• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Tournament Ultimate Masters: You think you're the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaïr Ibn La' Ahad

YugiMoto-Quote-Reikokuna
Reaction score
THIS IS A WI-FI TOURNAMENT! IF YOU DO NOT HAVE WI-FI, THEN YOU CANNOT ENTER!
PRIZES!The winner will get one legit Deoxys Lv.100 holding a Master Ball
Consolation Prizes:
For participating, you will each get a EXP SHARE being held by a 4th Gen.Pokemon(Kanto/Johto)
Pokemon Banned:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys normal form, Deoxys Speed form,Deoxys Defense form, Deoxys Attack form, Any other Rotom form, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin/Sky Forme,and Arceus.
Item Bans:
ANY ITEM THAT IS BANNED IN THE BATTLE FRONTIER ARE BANNED IN THIS TOURNAMENT.
Basic Clauses:
1. You can't have 2 of the same pokemon
2. You can't have 2 Pokemon holding the same item.
3. Run/Surredering IS allowed, countdwe as loss if any rules are disobeyed.
YOU HAVE 15-16 DAYS TO ENTER! TO REGISTER, USE THIS FORM
FC:
Game Name:
Forum Name:

To determine the outcome of the battle, the player MUST record the battle using the VS recorder and upload to GTS, then give me the Video number so i can view it.

Contestants:
Speedy Sceptile

Last edited:
So this is a 4th Gen tournament? I am assuming that because the 5th gen Ubers aren't on the banlist, but you should at least mention that somewhere in your post. I would recommend cleaning up this post and addressing the following:

-It's spelled "Ultimate"
-What items are banned in the battle frontier? I don't know the list off the top of my head, why make us look it up?
-Why would you require battle videos? I don't think Diamond and Pearl even have the vs. Recorder (correct me if I am wrong). I'm pretty sure the two players can agree on who won the battle.
-Why are you using the Pokemon ban list you have chosen? You are allowing Garchomp and Latias, but banning Shaymin? From a 'which Pokemon is actually more broken' perspective that doesn't make much sense. Shaymin is reasonably cute and useful, but certainly not 'uber' in any sense.
-Why use the item clause? I can't see any benefit of it.
-Are you instating the other standard clauses, e.g. Sleep Clause?

-Why are you using the Pokemon ban list you have chosen? You are allowing Garchomp and Latias, but banning Shaymin? From a 'which Pokemon is actually more broken' perspective that doesn't make much sense. Shaymin is reasonably cute and useful, but certainly not 'uber' in any sense.

Following on from this, I'm intrigued to know why Rotom is banned in the tournament (since you seem to be following the "ban all legendaries" route and Rotom is not a legendary and is certainly not overpowered).

Following on from this, I'm intrigued to know why Rotom is banned in the tournament (since you seem to be following the "ban all legendaries" route and Rotom is not a legendary and is certainly not overpowered).

Right, but with the right training, it can be pretty powerful
-
No, this is 5th Gen. I banned most 1-4th Gen legends.

This is in Generation V? If it is, well... I can join, but I don't have a good team yet... I have planned it, but I haven't gotten the Pokemon for the team.
Could I register, but do the tournament later? Because I don't have a WiFi connection yet (My Wireless Router is being fixed, should be working in 2 weeks) and I wouldn't be very active around June-July.

FC: 3739 9188 2850
Game Name: Jason
Forum Name: Speedy Sceptile

So this is 5th gen, but you aren't banning Reshiram or Zekrom? Seriously?

Troggy, we don't have rules on how they wish to restrict pokemon, but when the tournament has few people, they kinda learn it themselves.

This is in Generation V? If it is, well... I can join, but I don't have a good team yet... I have planned it, but I haven't gotten the Pokemon for the team.
Could I register, but do the tournament later? Because I don't have a WiFi connection yet (My Wireless Router is being fixed, should be working in 2 weeks) and I wouldn't be very active around June-July.

FC: 3739 9188 2850
Game Name: Jason
Forum Name: Speedy Sceptile
Registered

Troggy, we don't have rules on how they wish to restrict pokemon, but when the tournament has few people, they kinda learn it themselves.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say that this tournament must conform with certain tiers, but it would be more enticing if the bans made some sense.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say that this tournament must conform with certain tiers, but it would be more enticing if the bans made some sense.

I'm aware, but it seems your statements likely won't change anything with the tournament runner's ban list.

I don't blame you, I think our rules might need some revising, but I don't want to derail this too much, so let's end this conversation.

I'll sign up!

FC: 4470 2297 3971
Game Name: Oracion
Forum Name: Zorua88

Thank you! -Zorua88
By the way, when is this battle comp.?

Last edited:
so we are allowed to enter even though we have generation 1-4 pokemon?
Sorry im not that familiar with the rules, this is all new to me >.>

@Quote

This tournament has been inactive for quite some time. In order to prevent any further confusion, I'm going to lock this thread now. Please contact me if you have any objections.

@Sui-kun

If you want to participate in a battling competition with other members, try joining the Wi-Fi ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom