• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon Sun & Moon Mafia - Endgame - 18/3/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have felt the laziness coming....

But I'm gonna refrain from hammering in hyper-majority until Moon Entity has checked in.

Alright, might as well finish this seeing as I've run out of time to spend on this game and it doesn't seem like anyone else is gonna do anything

Vote: Moon Entity

Endgame

DAY 7 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

Moon Entity III (Max1996, Ereshkigal, SwordMaster)

HYPER-MAJORITY has been achieved.

Lusamine was ready to jab Sun/Moon with one of Nihilego's tentacles, but before she could do so, the Legendary Pokemon used its signature move on her, splitting her from the Ultra Beast. She then said the following words to Lillie, before passing out:

"Lillie...
... ... ...
Heh...
When did you...start becoming beautiful?"

Dear Moon Entity, you are Aether President Lusamine:
150px-Sun_Moon_Lusamine.png
Lusamine appears in Pokémon Sun and Moon. She is first seen in a picture of a magazine that the player character is reading during the intro sequence. She is formally introduced after the Akala Grand Trial, when Hau and the player travel to Aether Paradise.

As president of the Aether Foundation, Lusamine claims to love all Pokémon, be they native to the Alola region or not. While the player and Hau are conversing with her in the conservation area, an Ultra Wormhole appears, in which Nihilego emerges. After the player fights it, she claims she will find it and love it like the other Pokémon in her care. Once Hau mentions Lillie, she gives a surprised expression and tries to not acknowledge her, foreshadowing the later events that would unfold.

Towards the end of the game, Plumeria remarks to Lillie that Team Skull are not the only thieves in Alola, and that Lillie ought to return Cosmog. When Hau, Gladion, and the player arrive at Aether Paradise, all the employees are suddenly hostile to them, including Faba, who had locked down Lusamine's office under her orders. There are also a number of Team Skull grunts present, implying an alliance.

When the player leaves Hau and Gladion to deal with Guzma, they find Lillie in the same room as Lusamine, with the former begging Lusamine to come to her senses. Lusamine is not fazed by it, and berates Lillie for leaving her and claims she was never her daughter, before teleporting into another room via a pad hidden behind her mirror. Lillie and the player step on the pad too, and teleport into the room her mother went to. When they arrive, Lusamine taunts them to come closer. Afterwards, Lillie and the player are horrified to see that she has a collection of frozen Pokémon scattered about the room, "protected" for all eternity.

Hau arrives, together with Gladion. Lusamine is disgusted by his arrival, as he had stolen Type: Null and ran away from her. He does not try to reason with her, deciding it is impossible at this point. Lusamine, frustrated, exclaims that she gave all her love to her children, only for them to run away. Cosmog is then revealed to be inside a cube, in which Lillie pleads her not to use its power, as it would die. Lusamine shows no care towards her statements, and uses the cube anyway, opening up a large wormhole in the room, and multiple others on the various islands of Alola. Guzma arrives, asking Lusamine whether the experiment was a success, and Nihilego materializes behind her as well. After being defeated by the player, Lusamine and Guzma jump into the wormhole and disappear with said portal alongside Nihilego.

She is later encountered in Ultra Space, where Guzma has given up working with her because of his newfound fear since Nihilego possessed him, and claims she is immune to reason at this point. Lillie disagrees, and runs off to confront her mother. When they arrive at an open terrace, she is nowhere to be found, only to phase into visibility and appear sitting on a rock in front of them. Lillie continues what she was saying to her mother back at Aether Paradise, along with trying to persuade her to come back to Alola.

Guzma turned out to be correct, as Lusamine says she would rather not come back to Alola, and that Lillie "could not even be that stupid". She boasts about how Ultra Space is beautiful, that Nihilego is all she cares about now, and that Lillie became ugly after leaving her and making friends with the player. Lusamine then turns her attention to the player, in which she immediately battles them, but not before merging with a Nihilego to become a pseudo-beast herself.

After losing, Lusamine becomes enraged and attempts to strike Lillie with one of many large tentacles she has control of. Lillie calls out to SolgaleoS/LunalaM, who proceeds to roar and emit energy at Lusamine, separating her from Nihilego. Before passing out, she asks Lillie when she started becoming beautiful. At the end of the game, Lillie tells the player she believes Lusamine is getting a bit better, having even tried to go to the player's celebration, and that she has been gently trying to help her mother understand the error of her ways. Lillie then leaves for the Kanto region to seek treatment for her mother from Bill (who, like Lusamine, has been combined with a Pokémon before) in the hopes that it will heal her of the last of Nihilego's poisons.

When spoken to after the victory celebration, Gladion speculates that Lusamine's fixation with the Ultra Beasts may have started when her husband (and Lillie and Gladion's father) Professor Mohn vanished during his study of the Ultra Wormholes and, in an ill-fated attempt to find him, she eventually grew obsessed with the Ultra Beasts to the point of monomania. Given Nihilego's parasitic nature and the mention of her being affected by its toxins, it may also be possible that Lusamine's obsession may have been influenced at least in part by Nihilego. Lillie's reminiscences on Exeggutor Island show that she recalls that her mother was once a kind and compassionate woman who genuinely cared for her children.

-Bulbapedia

Because of your status as the Aether President, people are not suspicious of you. As a result, you are the Godmother. Any copchecks on you will give an Alolan Islanders result. You have also been conducting lots of research. As a result, you are also the Rolecop. Once per night phase, you may a select a player and attempt to learn their role. Finally, you have captured the Rock/Poison-type Ultra Beast Nihilego. As a result, you are the 1x Backup Poisoner. If Plumeria gets eliminated before using her ability or her ability fails, you may attempt to use it once again yourself.

You are aligned with Team Skull and win when all other factions are eliminated while at least one member of your own faction is alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.
Moon Entity was lynched. He was Aether President Lusamine, Mafia Godmother + Rolecop + 1x Backup Poisoner

Back at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone, Hapu was waiting for everyone, and after Guzma carried Lusamine to put her on Hapu's Mudsdale, he and Hapu left for Aether Paradise. Lillie stayed behind to thank Sun/Moon for all they've done, even though they were defeated by Lusamine in the final battle. Nebby then expressed interest to keep travelling with Lillie, but as she was not a Trainer, she asked Sun/Moon to do so. Sun/Moon welcomed Nebby in their team by catching it immediately with a Quick Ball.

After this, Lillie left for Aether Paradise herself. Upon arriving there, Wicke welcomed her with open arms:

Dear Max1996, you are Wicke:
125px-Sun_Moon_Wicke.png
Wicke appears in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Her caring personality makes her popular among the Foundation's staff.

During the player's first visit to Aether Paradise, she takes the player and Hau on a tour of the facility. Before they leave, she gives Hau some malasadas and TM29 (Psychic) to the player.

Wicke is revealed to be one of the Foundation's employees who disagreed with Lusamine and her obsession with the Ultra Beasts, and the one who both Gladion and Lillie confided in before they ran away with a specimen of Type: Null and Cosmog, respectively. She is the one who subsequently refers Lillie to go to Professor Burnet to talk about Cosmog. To atone for the Foundation's contribution to the Ultra Beast crisis, she assists the International Police in their efforts to subdue or capture the creatures. She provides the player with Beast Balls to capture the wild Ultra Beasts with, and freely gives the player information on the Ultra Beasts that the player captures.

-Bulbapedia

You are a very caring person, so you are the Doctor. Once per night phase, you may a select a player and attempt to protect them from kills and/or heal them from poison.

You are aligned with the Alolan Islanders and win when all other factions are eliminated while at least one member of your own faction is alive.
Max1996 won the game! He was Wicke, Town Doctor

Kahuna Nanu showed up at the Altar to tell Sun/Moon about the new Pokemon League and offer that they travel together to Tapu Village, the base of Mount Lanakila, where the League is located. Sun/Moon accepted. The next day after reaching the village, Sun/Moon was ready for the great ascent. Soon after starting, Gladion challenged them to a battle as a thanks for all they've done for his family. After a fierce battle, Doctor Hoo was able to knock out Silvally. Upon reaching the top, Hau showed up too, hoping to defeat them after his training, so he could challenge the League first, but he lost to Doctor Hoo as well.

He then entered the League. First were Kahuna Hala and Olivia, now also Elite Four members. Doctor Hoo was able to sweep their teams. Next up, in Kahuna Nanu's place, Elite Four Acerola was representing Ula'ula Island, but even she couldn't stand a chance against Doctor Hoo's power:

Dear Ereshkigal, you are Elite Four Acerola:
200px-Sun_Moon_Acerola.png
Acerola is a friendly young girl who is the Captain of the trial of the Thrifty Megamart's abandoned site on Ula'ula Island. She is an orphan who lives at the Aether House, where she plays with the children and Pokémon that live there. Acerola is the last living member of an Alolan royal family.

Acerola first appears in Malie City's library, which her father owns, where she helps the player and Lillie find a book about Alolan Legendary Pokémon. Afterwards, she directs the player to their next trial on top of Mount Hokulani.

In her trial, Acerola asks the player to investigate the abandoned site, using their Poké Finder to take photos of the Ghost-type Pokémon making mischief there. At the end, they must defeat a powerful Totem Pokémon, a Mimikyu.

She later appears as a member of the Alola Elite Four, having taken on the position after Island Kahuna Nanu turned it down.

-Bulbapedia

Because you are a Ghost-type Trainer, you are the Restless Spirit. You may keep posting in-thread after your death, however you can not vote or have outside communications.

You are aligned with the Alolan Islanders and win when all other factions are eliminated while at least one member of your own faction is alive.
Ereshkigal won the game! They were Elite Four Acerola, Town Restless Spirit

Elite Four Kahili wasn't particularly difficult to beat either, even though Doctor Hoo was at a disadvantage. Upon defeating her, thinking that they were Champion already, Sun/Moon proudly ascended to the top of the League building... but there was a surprise waiting for them! Professor Kukui himself, the creator of this League, wanted to test the first Champion! This battle was hard, but not as much as Lusamine. With help from Washiwishi against Kukui's Incineroar, as well as the Legendary Pokemon Nebby now in the team, Sun/Moon emerged victorious and became the first ever champion of Alola!

Dear SwordMaster, you are Professor Kukui:
150px-Sun_Moon_Professor_Kukui.png
Professor Kukui is a passionate man who lives in the player's new hometown. His area of expertise is Pokémon moves, and is known to take direct hits from them if he thinks he can learn something about them. In his youth, Kukui participated in the island challenge with his childhood friend, Molayne. Afterwards, he traveled to Kanto, where he challenged the Indigo League and eventually made his way to the Indigo Plateau, but his Elite Four challenge ended after losing to Lance. It is unclear which iteration of the Indigo League he challenged. He is married to Professor Burnet.

Professor Kukui also frequents the Battle Royal Dome under the masked alias The Masked Royal (Japanese: ロイヤルマスク Royal Mask). As the Royal, Kukui invites the player, Hau, and Gladion to participate in a Battle Royal with him.

On top of Mount Hokulani, the professor directs the player's attention to the other mountain on Ula'ula Island, Mount Lanakila. It is here that Kukui plans to build Alola's own Pokémon League. Kukui believes that the time has come for Alola to make a name for itself in the world, and that establishing a Pokémon League will help achieve that. He then introduces the player to Molayne.

Later, after the trial of Hokulani Observatory, the player is asked by Molayne to return the Professor's Mask to Kukui, who is at Malie Garden. There, Kukui is confronted by the boss of Team Skull, Guzma. He calls both the professor and himself "fellow rejects who never could become captains." The boss then criticizes Kukui's idea of building a Pokémon League. Kukui then reveals he chose not to become a captain because he had other goals to pursue. Those goals are what lead him to build the League. The professor then asks the player to battle Guzma. The player wins, and Guzma leaves. Kukui thanks the player by giving them the Z-Crystal for the final evolution of the starter Pokémon they chose; Decidium Z, Incinium Z, Primarium Z for Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina, respectively. He also takes back the mask, while continuing to deny he is The Masked Royal.

Much later, the Professor greets the player at the gates to the now completed Pokémon League. Kukui welcomes the player, and if SolgaleoS/LunalaM is in their party, Kukui will share a few words with the Legendary Pokémon, as well. Once the player enters the League gates, Kukui explains how the Elite Four challenge works, and wishes the player luck.

Upon defeating all four members of the Elite Four, the player makes their way to the Champion's chamber and sits on the throne. However, Kukui approaches the player, saying they have one more challenge to complete before they can rightfully take their place as Champion. Professor Kukui challenges them to a battle for the Champion's throne, acting as the final battle of the player's Pokemon League challenge. He uses the final evolution of the starter the player's choice is weak to. After being defeated, Kukui congratulates the player, and names them the first ever Champion of the Alola Pokémon League, entering them in the Hall of Fame.

Kukui can be battled again as a challenger in a Title Defense battle, despite not wishing to be the Champion of a League that he created.

-Bulbapedia

Because of your Masked Royal persona, you are the 1x 4-Player Gladiator. Once in the game, during the night phase, you can select 3 players; only you and any of those 3 may be lynched the following day.

SwordMaster won the game! She was Professor Kukui, Town 1x 4-Player Gladiator

After becoming Champion, Sun/Moon went back to Melemele Island's Iki Town, where a party was thrown for them. Lots of people they met over their journey gathered to congratulate them. Lillie then suggested that they go to the Ruins of Conflict to meet Tapu Koko, and Tapu Koko had a battle with the new Champion. The next day, Lillie sneakily attempted to leave Alola to go to Kanto by ship, so she could find a cure for her mother who still has Nihilego's toxins in her body, as well as make a new start for herself. Hau and Sun/Moon, alongside the Professor, managed to wave her goodbye at the last minute!

This was the end of a journey, but also a new beginning.
THE END

ENDGAME!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ALOLAN ISLANDERS FOR WINNING THE GAME!

Aether Paradise - Sun/Moon Mafia QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Thanks to everyone who participated in this game on behalf of all War Room staff.
Please take some time to reply to the following questions about the game:

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the setup and its balance?
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Would you participate in a Sun/Moon Postgame Mafia in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY for a Town win! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes! :D

It's very good.

Nothing comes to mind...

Definitely!

I bet right about now there are people going, "Wait, Eresh was telling the truth?" :p

Did you enjoy the game?
Definitely!
I liked it. It was interesting in how it was set up, and left plenty of surprises.
Nothing comes to mind. I was surprised no one guessed which role I had.
Yes!

Yay! I got worried towards the end. Nightkilling Elementar sealed the mafias fate because human had gotten restless spirit as the role in the game but not belonging to flop, so with the death of Elementar Moon Entity was the only one not confirmed.

Thanks for hosting hosts!

Questions answers:

Yes.

I think town seemed a little op.

Idk.

Of course.

I think town seemed a little op.
Look at what powers scum had again, please. You were the person who thought Cheff's role was OP when it first flipped. Also keep in mind that Cheff dying early hindered scum power-wise a lot. That Watcher could be used to figure out which people could be PRs.

I'll soon make a more elaborate post on my thoughts on the game, as well as the setup and balance. But it will have to wait a bit.

It ended, wow that took a while.

Did you enjoy the game?
I died very early and haven't really paid much attention to it later, but I liked what small part I could play.
I liked the roles in relation to the characters, fun and very interesting.
My early death. @Max1996 I guess you should have chosen me N1, you were unsure on who to choose but mentioned me as a good option.
Of course!

I noticed that the Day after my death, and partially the day after, there was this hot topic about me and who I contacted. To clear things up, I contacted every single one of you. I got some claims (Town Rolecop, Restless Spirit and Doctor are the ones I remember). I think the mafia had the idea that I would get lots of info and threfore killed me.

Naomi! What is wrong with you?!

frequently throughout the game, I was wary...it all started when cheff went and got himself lynched the very first day, and escalated when people started casting suspicion on ghost and ky....but it wasn't until day five that I realized we were, without a shadow of a doubt, completely and utterly fucked. Wolfowl's tricks, among other things, gave me short spurts of optimism along the way, but I shouldn't have been so easily deceived...in my defense, I was skeptical of her day four shenanigans, and correctly guessed it might have been some sort of reaction test.

this was my first time really playing mafia in quite a while, hunter x hunter mafia was really short lived and I was stuck with an aggravating indep role. I hope people think I did a decent enough job prior to my falling prey to that stupid cop check

Did you enjoy the game?

sure, sure...

was fine I guess but who am I to judge

idk

maybe

I'm really sorry. I protected myself back then.
yeah you should have protected him, then my strongman kill wouldn't have been wasted

Last edited:
Congrats town! Thanks to all of the hosts for a great game. It was really nice.

Did you enjoy the game?

Definitely.
I thought both sides were quite strong, but balanced. A little swingy though with the poisoners and... destruction starter :p :)
Probably the backup poisoner role on Lusamine. I think other roles might have suited it more.
Definitely :)

I thought both sides were quite strong, but balanced. A little swingy though with the poisoners and... destruction starter
It was intended, part of the balance theme. Unlike the previous TWR staff event, Holiday Mafia, this game was structured differently.
As promised, I'll elaborate soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom