it'll probably go back to it's regular Saturday spot. Won't be long before Mickey jumps on the bandwagon.

So much for DXD (no, not that one!) treating Pokemon better than CN... :(

They are treating it better than Cartoon Network though. Yeah, I'm not thrilled with them taking their sweet time with premiering SM, but they're still promoting the show, putting episodes of XY on pretty good timeslots and making episodes and even some movies available on their website/On Demand section. If Cartoon Network was still airing Pokemon, we'd probably would have gotten SM started by now, but it would be at the 7AM deathslot with no promotion and no rerun slot. They'd have the episodes available on their website/On Demand section too, but I think that the poor slot and treatment would still shine through. At least Disney XD is still interested in the series enough to give it good treatment. Just because they are taking too long to premiere SM proper doesn't mean that they're suddenly worse or just as bad as Cartoon Network, especially when they're most likely waiting for more episodes to be dubbed so that they can air a lot in an event or put the episodes on their website.

CITV will be officially kicking off their Sun & Moon run next week on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Since it's the Easter holidays they'll be airing the new eps in the morning and repeating them at the usual time of 6:00 PM.

Sun & Moon episodes 1 through 4 will be airing from Tuesday the 11th through Friday the 14th, catching up with Teletoon in Canada. We'll likely see more episodes on CITV in the coming weeks.

On the other hand, Disney XD's schedule does not contain Pokémon: Sun & Moon through May 1st.

You can watch it on YouTube. I dunno if I am allowed to post a link.

You're not allowed to do that. It's against the rules to provide links to illegal Pokemon content, which includes full episodes. Short clips or opening themes are fine, but not much more than that unless it's from an official source like the official Pokemon website.

Disney XD treat the dub better than CN did in later years, about the same as CN did in earlier years during BF-mid DP, and not as good as Kids WB treated it during OS & AG from my standpoint from what I'm seeing: good for those of you who like the dub, though.

Yeah, I'll still take this over CN. Disney XD is already better than CN because they show it more than once a week at 7 AM. I can't watch it most of the time because I work, but that's fine because I'm A) not the target audience and B) have no interest in rewatching XY anyway.

I'm still betting on a big weeklong marathon of premieres (at minimum) sometime in the near future.

Finally starts on May 12 or 13 with new episodes daily.

At least they're making up for lost time.

I wrote an article on Bulbanews about this, but it's still not yet out of draft form. When is SnorlaxMonster going to take it out of draft form?

I wrote an article on Bulbanews about this, but it's still not yet out of draft form. When is SnorlaxMonster going to take it out of draft form?

This really isn't the place to ask about your article on Bulbanews. You can just contact the people involved with Bulbanews/Bulbapedia instead of discussing the issue out in the open like this.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom