• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Wii games in the future

absol_trainer

King of Catastrophe
Reaction score
Ok. we probably all know about Pokemon Ranch by now... And to be honest, it doesnt look very appealing to me.

Anyone have any ideas they would like to see for future Pokemon Wii games?

I was thinking Pokemon Ranger Wii. I really enjoyed Pokemon Ranger even if it was a spinoff. It was still a lot of fun and I think it would only get better on the Wii.

That sounds really fun! I was thinking of a pokemon adventure game (just like the ones for the handhelds) that is on Wii. It would be awesome to have a game like that on the full screen in all 3-d. And it would be cool if you could communicate and trade pokemon with your ds games too.

I would enjoy a Wii game that is the sequal to XD BUT you can catch wild pokemon and do the gym thing but you still have the shadow pokemon quest.

Pokemon Ranger would be a pain with the Wiimote. Constantly circling with the pointer at the screen for every Pokemon? That would get tiring fast.

Did the whole Ranger concept even do well? How do we even know that concept will make a return? Seems to me most people bought Ranger just for Manaphy.

There should be a Hey You Pikachu seqeul for the Wii and a Snap game where you have to take pics of all 498 Pokemon !

Give me a 3D Pokemon RPG any day! Very much similar to the hand held games, just in 3D and more interactive. It will never happen though, unless Nintendo release another Gale Of Darkness on us, which IMO was not a good game.

Give me a 3D Pokemon RPG any day! Very much similar to the hand held games, just in 3D and more interactive. It will never happen though, unless Nintendo release another Gale Of Darkness on us, which IMO was not a good game.

That would be sweet. I agree about Gale of Darkness.

x2

I was thinking Pokemon Ranger Wii. I really enjoyed Pokemon Ranger even if it was a spinoff. It was still a lot of fun and I think it would only get better on the Wii.
The only drawback would be it not being portable. Other than that, that game could give me some seriously good wiimote practice.

Did the whole Ranger concept even do well? How do we even know that concept will make a return? Seems to me most people bought Ranger just for Manaphy.
Well all my friends loved the Pokemon Ranger game for it's new concept. IMO, using your hands in a Pokemon game is much funner than just selecting some old moves. You could do that on any old gameboy thingie. Boooring....
I freggin loved Pokemon Ranger. Alas my game broke ;_; and right when I had just beat the boss.
I'm so gonna buy a new one and do it over again. So many memories and nostalgic songs.

It'd be cool if we got Pokemon Miis to play in the WiiSports. I'd love to see a Buoysel doing tennis or baseball.

No I'd love to see forms of anime characters, and do the things like you said, after all the Mii's are computer-generated humans

No I'd love to see forms of anime characters, and do the things like you said, after all the Mii's are computer-generated humans
That would be even better.
but come to think of it, my current Shinji Mii looks almost perfectly like him. All he needs is purple hair and it's completed. But they dont have good hairdos for the Pokemon characters.

The only one of the main cast that seems perfect is Brock. That's so easy.

I hate, hate, hate Pokemon Ranger! The game was a pain, and was put together rather sloppy. (Which is really only apparent at the end of the game)

That said, I'd love a ranger game, but it's got to change the formula. The circling would be tiring, especially in 3D. I would change it to be more like a fishing or beyblade style game.

First things first though, I would get rid of Fiore. (Well, not really get rid of) It would take place in a new area, a national park or pokemon wildlife reserve. You play a pokemon ranger in charge of monitoring the wildlife. You're an updated Pokemon Ranger, though, and you can arrest people with your capture stylus. (Makes handcuffs on the people's hands or legs) No more of that letting people go to do the same thing over again until they get bored. (Yeah, unlike the regular pokemon Team Gogo probably only had 20 people in it)

You're going to need that new ability also because Pokemon Rare Hunters have come (maybe J can be a cameo boss) in search of rare Pokemon. Your park is also known for rare Pokemon as legend has it you can find a shayman there. (Or celebi, or mew, I just figured that fit the most) So you have to disarm your opponent by destroying their machines and/or freeing their Pokemon, and then you aim your capture stylus (aka Wiimote) at them and fire before they get away, binding their feet. (Then you can approach them and arrest them)

To free and capture pokemon now, you use your capture stylus similar to the Anime Special. You spin the wand over your head to charge it and you fling your arm forwards towards the pokemon. (The ring forms automatically around it) It's probably more similar to a rodeo mini-game now. While the top circles the pokemon your move the pointer to point along the side. The new capture barrier prevents a pokemon from breaking the bind while the top automatically circles the pokemon. The top speeds up over time, reducing the count, until the capture is made. At any time you can press the - button (or the C-button) to bring up the Pokemon use menu. The pokemon you already captured with the styler pop out on command and do their moves to stall the pokemon by effecting the top or the barrier. Note that the styler command is issued in use when you hold the B button, so you have to hold it to turn on capture mode.

New features to the series also adds a friendship meter. As you capture and aid pokemon as a ranger their friendship meter goes up. If their friendship meeter is at a maximum, then the pokemon will offer to join you and will aid you without being captured whenever you enter it's territory and you can give it a name (It won't be released until after you release it or you go to town/ ranger station) I said aid, because now as a role of the ranger, you have even more responsibilities to uphold. You can get tasks from your radio that tells you where/if a pokemon is in danger. You have to use you're partner pokemon or captured pokemon to help save wild monsters or people from natural disasters, accidents, and pokemon hunters. Sometimes it requires you to use items, berries, food, medicine, or bandages on them, needing you to go through a micro game in being a pokemon doctor. (in case of medical conditions)

The game bosses would each vary and the game would run real time with the internal clock. Some radio missions only occur at certain times of night due to pokemon poping-up, but are randomly generated anyways. Boss bounties, or missions recieved from the ranger base that advance the story for the most part can be done at anytime. (Some side minibosses only appear at certain times, however). Bosses can also be varied in a similar wacky fashion as team rocket in the anime. Their tools can range from capturing trucks to giant mechs. Some earily bosses may only use captured pokemon. The Rare hunters are using an early dark ball to capture and steal pokemon ( Colosseum foreshadowing). It gives them more immense power, but because they are captured against their will it is unstable, the bonds created from the capture stylus can break this, but the pokemon must be calmed down first (in which it can be done by using your partner to wear down the opponent in it's form of battle. Also note, any named pokemon can be called out at anytime in battle as long as it is with you, to aid you and your partner). Also machines and techs used by the grunts and bosses are all nature themed wither they create forest fires or just do mas poaching. Be careful not to let your life bar drop down otherwise you faint. Use the D-pad or control stick to move around and the A button to jump or dive out the way.

There also would be more features with your partner pokemon. You now would be able to get the ability to choose from several partner pokemon at the beginning. You can choose between Growlith, Electrike, Treeko, Chimchar, Squrtle, Aipom, Cyndaquil, and Buneary at the start, then unlock other monsters later through purchase a ranger catalog or by giving a friend pokemon a ranger badge. (appointing them as a level 1 partner pokemon). You can have two pokemon at your ranger station, but can hold 50 on standby (maybe more later, but that seems more than enough) at the ranger headquarters in Fiore. Each partner can learn different abilities to help you in and out of battle.

At the ranger station you can design it with items and tools, (similar to the room design in the GB series) and also train your 3 partner pokemon. (In a style similar to Nintendogs) Each move the pokemon learns can be leveled up (similar to fire emblem) increasing the ability and effect of the move. Pokemon may not learn all the moves from the game, but each (family) can learn 10 moves committing 5 to memory. You can use the new Wii headset to issue commands to partner pokemon (similar to Nintendogs) and talk to your partner pokemon. Playing and training partner pokemon increases their friendship meter, and keeping their friendship meter high increases their accuracy, and understanding while letting them increase their ranger level faster. (Ranger level is similar to pokemon level) Partner pokemon can also evolve (with proper conditions and/or items. Note: ranger level must be 20 to evlove. Pokemon level reverts back to one after evolution Friendship also needs to be near full)

There are also other minigames you must do. You can monitor pollution in air and water with tools and organize hiking paths for tourist (to help make sure park is clean) by drawing on the map in the base. (takes a day to build, however) You also get a camera and can take and sell pictures a la pokemon snap without rails. You also can make a copy with your scrapbook and trade with friends online, or move to the SD card. You also can enter ranger competitions online and offline, much like the skill test mode in Nintendogs, you can choose to start a tournament or single battle in obstacle course race mode (racing against time, similar to nintendogs), capture challenge mode, and capture rescue mode (In a randomly generated map you and a player/ group of players race to capture and rescue a Pokemon(s) hidden some were on the map filled with obstacles and traps) Finally, you also get ranger vehicles to help you go through the rough terrain like a 4x4 jeep, a scooter, a boat, hovercraft, and helicopter. You also get tools for mountain climbing/spelunking, and scuba diving. Each mode/vehicle controls differently with the remote controller.

The game would use either the nunchuck or the wiimote alone. 1-4 players simultaneously, 1-16 online. And would be about a 12 hour single player action rpg adventure supporting 480p and 16x9. The graphics would be around Wii level with many rendered plants and wildlife.

I always have monstrously long pokemon ideas. I have others now too, but I figure one is enough with a post this long. Besides, this would be the main thing I'd want... maybe outside one even longer idea.

i just want a proper 3d update to the games, with proper voices for the pokemon... l

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom