• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Potential Christmas event?

L-05308

Reaction score
With the fantastic candy-grab Halloween event over (And now that I am guarded by a pack of Gengar), my thoughts turn to Christmas and what kind of bonuses we could be in for over the holidays.

Would we just get the same Candy multipliers, or somethi ng to do with Experiance or Stardust?

Which Pokemon, if any, would appear more often?

Might Delibird or Stantler show up? Or even a whole Generation's worth of Pokemon, Gen II or Gen VII?

I'm kind of hoping that they have a Thanksgiving event honestly, if only because that would be closer. I don't think that they'd throw in any second generation Pokemon anytime soon. They still have difficulties with just getting one generation out, so I don't think that they're ready for that.

I'd be fine with the same candy multipliers. There aren't too many first generation Pokemon that would really work with the Christmas season, but just making each capture and hatching result in more candy, experience and stardust would be good. Maybe making it more likely to either find other region Pokemon where you live or at least being more likely to hatch them would be nice too. Those Pokemon are quite rare, so getting them would be a nice Christmas treat.

I feel like there may be double daily rewards during the holiday season, as well as surplus candy, etc. Maybe they will add trading?

Well, since we got a Thanksgiving event, we'll most likely get something for around December. I just hope it can be something that increase the amount of candies we can get. Double stardust and experience is cool too, especially when you use the Lucky Egg to evolve a lot of Pokemon, but I don't find that to be as useful as getting more candy. The increase in candy was one reason why I was able to evolve a few Pokemon that would have otherwise taken me quite a bit of time walking to get the amount of candy. Something akin to that would be nice.

I wouldn't complain to waking up December 25th to find a new incubator with a 10k egg in it. XD I am a fan of the stardust though, whatever they do I'm excited. Although it has to be worth something because it is cold and snowy here already and will be more so the closer to Christmas we get.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom