• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon Sun & Moon Postgame Mafia - Endgame: Sunset - 6/6/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I agree that it's a scummy thing to do, it's by no means out of Max's playstyle. I don't want to defend them all the time by saying that, but I'd say this isn't really alignment indicative.

Whilst I agree that it's a scummy thing to do, it's by no means out of Max's playstyle. I don't want to defend them all the time by saying that, but I'd say this isn't really alignment indicative.
I don't like to rely on meta arguments unless I have to. If I see scumminess I call it out.

It's also the best there is to work with at this point.
Vote Max1996

Unvote: The unlucky person I voted for
Vote: Max1996

I don't like to rely on meta arguments unless I have to. If I see scumminess I call it out.

Whilst it is scummy, and it is all we have now, and I do expect a couple of votes on them, I do not expect a large BW to form for a general thing Max does.

Can I respectfully request people take the time to write the name of the person they're unvoting? It's tedious having to keep checking on that. Thank you!

Oh, screw it, imma softclaim.

The fragile child, who runs in fright.
The emotionless wall with no urge to fight.
Peace and trouble, courage and fright,
All as different as dark and light.

shoit, used 'fright' twice

ah well

Not entirely sure why you decided to claim...

unvote: mido

Mind you, it can differ, depending on where you do so.

As for softclaiming, if you want to do it, go right ahead.
This is Maxs so called pushing. Derp was the one teasing a claim, all Max said was that if he wants then he can do it. I see nothing scummy about this. It's just telling him to go ahead if he wants to. Derps posts strike me as scummier the "oh I want to claim" and the fact he turned this into something it wasn't. And his claim was a poem that just naturally makes players more curious. Derp seems to be straight up baiting people to do something scummy.

Whilst it is scummy, and it is all we have now, and I do expect a couple of votes on them, I do not expect a large BW to form for a general thing Max does.
I have my reasons for voting. Whether a bandwagon forms is another matter by itself.

I don't see a problem wth what Max did. Derp asked if he should softclaim and Max responed that it was all up to him if he really wanted to, but did give a warning on doing this early.
I find the fact that he already softcaimed kind of strange. On one hand doing it early on looks Towny, but on the other hand it can only attract more attention and there is no need to do it right now.
@Max1996 the same can be said for you, you could do it but I'd advice against it for now. Give it a bit more time, defend yourself against the votes on you if you can.

I guess there's a reason why it's called a soft-claim. Claiming openly that a soft claim is being made defeats the purpose of soft claiming and attracts unnecessary attention which might be a scum tactic.

As stated above what Max did really doesn't look bad at all. It wasn't encouraging, it just looked like "Do it if you want, I won't stop you." That's not encouragement, that's not caring if he does.
I guess there's a reason why it's called a soft-claim. Claiming openly that a soft claim is being made defeats the purpose of soft claiming and attracts unnecessary attention which might be a scum tactic.
This is a decent point, isn't the point of a softclaim that its supposed to be subtle? Pointing out that you're about to make one and then putting it into an obscure poem like that just feels like actively withholding some of your information from us. That said.

The fragile child, who runs in fright.
The emotionless wall with no urge to fight.
Peace and trouble, courage and fright,
All as different as dark and light.
"The fragile child" instantly calls to mind Lillie, but that doesn't feel right since she's not a part of the Postgame.
Emotionless makes me think of the Protag, but again, unlikely based on the rest of the poem.
I actually have no idea what this could mean, and I've played through everything the postgame has to offer (to my knowledge).

Enough of the jokevote I made earlier.

Unvote: Doctor Floptopus

@Ereshkigal, I'm still waiting for your explanation of voting me. Your vote has no explanation behind it and strikes me as sheeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom