• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia 2! Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls (1/4/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna quickly respond to two quotes before I read the rest.

W/V? I haven't heard that term before, but I'm going to assume you didn't mean weight per volume.

It's part of a set of terms I learned on MU that I've adapted and like to use when describing an interaction between two players.
w/w - the interaction feels wolf/wolf (aka mafia and mafia talking), or fake
w/v - the interaction feels wolf/town, like something is a little off but can't tell what
v/v - the interaction feels town/town. This one is typically for two players who get into a big argument, but nothing about it gives off a scum vibe.

Could you expand on this a little? All I can make out is you are assuming I am town without actually stating any reason.

I think that the things you have said with regards to others are not those that would come from a mafia. An example is your two posts on page 8. IMO I don't think a scum player would have defended someone who called out inactives, since inactivity is scum's best friend.

\o/ /o\

*bows*

Congrats man. Yours was a cool role.

I think that the things you have said with regards to others are not those that would come from a mafia. An example is your two posts on page 8. IMO I don't think a scum player would have defended someone who called out inactives, since inactivity is scum's best friend.

Fair enough.

Day 3: The Path Not Taken

Day 3: The Path Not Taken

Sitting in the semi-darkness of his office atop the Troll Tower, the figure sat back, thoughtfully, as he watched a televised recording of Enzap and Maniacal Engineer's release from the RM Hospital.
The figure twirled a flash drive on a string around his fingers a few times, before summoning another group of spambots.
Giving them orders, the horde dispersed into the Random Messages thread to complete its objective.
The figure stared at the flash drive for a few more moments, before putting it into a tiny safe locked away in a secure and discrete location.
"The test run last night was a success," the figure said, "let's see how our second trial run goes."
The figure turned toward his group of monitors, observing his spambot hordes' progress as the bots slunk through the thread, searching for their target.

Six Paths had just returned from a successful mission on behalf of his ninja clan's village. He was expecting to be greeted by a celebration and feast. Instead, he was met by a group of spambots who hacked his account, causing it to spew nonsensical advertisements at a rapid rate. Unfortunately, that path led to only one outcome.

Six Paths was banned.

Dear Elementar, you are Six Paths
86742.jpg

404: Mafia Games Not Found

Kazekage is your brother, so you are sure he's not a Troll. As a result, you are the Mason. You share an official QT where you can chat with <player> and both of you are confirmed Non-Trolls to each other.

You are allied with the Non-Trolls and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive

Having decided to make up for lost time due to their recent stay in the RM Hospital, both Enzap and ME were working late. As such, both were still in their offices when Kazekage came in, looking like he was on the verge of a panic.
The ninja leader walked over to Enzap's office and began an emotional outburst.
"S-s-six Paths is m-m-missing," he said, rather upset at his brother's disappearance.

Working in his office around the corner, ME heard the outcry, and stuck his head out.
"I'm sorry to hear that, Kazekage," Enzap remarked.
"Is there anything we can do to help?" asked ME.
"J-j-just find him," said Kazekage, "please."
"We'll do our best," said Enzap, reassuringly.

It is now Day 3. It will end in 48 hours, unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 11 players alive, 7 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

Last edited:
Ok, that sucks. So we know whoever's on the other end of that mason chat is confirmed town, we just don't know who they were... Damn.

This raises an interesting point though, the last NK was part of a neighbourhood too, makes me wonder whether they were connected and just how many there could be.

Well, I didn't see that coming.

Thanks to all the hosts for a great game! I can't wait to see how it players out.

Good luck town. And don't kill the other mason :p

I don't know, since that'd just make them prime scum targets. Granted we haven't had a Doc flip yet, so it's very likely one of those are in the game, so they could theoretically protect them.
Honestly at the moment I'd think it's really up to the mason. The game does allow for OC though, so they might be able to claim privately to someone they have a particularly strong town read.

I don't know, since that'd just make them prime scum targets. Granted we haven't had a Doc flip yet, so it's very likely one of those are in the game, so they could theoretically protect them.
Honestly at the moment I'd think it's really up to the mason. The game does allow for OC though, so they might be able to claim privately to someone they have a particularly strong town read.
Mind clarifying what you mean with "prime scum targets", as they're not a power role?

Anyway, in my opinion, it's probably for the best if the other mason doesn't claim.

Last edited:
Mind clarifying what you mean with "prime scum targets", as they're not a power role?

Anyway, in my opinion, it's probably for the best of the other mason doesn't claim.
It's someone the other Townies know they can trust, and NK-ing them would strip town of a trusted source they knew was on their side.
I'm just saying, if I was scum and had no leads on strong players or anything explicitly more powerful like a Cop or Doctor they'd be my next kill. But then again maybe I just make bad mafia.

It's someone the other Townies know they can trust, and NK-ing them would strip town of a trusted source they knew was on their side.
I'm just saying, if I was scum and had no leads on strong players or anything explicitly more powerful like a Cop or Doctor they'd be my next kill. But then again maybe I just make bad mafia.
So I see. Of course, that would make a mason a potential target for scum. Nice clarification, thanks.

Since role claiming is permitted in this game, would it be better for the other mason to claim it now?

Personally I think that the mason should claim. A mason without their partner is just a vanilla and essentially confirmed town. Although, since this is OC, it would be smarter for the mason to claim outside the thread.

Personally I think that the mason should claim. A mason without their partner is just a vanilla and essentially confirmed town. Although, since this is OC, it would be smarter for the mason to claim outside the thread.
Although, considering a Mason is Town and thus the uninformed majority, I don't think that person knows who they should claim to.

Oh good, more activity. I was just about to break the silence by bringing up something from day 2 that's been bothering me.

And on that note, I don't really think I agree with the reason you lot're voting jdthebud for at this point in time since, however flimsy his case may be, it still has some grounding in a foundation of logic that may be centuries old and wracked with liquidation, but still a foundation none-the-less and I'm going way to over the top with this annalogy so I'll stop now. In other words, if I notice anything else off about the bloke, then he's going to have another nail hammered in his coffin, but until then I shall keep my tools to myself. Yay more bad analodies.

Also, why do you think I'm trying to save buddy? Because, if you'll re-read my post, you'll notice that I... Wait... *Re-reads my post* ...Ah, I see where you got that from. Well, like I also said in that post, I mentioned that I'd happily vote for him at the drop of a hat, and it seems the above user dropped a hat, so vote for him I shall. VOTE: jdthebud. You happy now?

In the first post quoted, YT says that he doesn't really agree with voting jdthebud at that point and wanted to wait to notice more that was "off" about him. But when challenged by Eresh, he says that he was going to vote at "the drop of a hat" anyways and places the vote. It's as if YT was trying to avoid appearing bandwagony, but got defensive quickly when Ereshkigal expressed concern at his reason for not voting jd.

My top Town reads are Lone_Garurumon and Pika_Pika42. From everything I've read, their posts are constructive, rational, and have only the Non-Trolls' best interests in mind. Also, Pikochu challenged me, fairly, early on, and I like that, but I wanna see more from him before deciding for sure that he's really on our side.

Speaking of which...what are your top Town reads? I still really suck at making my own. Sorry for asking.
It doesn't matter if you suck or not at making reads, you should at least try. No set of reads will ever be perfect.

I already said Pikapika was my top town read, but I'm going to add Megapod to that as well. His thoughts have been concise and well thought-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom