• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups PRP: U.N.O.V.A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OOC: Types and claimed cities below:

@Yun - Psychic, Dragon - Opelucid
@Flaze - Fire - Castelia
@Silent Winter - Ice, Iccuris
@Prez - Electric, Virbank
@Kana-chan - Dark, Undella
@Me - Fighting (Nimbasa), Flying (Aspertia)

IC:

It was rare for all of the Unovan gymleaders to be called to the league headquarters for a meeting. But called to the League they had been. It was cause for a celebration however. The past year had been one of the league's better years, but they were also welcoming a new gymleader into their ranks.

Aquila Moretti would never admit it, but she was a bit nervous. Even though she had passed all the tests and was going to become the new gym leader of Aspertia City, it was something that still hadn't sunk in quite yet. Growing up in the foothills near the small city, she'd always been somewhat of a rural girl. And travelling to the league had meant going to some of the biggest cities in the world, including Castelia and Nimbasa. It had been an eyeopening experience. She also looked forward to meeting her fellow gym leaders. Their names and experiences and skills were known to her, just like they were to everyone else in the region.

She was the first to arrive at the banquet hall, something that made her nervous. It was so big, the opulence was something she'd never seen before. Aquila knew that she was definitely going to have to get used to a lot of new things, and fast.

Max Forte was running late. As usual. The fighting gym leader who held court in Nimbasa had been working out when his phone had started blaring. He'd completely forgotten about the banquet and as such had to scramble to try and get there before he missed it. And missing the banquet was something he definitely didn't want to do given how good the food at those functions always was. After a quick shower, he'd rebooked a flight and he'd only be a few minutes behind schedule. He knew that he'd get scolded upon arrival, but that was just par for the course.

Noelle Kendall walked rather calmly to the league headquarters. She was never one to rush, all things considered. Still, she was interested to see whom this fresh meat was in their ranks. The wind was blowing, and she felt at ease. The League was prospering.

Nothing could break that calm.

Except for her suddenly being pushed out of the way.

"Move, I gotta be places!!" The Psychic-type gym leader Franco White yelled, having pushed past her. He was in a hurry to get to the headquarters like her.

The gesture made her eye twitch. "Fucker," she said under her breathe, dusting her suit off before walking toward the headquarters after Franco's retreating form.

Tetsuya Rin was never one for large meetings like this. The quiet gym leader of Undella, in fact, was often rather reserved and didn't leave the quaint beach town unless it were absolutely necessary. Rin herself had an athletic build, lean and moderately tall for her age. She had ashen-blonde hair tied back in a loose ponytail, her bangs hanging free, framing her youthful face quite nicely. The girl wore a purple and black raglan, paired with violet-red hued cargo shorts and white flats. The Dark-type gym leader's steel-gray irises roamed the premises for a minute or so, before the teenager leisurely entered the league's grounds.

Rin was never one for formalities or etiquette regarding timeliness, as always.

After all, it was just like her to be fashionably late to the party, wasn't it?

Noel had entered the area, rather nervous as to what would take place at the meeting. His Alolan Ninetales, Uno, stood by his side, helping calm the timid boy. He knew he would see his sister here, and wondered where she was.

"We'll try and find sis, soon," he spoke to the foreign Pokemon. It let out a soothing cry before walking alongside his master.

Noelle had come upon the grounds, following the others that were making their wa y in. She waved idly to some before spotting her brother. She was planning to approach quietly and scare him, but the Axew that was with her had other plans.

The tiny dragon ran forward, yelling to Noel. Then, it leapt forward to hug his leg.

"She's always so happy to see you," Noelle said, walking up to her younger brother. "That means you're not a degenerate, Dilly."

Franco was breathing hard when he stopped to collect himself. All that running left him not only winded but in a panic. He didn't even properly check the time.

When he saw Max, he beamed. "Max! Buddy! Am I late?!" He asked, walking up to the male.

Joulie Russo was asleep. Her short, dark brown hair appeared to be a huge Rattata's nest, just simply spewed all over her pillow. Makeup was smudged underneath her eyes. One of her arms was visible; a long sleeve of tattoos decorated it, as well as her hidden one. The rest of her bed was covered in a huge mess of blankets.

Running late was an understatement.

It was safe to say her nap went horribly wrong. Her Jolteon, Lee, quietly crept into her room. The small creature then leapt onto her bed, now pawing at the young woman's arm. She groaned.

"Please... not now," she murmured, waving the Pokemon away. Lee, however, did not move. She simply glanced at the woman and electrocuted her.

Aviur stood outside the meeting room at the pokemon league headquarters, hands pocketed inside of his red shirt as he looked up at the entrance, his dark skin contrasting with the pristine white of the walls. He tried to push himself forward, after all the tests and days of wondering if he'll be able to accomplish his goals he had finally become a gymleader, and of Castelia City no less. Of course, now he was starting to feel the pressure, not just from his eventual title but from what he had to leave behind, even if it was on purpose. He took a deep breath in an attempt to psych himself up, he wasn't getting anywhere by feeling nervous. The black haired young man nodded to himself before opening the door and walking it into the room.

Only to be shocked when he realized that what he had thought would be an imposing room filled with different powerful people was a mostly empty room with only one person who seemed as lost and nervous as he did. A part of him felt relieve at the fact that he wasn't the only one who didn't seem completely in his element, only before realizing that this meant he'll have to wait for the rest who were probably as imposing as he thought.

He walked into the room, glancing at Aquila and waving at her. "I guess we're the first ones here huh?" he said nervously, tyring ot gouge her reaction.

The Axew hugging his leg had caught Noel by surprise, but realized it belonged to his sister. He bent down to pet the small dragon. Uno had walked up to Noelle and wagged his tails with content.

"Just as much as Uno is happy to see you," the younger man smiled to his older sister. "How have you been lately?"

Aquila took a moment to realize that Aviur was speaking to her. Brushing her jet black hair aside, she smiled nervously in his direction. The fact that his name escaped her told her that he was one of the newer leaders, one that wasn't quite famous yet. This made her feel a little better. "I guess so. I'm Aquila." She introduced herself timidly. "They're making me a new leader today today." She explained quietly.

Max returned Franco's bright smile. "Franco man!" He clapped Franco on the back. "It's been too long! How are things?" Max's voice was booming and jovial. "And yeah we're a few minutes late but I don't think anyone else is even inside yet."

Joulie was off to a rough start. After seeing her life literally flash before her eyes, the young woman began to get ready. She hastily got changed into a light yellow skater dress and some tan pumps. Stumbling around the house, she also attempted to fix her makeup.

"I mean...." she said, reapplying some eyeliner. "Some of it's still there from yesterday. It works."

And it kind of did. Lee, however, only looked at her trainer in disbelief. Wow.

Reactions: Yun
"Oh, so we're on the same boat then?" Aviur said with a sigh of relief. "I was afraid I'll be the only new guy here," he pointed out with a smile before stretching his hand towards her. "I'm Aviur, new leader of Castelia, nice to meet you," he greeted her politely. "What type do you train?"

Rin joined Max and Franco not a minute later, moving at a leisurely pace. "Morning, Max, Franco." She nodded her head in greeting. "I believe the newbies are inside. Shall we?"

Aquila shook his hand, smiling much brighter now. Her dark brown eyes shimmered now that she wasn't nervous. "I train flying types. I'm from the mountains so it's a thing of pride for our town. We need the birds for mail and transportation up and down through the hills." She explained, clearly in her element now. "How about you Avuir?"

Max smiled at Rin's arrival. "Newbies? Oh right, there's two of them. I forgot. Castelia and... where again?" He looked at Franco, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"Aspertia." Rin answered for Franco, rolling her eyes slightly at Max's tendency to have a bad memory.

"Rin! How are ya?" He asked. "I wonder where the others were. I think I saw Noelle on the way here. Maybe. I dunno."

Noelle smiled, scratching behind Uno's ear. "I've been fine," she answered. "Busy. Lots of challengers, nobody winning. Same old."

With that, she began walking. "How about you?"

"Wait, what time is it?" Joulie frantically asked herself out loud, pacing around her apartment. She swiftly reached for her phone... and almost screamed. "Oh shit," she then swore. "The cocktail hour starts soon."

Running out of the apartment, with her Pokemon, some money, and a bit of makeup in tow, Joulie started the long trek from Virbank to the League.

Letting out her Jellicent, Joulie got onto the large Pokemon's back. "Let's go, Sweets!"

Last edited:
"Oh, it must be amazing to get to live on the mountains like that, I've actually never ridden a flying type before myself." Aviur pointed out as he listened to Aquila, the whole idea of the town having its own culture to compensate for where it was placed was really interesting to him, as opposed to Castelia which seemed more like just a mash up of different things. "I train fire types," he stated, sounding slightly proud. "It's kind of a family tradition, but I've always been interested on what fire types represent even if they're one of the more simple types if you ask me," he explained, his tone sounding methodical before he realized the sudden shift. He glanced at Aquila, his embarassment coming back. "Sorry...I kind, of went off on a tangent there."

"Same really," Noel commented as he picked up Axew and held her, "Is Felicia still challenging the gym?"

"Thriving off insanity, as usual." Rin replied casually. "Same old, same old. How about yourself?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom