• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia 2! Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls (1/4/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point to the potential scumminess of jd:
[Unvote] Max1996
[Vote] Pika_pika42

Where are you going to find this "different" or "strange" information?
From the post he'd quoted it was pretty obvious that pika was talking about posts that struck them as odd, yet jd leapt right onto their case as though they'd said something incriminating.

Honestly jd's actions so far aren't painting him in the best light.
Vote: jdthebud

Your reason itself negates your vote. If he were indeed Mafia, he would have killed an active player who would pose as a potential threat and would have let the inactive players be just as they are to maintain suspicion on them.

It seems the Mafia want to frame MegaPod and you are helping them with it.

I'm curious pika, it's this (one of) your first mafia game period? Or just (one of) your first on this site? I ask since that's actually some pretty good reasoning that I wouldn't expect of a newbie. If you truly are then I'm impressed.

I'm curious pika, it's this (one of) your first mafia game period? Or just (one of) your first on this site? I ask since that's actually some pretty good reasoning that I wouldn't expect of a newbie. If you truly are then I'm impressed.

Thanks Garu. Yes, this along with the other 2 are my very first Mafia games. Learnt a lil bit by observing all of u and some reading of the Mafia Wiki.

Glad that I could actually contribute something.

Your reason itself negates your vote. If he were indeed Mafia, he would have killed an active player who would pose as a potential threat and would have let the inactive players be just as they are to maintain suspicion on them.

It seems the Mafia want to frame MegaPod and you are helping them with it.

...Uh, while I agree with the first part of this post - the mafia probably isn't going to go after an inactive player with a nightkill unless they know said inactive player has a powerful role - the second part I don't necessarilly have an issue with, but I'd just like to present an alterative view on: while it is true that the mafia could indeed leave inactive players as they are and let other people grow suspicious, that plan might not actually work for some time assuming said inactivity isn't noticed by the players who are actually active, thus it might be a valid-if-short-sighted strategy for an impaitent mafioso to point them out to active townies. I mean it'll probably get them killed in the end, but that's besides the point.

And on that note, I don't really think I agree with the reason you lot're voting jdthebud for at this point in time since, however flimsy his case may be, it still has some grounding in a foundation of logic that may be centuries old and wracked with liquidation, but still a foundation none-the-less and I'm going way to over the top with this annalogy so I'll stop now. In other words, if I notice anything else off about the bloke, then he's going to have another nail hammered in his coffin, but until then I shall keep my tools to myself. Yay more bad analodies.

Also, this:

His reaction to my voting against him stands as evidence that he's not scum. He didn't try to cast further doubt on me or to provide a strong argument for not voting for him, but pointed out his reasoning for his vote as a way of showing my own vote really was not on solid ground. That strikes me as particularly not scummy.

If anything, I think he cleared himself of any suspicion in how he handled himself.
...But isn't him 'pointing out his reasoning' as a way of showing your vote wasn't very well thought-out pretty much the same as 'proviging a strong argument for not voting for him'? Could you please expmain to me what the difference between those two are as you perceive them, if you don't mind. That is all.

...But isn't him 'pointing out his reasoning' as a way of showing your vote wasn't very well thought-out pretty much the same as 'proviging a strong argument for not voting for him'? Could you please expmain to me what the difference between those two are as you perceive them, if you don't mind. That is all.

Where, in Max's reply to my vote for him, did he say I shouldn't vote for him? Where did he bother to make a strong argument at all?

Also, why are you trying so hard to save JD? Given both your reply to the idea of lunching JD and the comment I quote in this very post outright asking me to insult your intelligence, I'm leaning toward both of you being scummy. But we're already well on our way toward eliminating one.

Vote jdthebud

Where, in Max's reply to my vote for him, did he say I shouldn't vote for him? Where did he bother to make a strong argument at all?

Also, why are you trying so hard to save JD? Given both your reply to the idea of lunching JD and the comment I quote in this very post outright asking me to insult your intelligence, I'm leaning toward both of you being scummy. But we're already well on our way toward eliminating one.

Vote jdthebud
That's not what I asked, I didn't say anything about him saying about him saying that you shouldn't vote for him, what I asked was the difference between 'pointing out reasoning' and 'providing a strong argument' were in your mind, nothing more.

Also, why do you think I'm trying to save buddy? Because, if you'll re-read my post, you'll notice that I... Wait... *Re-reads my post* ...Ah, I see where you got that from. Well, like I also said in that post, I mentioned that I'd happily vote for him at the drop of a hat, and it seems the above user dropped a hat, so vote for him I shall. VOTE: jdthebud. You happy now?

...Well, @Ereshkigal, to quote myself from about thirty minutes ago:
You happy now?
Because I would like an answer instead of just waiting around here for eternity. It is, after all, a fairly simple question to answer, Eresh - I would think someone would be able to answer it within thirty minutes...

Last edited by a moderator:
...Oh, he saw that post and went offline shortly afterwards. Probably waiting for someone else to back up his most recent accusation or something since he can't think for himself. That or this is another attempt at the whole 'anger makes you stupid' thing he seemed to be trying to pull with his last post (as far as I can tell), in which case two can play that game. Treat people how you want to be treated and all that.

Actually, I was busy with an interview follow-up on the phone.

I am sorry that I left you feeling insulted. I didn't mean to.

Pretty much, this is why a lot of my posts tend to be heavily edited and why I use the wording style I do. Because when I state something simply, the risk of insult massively increases due to the terms I commonly use and the way they easily miscommunicate my intentions. This is part of why I do not seek employment in fields that are communication-heavy. I would be a disaster employee in one of those.

It's also why I tend to sometimes take some time to write a post, and why a simple idea can sometimes take a couple hours to write. Because I do have to work around a verbal tendency to be unintentionally rough with how I word things. Especially since verbal tone does not carry through text. I'm actually much less verbose in real life; most people I know think I'm quite shy because of how little I speak. My last boss simply called me "that shy, mousy girl" because I talked so little she never learned my name.

I probably should put a warning in a signature.

For my logic on Max: You're looking for depth that isn't there. There's nothing more to my logic than what I posted. You can search for more if you like, but you'll only find frustration if you try.

And now, I need to deal with the fact I've caused a disruption in the game and the necessary steps for remedying that.

Confirmed.
....But isn't him 'pointing out his reasoning' as a way of showing your vote wasn't very well thought-out pretty much the same as 'proviging a strong argument for not voting for him'? Could you please expmain to me what the difference between those two are as you perceive them, if you don't mind. That is all.

I think what that meant was that he successfully showed that the case on him had no grounds rather than leaping into arguments, however good, for being kept alive, which shows a townish mindset in that surviving wasn't his first and highest priority.
And now I'm going to decide if my slot's vote stays.

DAY 2 VOTE COUNT - MID

jdthebud VI (Pika_pika42, MegaPod12, Max1996, Lone_Garurumon, Hellcrow, Yours Truly)
MegaPod12 I (jdthebud)

Day 2 ends in 24 hours (-11 minutes) unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 13 players alive, 9 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

Alright, I'm going to put forth a vote.

[Vote] MegaPod12

They were the one who first focused on inactive players. For that reason, I think they could be scum.

I don't actually find this vote all that scummy, except by the fact it was written by jdthebud, who hails from a forum where D1 random lynches are pretty much a staple. I mean, MegaPod did bring the inactives to the forefront...

Not really. I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said.

What's your opinion on MegaPod?

what I asked was the difference between 'pointing out reasoning' and 'providing a strong argument' were in your mind, nothing more.

But why is this relevant though? Honestly this whole interaction between you and Eresh pings W/V, but I can find reasons for both you and Eresh to be the mafia in that scenario.

But why is this relevant though? Honestly this whole interaction between you and Eresh pings W/V, but I can find reasons for both you and Eresh to be the mafia in that scenario.
W/V? I haven't heard that term before, but I'm going to assume you didn't mean weight per volume.

Could you expand on this a little? All I can make out is you are assuming I am town without actually stating any reason.
Well, personally I agree with Caps here, now I can't speak for him, but to me, you've down a great interest in solving who's scum or not, and putting some good reasoning into it. That makes me feel like you're town since scum would probably try to be more conservative with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom