• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon - The second Generation.

SUP3RN0VA

DR4G0N K1NG
Reaction score
Over 80 Pokémon from Generation II will be added to Pokémon GO later this week. Discuss.

That was a pretty nice surprise. I especially like the new berries that they're going to add in. It should hopefully make it easier to capture the Pokemon, as well as collecting more candy from them. The latter should be quite helpful when trying to evolve the starters. I hope that they'll include some new incubators, if only because I'm still not sure if I'd want to use regular ones on the five kilometer eggs again. I may just try to hatch the rest of the eggs I have just so I can potentially get more Johto Pokemon eggs, as I suspect that they'd be included with the eggs as well.

It was going to happen sooner or later, in fact I was expecting it a bit sooner. I've already started gathering Candies on all the Gen 1 species that have a Gen 2 evolution although I think the only one I'll be able to get right away is Crobat.

What I like the most is the Pinap Berry, double Candy out of catches can be really good. I think Nanab is less useful than Razz, at least for me (and assuming they don't stack) but that remains to be seen.

I could see the Nanab berry being useful. There are plenty of times where I throw a Pokeball right before a Pokemon jumps and I miss it. If it can make their movement slower so that people can have a better chance of landing the Pokeball on them, then it could be pretty handy.

With all the new items, hopefully they'll give everyone an increase for the bag storage. The berries should help to make collecting candies much less tedious. It's because of this current event that I was able to get so much Charmander candy whenever I caught one and if that could happen with any Pokemon with the use of that berry, then it would make it easier to collect candy.

They mentioned evolution items, but I wonder if that would include something for friendship based evolutions. I have more than enough candies to get a Crobat, Espeon and Umbreon, but I wonder if they'd include something to help make that evolution method different, especially for Eevee.

They mentioned evolution items, but I wonder if that would include something for friendship based evolutions. I have more than enough candies to get a Crobat, Espeon and Umbreon, but I wonder if they'd include something to help make that evolution method different, especially for Eevee.
Maybe they would add ability for Pokemon to hold items?
I hated how Eevee evolved in Pokemon Go, especially since that now you can't control how you evolve them since Niantic got rid of the Eevee brother easter egg

I am hoping they implement a similar feature in order to allow us to select which Eeveelution we want if we don't already have one, however, i have been saving up quite a few 600+ CP Eevee along with candy just in case I need to randomly search for Espeon and Umbreon randomly.

The nanab berry should be useful, as it was mentioned that along with the update, Pokémon will start to 'move' differently. I'm guessing some Pokémon will have increased movements of annoyance that the nanab berry will help to settle down. The Pinap berry will be very useful, before the event that increased starter encounter rates, I wasn't even close to having enough candy for a Charizard. After the event, I was fortunate enough to save up enough to evolve Charmander twice.

In regards to Gen I Pokémon evolving into Gen II Pokémon, while it is possible we still need berries, it should be noted that evolution items will be obtainable items once the update is initiated. We'll obtain these items from Pokestops of course. it is likely the evolution items will be the items needed to evolve the Gen I Pokémon into Gen II Pokémon, so we should be seeing items such as metal coats and Dragon Scales to evolve Pokémon like Scyther and Seadra.

Personally, I am fine with how long they waited until Gen II. I am now at a point where I have almost completed the Pokédex. I am missing Dragonite, Alakazam and Machamp. I already have enough candy for the former two, and am currently working on obtaining enough candy for the latter. After that, I'll just be missing Mr. Mime and Farfeth'd (I've already captured Kangaskhan and Tauros).

I hated how Eevee evolved in Pokemon Go, especially since that now you can't control how you evolve them since Niantic got rid of the Eevee brother easter egg

They never removed that feature. It is simply something that everyone can utilise just the once, in order to help complete the Pokédex. After you obtain an Eeveelution, you cannot guarantee another one. After you obtain all three, it will always be random.

Last edited:

It's possible that they could hold the items, although that sounds more useful for battling than for getting them to evolve. I imagine that the evolution items would work similar to how they do in the main series games were you just select them and the appropriate Pokemon.

It is simply something that everyone can utilise just the once, in order to help complete the Pokédex. After you obtain an Eeveelution, you cannot guarantee another one. After you obtain all three, it will always be random.

Oh, that would explain why that didn't work when I tried to evolve more Eevee later on. I had already gotten all three, it was random, so I was kind of confused as to why that was the case. I have a ton of Eevee candy since I wanted to make sure I had enough for whatever I needed to do for an Espeon and Umbreon.

Oh, that would explain why that didn't work when I tried to evolve more Eevee later on. I had already gotten all three, it was random, so I was kind of confused as to why that was the case. I have a ton of Eevee candy since I wanted to make sure I had enough for whatever I needed to do for an Espeon and Umbreon.

I'm almost certain that Espeon and Umbreon will evolve from Eevee the same way as Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon do, so it is wise to save up as much candy as possible. That is what I have been doing, and I've been saving up as many 600+ CP Eevee to evolve as well, to increase my chances of two of those Eevee evolving into Espeon and Umbreon.

I'm looking forward to this. Gen1 on its own was pretty limiting, and even though I like Jigglypuff it was a bit sickening to see them spamming the whole place.

First goal: collecting the Johto Starters

Has anyone here completed the Gen I dex (not including region exclusive Pokémon)?

They never removed that feature. It is simply something that everyone can utilise just the once, in order to help complete the Pokédex. After you obtain an Eeveelution, you cannot guarantee another one. After you obtain all three, it will always be random.
Ah k makes total sense. They probably should say that on CP calculators, which are anyways usually off

I'm almost certain that Espeon and Umbreon will evolve from Eevee the same way as Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon do, so it is wise to save up as much candy as possible. That is what I have been doing, and I've been saving up as many 600+ CP Eevee to evolve as well, to increase my chances of two of those Eevee evolving into Espeon and Umbreon.

That would be disappointing, but not at all surprising. As long as I can get at least both of them once through some method, that wouldn't be too bad I guess.

Has anyone here completed the Gen I dex (not including region exclusive Pokémon)?

I'm pretty close. All I need are Charizard, Wartortle, Blastoise, Lapras and Gyarados to complete it. Although, that does remind me that I hope that they'll do something with the region exclusive Pokemon. Maybe having some event where they're more common everywhere for a certain amount of time. They also should have something for the Legendary Pokemon, but maybe they want to wait until after more Johto Pokemon are added and can make a big event with both sets of Legendary Pokemon.

Just need Muk and Lapras so I can probably give up on ever finding a Lapras.

And I have been saving Eevee candy, as well, to prepare for the Umbreon/Espeon roulette. Have over 1200.

I finished it on sunday with Chansey only missing the region-exclusives and legendaries. Perfect timing, one might say.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom