• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POSSIBLE ERROR ON PINSIR'S DATA

Neledithil

Pokémon Trainer
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new around here, but I've been consulting Bulbapedia for several years. A month ago I bought Pokémon Moon and I'm still trying to fill my Pokédex. A few days ago, I was trying to catch a Pinsir, and I went to the areas marked on the pokedex. In real life it was at night, so in game's time was at daylight. After 3 hours of searching I didn't find the Pokemon, so I decided to turn the console and go to sleep.

The morning after, I checked out Bulbapedia to see if o was missing something, but it says that Pinsir can be found on the same percentage on either day o night. I tried again on the same area, and I found Pinsir at the third attempt. I caught it and kept on searching and I found at least three more. I went to the other area where the pokedex show that Pinsir may appear, end I found a couple more.

This leads me to think that the entrance about Pinsir in Bulbapedia may be wrong about when you can find Pinsir on Pokemon Sun and Moon. Can you people correct it?? Can anyone else test my theory?? Is there anyway I can correct it myself???

Thank you.

Have you tried looking for Pinsir at night (real time) again to confirm? You can never rule out if the RNG just decides to hate you sometimes. For example, one time I was searching for a female Cyndaquil using Island Scan; I was leading with a female Cute Charm Pokemon, so I should have had a 1-in-3 chance of encountering a female Cyndaquil (still better than 1-in-8) but after thirty minutes' worth of encounters I hadn't found a single one.

Remember that when you look up a Pokemon in the Alola Pokedex, if the encounter is day/night exclusive then there will be a sun or moon icon next to each of its locations.

In the in-game Pokédex, there's no Sun or Moon icon next to its locations, so it should be available at all times. If the info is wrong, then it's the game itself which has made a mistake, which I doubt.

Remember that a 10% encounter rate is still very low and therefore it's definitely possible you didn't find one even after a long time. Also, in Lush Jungle it's only available in the North area, did you maybe only search in the other areas?

The thing is 10% doesn't mean that 1o encounters out of 100 are going to be Pinsir. Each encounter is independent.
Fun fact: For any 1-in-x probability, the chance of performing x tries and failing all of them is roughly 38%, or 1/e.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom