• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Predictions For New Megas?

Juliyet

Formerly "Sheeer" | pfp by KTG | Sig art by Okido
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
With the tease of mega evolutions right at the end of the the trailer, there's a real good chance we'll see new megas. What are ones you're expecting to see? Bring em up here.

Decided to spitball a couple I can totally see happening. Tried to go for a mix of gens and types.

• Dragonite - The one pre gen 7 pseudo that has yet to get a mega, regional, or paradox. If they give any pseudo a mega, I think it'll be them.
  • Azumaril - Idk, it's just a pretty iconic line and feels like one that could easily get a mega.
  • Flygon - Been basically requested for eons now. We know one was planned but scrapped, and it does feel like it'l finally be time
  • Sigilyph - Gen 5 famously only has one mega in Audino, so I'm sure we'll see more. This is one I think they could have a lot of fun with
  • Golurk - pretty popular mon, and one I'm sure is easy to think up a mega for.
  • Talonflame - Basically a similar case to Aegislash. Iconic gen 6 mon, and even had a big focus in the trailer.
  • Pyroar - I think they'll be prioritized for their gender differences with each gender getting a different mega. Alternatively this spot could go to Meowstic, but Pyroar had a more notable presence in the trailer, and I'd rather not be too biased.
  • Gogoat - For a more dark horse gen 6 pick, I feel Gogoat may get something. You need to have a couple surprising choices here.
  • Aegislash - I expect a few gen 6 megas given it's now back in the spotlight, and Aegislash is one of the more popular ones that I feel will be given priority in that regard
  • Dedenne - one of the more popular pika clones and with gen 6 back in the spotlight, it feels prime for a mega treatment
  • Noivern - For one last non legendary gen 6 mega, Noivern is an extremely popular Pokemon that I could totally see get something.
  • Komala - Komala desperately needs something extra, so I'm curious if they'll give it a mega here.
  • Lurantis - Another dark horse pick. This mon has a decent following and it definitely feels like one that could be spiced up with a mega. Imagine if it actually actually gained the Bug type it's trying to mimic
  • Falinks - I'm genuinely surprised this never got a gigantimax form. And it's a pretty popular mon so i can easily see it getting the mega treatment here.
  • Tinkaton - A pretty iconic and still fresh Pokemon. I could totally see em making her hammer much bigger
  • Xerneas/Yveltal - Dialga and Palkia got new forms in Arceus, I'm expecting the same for these two im Z-A. I'm going to guess it'll be in the form of megas.

Last edited:
I'm more keen on the idea of potential regional forms since this is a new Legends game, but new Megas are certainly welcome since we need a lil' bit of variety instead of the over spammed broken/meta ones.

But there's something I agree on.

Mega Flygon or bust!

After all, Flygon got done dirty, it's a big chance for redemption!

• frankly i'm rather unsure of the odds of it receiving one but i firmly believe haxorus is one of the mon most deserving of a mega
  • froslass also, i'm going to be a little upset if she doesn't get one this time :/
  • in terms of the out-of-the-box picks, the most realistic ones i think would be... yes, gogoat makes sense for sure, but i'm honestly thinking klefki has a shot as well?
  • though i absolutely believe that the funniest surprise mega they could give us would be relicanth. i desperately want mega relicanth for this reason alone.
  • imo the safest picks would probably be the kalos starters. even if they're not the mon you can choose from at the beginning of the game, i feel like they could be handled a bit like the kanto trio in xy.
  • at least one pseudolegendary; dragonite feels like the most obvious one, but i'm pullin for hydreigon. though that's just me talking.
  • flygon, though it almost feels too obvious (i would love for it to be a bug/dragon type, which is even MORE obvious)
  • aegislash for sure :) on an unrelated note, has anyone seen my copium? i think i misplaced it

Maybe new megas for some of the Johto Pokémon available in XY (such as Skarmory, Crobat, Furret, Bellossom, Azumarill, Granbull, Miltank, Mantine, Octillery, Lanturn, Magcargo, Shuckle, Slowking, Quagsire, Ariados, Noctowl, Sudowoodo, Ursaring and Kingdra).

I’m going to take a shot in the dark and predict that some of the Mightiest Mark Tera Raid Battles, particularly for the Kalos starters, actually foreshadow new Megas for PLZA through move sets, rewards, and their Tera-type:
  • Mighty Chesnaught = Grass/Rock Mega Chesnaught (w/ Weak Armor should PLZA have abilities or the form appears in a future title) based on nutcrackers, except its nut armor literally cracks
  • Mighty Delphox = Fire/Fairy Mega Delphox (w/ Purifying Salt should PLZA have abilities or the form appears in a future title) based on exorcism
  • Unrivaled Greninja = Water/Poison Mega Greninja (w/ Toxic Debris should PLZA have abilities or the form appears in a future title) based on Poison Dart Frogs and how ninjas sometimes laced their weapons with poison
Is it likely? Too early to tell. However, this would be a pretty neat form of stealth-marketing!

Here is my predictions:

• Mega Jynx:There is data of a mega form of Jynx in Pokémon home
  • Mega Flygon:They can't ignore him this time
  • Mega Butterfree:To go along with Beedrill
  • Mega Dragonite:Give this boy some love
  • Mega Nidoking:Just becaue it's my favorite Pokémon and it would be crazy
  • Mega Charizard Z:Because it's Charizard
  • Mega Mewtwo Z: Because it's Mewtwo
  • Megas of gen 2-4 and 6 starters
  • Mega Granbull:This Pokémon need some love
  • Mega Ariados:Again this pokémon need some love
  • Mega Crawdaunt:This would compensate with mega Sharpedo
  • Mega Raichu: To compensate for Gorochu
  • Mega Staraptor: To rivalize with Pidgeot
  • Mega Yanmega:For the name only
  • Mega Zebstrika:Underappreciated pokémon
  • Mega Volcarona: Because this Pokémon is love by a lot of people
  • Mega Hydreigon:Because Pseudo needs it
  • Mega Pangoro:Just a cool pokémon
  • Mega Barbaracle:To give him some love
  • Mega Komala:This is a really lame pokémon, he need something
  • Mega Drampa:Would be funny
  • Mega Toxtricity:My favorite galar pokémon
  • Mega Dragapult: Again a Pseudo
  • Mega Lokix: One of the rare cool Pokémon from gen 9
  • Mega Ceruledge and Amarouge: If one gets something, the other one need something too.

I at least want them to give Mega's to evolutionary relatives that don't have one - since its kinda odd that Slowbro, Glalie, Diancie and Mewtwo have acces to Mega Evolution, while the Pokemon that share the same DNA essentially don't have them (Slowking, Froslass, Carbink and Mew).

While it would be nice to see counterparts of existing Mega's also get a Mega, they don't need to have it. Like, Butterfree already got acces to the Gigamax Feature, so it already got something. However, it cannot be ruled out either for Butterfree or Machamp, since the Gen 1 starters and Gengar also have acces to Gigamax and Mega at the same time and if we exclude as such Butterfree from this list, the same can technically be said about Mew too, because it has its exclusive Z-Move. At the same time, Golem is kinda hard to do, since if you give regular Golem a Mega, they also need to tackle Alolan Golem. It would be interesting how they are gonna tackle the Galarian Slowbro issue as well.

But for me personally, Gen 1 and Gen 3 don't need any more Mega's, since they currently have the most amount of Mega Pokemon available. Kanto having 13. Hoenn having 20 + 2 Primal Forms for Groudon and Kyogre, making the total 22. Johto currently has only 6 Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving, Sinnoh has 5 and both Kalos and Unova have one.

So first and foremost, i feel like we have to fill out Johto, Sinnoh and Unova with more Mega's and then include Mega's from later generation (Excluding gen 9).
Lets start with gen 2
Mega Noctowl - Psychic/Flying
Mega Sunflora - Grass/Fire
Mega Slowking - Water/Psychic
Mega Octillery - Water/Steel

Gen 4
Mega Staraptor - Fighting/Flying
Mega Luxray - Electric/Psychic
Yanmega - Bug/Dragon
Froslass - Ice/Ghost

Gen 5
Mega Zebstrika - Electric
Mega Krookodile - Dark (Loses the Ground typing)
Mega Swanna - Water/Fairy (With the Levitate ability, as a nod to it being Flying type in normal form)
Mega Golurk - Ground/Ghost
Mega Hydreigon - Dark/Dragon

Then for gen 6
Mega Delphox - Fire/Fighting
Mega Greninja - Water/Psychic
Mega Chesnaught - Grass/Dark
Mega Talonflame - Electric/Flying
Mega Heliolisk - Fire/Electric
Mega Tyrantrum - Dragon
Mega Aurorus - Ice
Mega Carbink - Rock/Fairy

And then also a Mega for potential starters we are getting in Legends ZA.

• Kanto: Gen 1 always gets something new no matter the gimmick and this time will not be the exception, out of the "untouched mons" I feel Golduck is the one with most room to grow. If not then maybe Dragonite will finally get something. The fossils could complement Mega Aerodactyl well and could get different types as well for variety. Golem could obtain lava and act as an homage of M-Gengar and Alakazam.
  • Jotho: Noctowl feels like it has room to grow and could take on many types. Sudowoodo feels like it's asking for a silly variant that embraces its Rock side more.
  • Hoenn: Shiftry and Claydol are Japanese culture-inspired creatures that should have gotten something in PLA, and the game not taking place in a non-Japanese region hasn't stopped them before (see Mega Mawile). And talking about her, Kecleon or Luvdisc could get her treatment.
  • Sinnoh: Luxray, Drifblim or Frosslass for fan-pleasing. Togekiss could be the "cute and fluffy" one like Audino and Ampharos. Magnezone could look like the cops of whatever period the game is set in.
  • Unova: Musharna could become more mystical. Whimsicott-see Togekiss above. Crustle could have a planet-shaped shell. Maractus gets the Mawile treatment. Reuniclus could grow a lot and really needs something, it's a crime it does not get many appearances outside the games. Chandelure, Exacdrill and Braviary for fan-service.
  • Kalos: The starters are a given. Talonflame could become completely black and reclaim the original version of Gale Wings. Pangoro could become a good guy and be pure Fight. Hawlucha for fanservice. Of the mythicals maybe Volcanion (which of course will be event-only and receive zero lore).
  • Alola: Toxapex as the defensive one. Golisopod becomes usable and looks more modern. Drampa becomes more active and juvenile and the Pokedex will say it looked like that in the old days.
  • Galar: Grapploct and Fallinks have a lot of room to grow. Stonjouner is inspired in Geosenge Town's stones and people will finally like it. Dragapult could have the Metagross treatment of having its elements reorganized in a cooler way. Greedent because they hate me.
  • Paldea: Huge Power Spidops, more Spiderman-like. Pawmot becomes quadruped and...that's it. Rabsca gets more pharaoh-like and gets Parental Bond. Tinkaton and Anhiliape for fanservice. Baxcallibur is almost a given, I even wonder if that's the reason why it looks relatively simple.
That's 46! I wonder how many I will get right.

Mega Charizard Z and A through W

JK but I think pyroar and the kalos starters are a good bet. I think heliolisk, noctowl, lycanroc and zangoose/seviper are also likely imo but I can't explain why because it's 3am

I'm Hoping that we get a Bug/Dragon type Mega Flygon;

Or Kalos Form Starter Pokemon that came from other regions; and those Kalos Form Starter Pokemon final Evolutions would ALSO Get New Megavolutions;

That's the One thing we have yet to combine; Regional Varients & Megavolutions

I'd Love to see a Kalos Form Pokemon get a Megavolution!!

Or See the standard Kalos Starters get Megavolutions[Seriously; Why didn't THEY get Megavolutions like the other Pokemon Did; Why did The Kanto Starters get Megavolutions; but the Kalos starters didn't?! Heck; The Galar Starters got Gigantamax forms; The Alola starters got Special Z-Crystals & Z-Moves for them; why can't Kalos Starters get Megavolutions?!

• Kanto: Gen 1 always gets something new no matter the gimmick and this time will not be the exception, out of the "untouched mons" I feel Golduck is the one with most room to grow.

Honestly; It never made sense why neither Psyduck nor Golduck were part Psychic-Type; Maybe we could get a Water/Psychic Mega Golduck; Since Why would a Water type Ducky have ESP, If it's NOT part Psychic type?!!

Why? I’m not bashing the type combo, but Delphox’s whole magic theming is the exact opposite of that type.
then why not make Mega Delphox a Fire/Dark Type; To represent Dark/Black Magic?! even If We already have a Fire Starter Final Evolution with a secondary Dark-type; It'd still fit the theme for a Vulpine Mage Pokemon to have DARK-type Special Attacks akin to Black Magic?!

Mega Delphox - Fire/Fighting
Mega Greninja - Water/Psychic
Mega Chesnaught - Grass/Dark

Why not have Mega-Delphox be a Fire/Dark type[To Represent Black Magic; Which is more Fitting for Delphox's Mage theme]
or Mega Greninja as a Water/Ghost type[I Got no reason other than Shadow Sneak being a Ghost-type Move]
or Mega-Chesnaught as a Grass/Steel Type Pokemon[To Go Heavier on the Knight theme]

I don't really see how regional forms can work, seeing as the game apparently takes place within Lumiose City.
DANG IT!

Last edited:
I remembered something I've been wondering for years.

In the Lumiose City Pokémon lab, there are many Pokémon paintings. All the Pokémon depicted on these pictures are from generation 5 :

• Petilil
  • Roggenrola and Gantle
  • Gothitelle
  • Audino
  • Snivy and Servine
  • Sewaddle
  • Sigilyph
  • Tepig
  • Yamask

Audino got a Mega in ORAS but the others didn't. These pictures could be meaningless but it's possible that the devs thought about giving these Pokémon Megas but ultimately changed their mind.
If that's the case then I hope some of them will get Megas in ZA.

Mega Heliolisk PLEASE! Game Freak could lean into the idea of "sun lizard" and, as an idea I thought up a minute or two ago, have its Mega form become more dragon-like and gain a bunch of dark-blue scales reminiscent of solar panels! Along with Solar Power becoming its main ability as opposed to its hidden ability. I just really like the Pokemon and want to see it get some love.

I remembered something I've been wondering for years.

In the Lumiose City Pokémon lab, there are many Pokémon paintings. All the Pokémon depicted on these pictures are from generation 5 :

• Petilil
  • Roggenrola and Gantle
  • Gothitelle
  • Audino
  • Snivy and Servine
  • Sewaddle
  • Sigilyph
  • Tepig
  • Yamask

Audino got a Mega in ORAS but the others didn't. These pictures could be meaningless but it's possible that the devs thought about giving these Pokémon Megas but ultimately changed their mind.
If that's the case then I hope some of them will get Megas in ZA.

Mega Leavanny... yes please.

Mega Leavanny... yes please.
Mega Leavanny would also be cool, if not just to make up for its 2(!) quadruple-weaknesses in Fire and Flying. Since it already has a higher physical attack stat, maybe the Mega could go further with that aspect, giving a good 40 or so base stat points to Attack and giving Leavanny a tree-like distaff to use as a weapon, as well as having leaf clothing more resembling a knight or monarch.

Although I think it is unlikely, seeing as a lot of Megas seemingly got handed out because of the popularity of the base Pokemon, Mega Leavanny would be a great choice in that it increases the diversity of which Pokemon get Megas (Audino’s the only Unova Pokemon to get one so far) and that it could up the potential of a Pokemon that isn’t usually seen as much of a threat (especially compared to other Unova bugs).

About the painting c la fet mentioned, though, that’s a lot of new Megas to give to one region! Especially with how the region count increased from 6 in 2013 to 9 in 2023, and that Legends Arceus did include Pokemon that debuted after Generation 4.

Mega Leavanny would also be cool, if not just to make up for its 2(!) quadruple-weaknesses in Fire and Flying. Since it already has a higher physical attack stat, maybe the Mega could go further with that aspect, giving a good 40 or so base stat points to Attack and giving Leavanny a tree-like distaff to use as a weapon, as well as having leaf clothing more resembling a knight or monarch.

Although I think it is unlikely, seeing as a lot of Megas seemingly got handed out because of the popularity of the base Pokemon, Mega Leavanny would be a great choice in that it increases the diversity of which Pokemon get Megas (Audino’s the only Unova Pokemon to get one so far) and that it could up the potential of a Pokemon that isn’t usually seen as much of a threat (especially compared to other Unova bugs).

About the painting c la fet mentioned, though, that’s a lot of new Megas to give to one region! Especially with how the region count increased from 6 in 2013 to 9 in 2023, and that Legends Arceus did include Pokemon that debuted after Generation 4.

Well yes... popularity certainly played a part in XY... in ORAS however, not so much anymore (Since if popularity played a part in ORAS, i doubt Camerupt, Sharpedo, Sableye, Altaria, Glalie and Audino would have gotten Mega's, especially since a popular mon like Milotic didn't get anything) and even then in XY there were some oddities taking into consideration popularity (Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Houndoom).

Back
Top Bottom