• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia 2! Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls (1/4/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hosts: being that there has been a lot of subbing in the game as well as the fact that we're in mylo, would it be possible for this phase to be extended by 24 hours.
We will discuss this but there are no such plans yet.

DAY 4 VOTE COUNT - "MID"

Max1996 II (Lone_Garurumon, Soulmaster)

As it currently stands, phase will end in 20 hours (+36 minutes) unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 10 players alive, 7 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

I didn't want to get NKed, after Elementar.
I guess that's fair. And with only two votes you weren't exactly a foregone conclusion yet.

I do have another idea for potential scum but I want to wait until we get some of those claims WO asked for before I say anything.

Btw WO do you think it would be a good idea to out your entire neighbourhood or not?

Well, I'm very inclined to believe you now and since it's somewhat late and we have no information on whether the phase is extending or not, I'll tell about the other scum read I had.

The Ereshkigal slot (currently HellCrow). Their actions have been odd for much of the game, for example they seemed oddly excited when jack wasn't getting lynched anymore back in day one, which is somewhat rather odd. Then, as the day was drawing to a close, they voted for Max right near the end.
So Ereshkigal voted for Max to save himself, I guess that's okay.
I know the quoted post was made by known jester jd, but it had a ring of potential truth to it.
Not long after this, Eresh was subbed out into Hellcrow, who proceeded to post for a while, then just disappeared. In fact the only time they've showed up since then is to interject when a post was made which included them getting a vote. Which doesn't exactly present the best image.

For the reasons detailed above:
Vote: Hellcrow

@WolfOwl did your neighbourhood include Rainbow Cloud? Because of so then one's already out.
No there a different one. Everyone one else save for pika is alive.
I didn't want to get NKed, after Elementar.
Trust me you're not a large nk target. They'll look for doc and stuff before you.
I guess that's fair. And with only two votes you weren't exactly a foregone conclusion yet.

I do have another idea for potential scum but I want to wait until we get some of those claims WO asked for before I say anything.

Btw WO do you think it would be a good idea to out your entire neighbourhood or not?
Not yet. It'll be good to see how they react and whatnot. If only people would post more :/

I'll go ahead and out myself as one of Wolf's Neighbors. I suppose revealing could help us narrow down scum options, if we can correctly assume that there's 1-2 scum per neighborhood.

While Max did claim Mason only when his life was on the line, I've decided it's worth believing. If he's not the Mason, I'm sure the real one would come out at any time now, and I doubt the scum would pull something as gutsy as fakeclaiming the Mason after it's already been claimed.

Ok guys, I'm just gonna say that there's only two votes on at the moment, plus they're on separate people, it would not be hard for the mafia to leap in and win at the end of the phase now.
Which is why I say we no lynch since the phase ends tonight, unless we get an extentsion.

Vote: No Lynch

It's mylo so we only lose if we mislynch. Sometimes it's better not to take the risk of a lynch and this is one of those times.

Yeah, phase is ending very soon and I can't be around for the actual end. In this case it does seem unlikely that we'll make a good lynch and not have it stolen by the mafia.
Don't get the wrong idea Hellcrow, I've still got my eye on you.

Unvote: Hellcrow
Vote: No Lynch

Night 4: Taking the Law into His Own Hands

DAY 4 VOTE COUNT

No Lynch II (WolfOwl, Lone_Garurumon)
Max1996 I (Soulmaster)

Night 4: Taking the Law into His Own Hands

The Memorial service for Zexy was scheduled for 8 o'clock the following morning, RM standard time.
Many RM regulars showed up, to show their support for the fallen moderator, and to commemorate his life and accomplishments.
The remaining Fun & Games staff sat at the head of the room, except for Maniacal Engineer, who was notably absent.

"Where is he?" hissed TheCapsFan to Scarlet Sky, as the service was about to begin, "he should be here."
Sky shrugged nonchalantly as the clock struck 8:00.

Enzap stepped up to the podium.
"Friends," he began, "we are here to honor our friend Zexy, who served as one of staff members for this section."
The Section Head paused a moment, and continued.
"Zexy was one of the finest moderators that I ever had the privilege of--"

Enzap was cutoff as the doors to the hall slammed open. Looking utterly disheveled, Maniacal Engineer stepped in.
His trench coat was tattered and covered in mud and blood. He had a five o'clock shadow and bloodshot eyes, and was toting a half empty bottle of Glenfiddich in his right hand.
His hair was a complete mess and matted with blood, and there were scrapes and bruises all over him.
Most notably, however, was the fact that his left arm was completely missing, torn out at the shoulder.
The users all began whispering urgently to each other as the messy mod began walking forward down the aisle.
"Sorry I'm late," he said, casually, taking a swig of the remaining scotch, "was unavoidably detained."
"You're a bit of a mess," remarked Enzap, "rough night?"
"I tracked those blasted spambots for hours," said ME, angrily, "but they ambushed me just west of the RM bar."
The madman paused to take another gulp of whiskey before continuing his tale.
"I managed to ban quite a few of them, but one of them got the drop on me," he said, "lost my good arm and the spambot's trail."
"Then what?" asked Caps.
ME blinked.
"Well, then I did what any sensible person in my condition would have done," said the engineer, "I picked myself up, walked over to the RM bar, and crawled inside a bottle. Must've accidentally fallen asleep at some point, because next thing I knew, it was light out."
Enzap sighed.
"Are you quite through being theatrical?" he asked.
ME nodded.
"Then sit down, please," ordered the Super Mod, "we are in the middle of a memorial service, here."
The mad scientist sat, and the memorial service continued, although the users continued their whispered conversations throughout the moderator's speeches.

Later that day found Maniacal Engineer back in the RM hospital, being attended by both Doctor Floptopus and returnofMCH. The other moderators had gathered around the operating table as Maniacal Engineer was fitted with a robotic arm, of his own design.
As Doctor Floptopus tested the arm's reflexes and MCH tightened the shoulder bolts, Enzap took a look at the day's reports.
"Nothing," he said in disgust, "the users have, once again, decided not to ban anyone today."
ME glared out the window as the final calibrations were made to his new arm.
"If they continue to refuse to do anything, then I will take matters into my own hands," he said.

To prove his point, as well as to test the strength of his new arm, Maniacal Engineer picked up the television remote in his new left hand and crushed it into a fine powder.

No one was lynched.
It is now Night 4, it will end in 24 hours unless players lock their night actions in a way that would lead to an inevitable outcome.

Day 5: Revelations Denied

Day 5: Revelations Denied

returnofMCH sat in his office, pondering the latest developments in RM. Something just didn't feel right to him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Deep in thought, he was startled when his phone rang.
It was Shiny Celebi, and she had a job for him.
"What can I do for Bulbagarden's Head Administrator?" he asked.
"Find me the person responsible for these spambot attacks," replied the admin.
"Surely the F&G staff are already working on this problem," said MCH.
"I don't trust the F&G staff, retorted Shiny Celebi, "I believe at least one of them is behind these attacks, and if they're not, then tackling the problem from multiple directions is more efficient."
"Very well," said MCH, "I assume I will be paid my standard fee?"
"Yes," confirmed the head admin, "but be careful. These bots managed to ban one moderator, and now they've maimed another. There's no telling just how powerful they've become."

MCH's investigation began in the Punster's Workshop thread, where this whole incident had started. Unfortunately, there wasn't much evidence to go on, as he had neutralized the Elieson Virus and the biohazard container was locked up in the moderator section as evidence. However, nobody had bothered cleaning off the graffiti from the back of the thread. MCH examined the logo carefully and jotted some notes in his pad.

He then followed the sequence of events from the initial attack on Enzap and Maniacal Engineer and concluding with a stop at the RM Bar, where ME had spent the previous evening after losing his arm.
The owner, Lord Dragelsnart, was behind the bar, pouring a drink for Pikochu and chatting amicably with several customers.
MCH walked over to the bar and got Snart's attention.
"Something I can get for you, MCH?" he asked.
"Yes," confirmed MCH, "information. Is there somewhere we can talk privately?"
The bounty hunter slipped a few bills onto the bar, which disappeared into Snart's pocket.
"This way," he said, leading MCH to his office above the bar.
The two settled down into a pair of comfortable seats.
"How can I help you today?" asked Snart.
"Story has it that Maniacal Engineer showed up here late last night," stated MCH, "can you verify this?"
"Yeah, he showed up here last night," affirmed Snart, "and he was in a rough state, I can tell you that. Arm looked like it had been sliced clean off."
MCH nodded.
"Did he tell you what had happened?" inquired the investigator.
Snart shook his head.
"He just came in, placed a large sum of cash on the bar, and said he had had a rough night," recalled the bar owner, "didn't say a word while drinking his Glenfiddich, and he passed out around 3am. I just let him be."
"Did you hear any signs of a scuffle last night, shortly before ME arrived," pressed MCH.
"No," responded Snart, "it was pretty quiet last night...at least by the time ME came in."
MCH thanked Snart for his time, and departed back into the chilly night.

MCH's findings brought him to the Troll Tower. Approaching the massive structure, MCH couldn't help noticing the technologically advanced security system.
"Interesting," he thought, "that almost looks like--"
His thoughts were interrupted, as a group of spambots exited the front door, allowing the bounty hunter to slip inside undetected...or so he thought.

Shiny Celebi's phone rang; she immediately picked up.
"Hello?" she said, tentatively.
"It's me," came the reply, "I may not have a lot of time before I get banned, but I've discovered something HUGE about the Trolls."
"What is it?" asked the Head Administrator, breathlessly, convinced there was about to be a major revelation.
Unfortunately, all she heard at the other end of the phone was muffled fighting, followed by static.

The spambots came out of nowhere, ambushing MCH and pelting him with nonsensical ads. Refusing to give up, especially with the answers at his fingertips, MCH pulled out his signature weapons, the keyblades and began slicing the spambots in half.
A sinister laugh echoed through the ornate lobby.
"Welcome to the Troll Tower, MCH," said a disembodied voice, "unfortunately, I cannot permit you to leave here, at least not alive."
"Who are you?" demanded MCH, hacking away at the bots, "show yourself!"
A hooded figured, shrouded in shadows, leapt down from the next floor up.
As he landed, the spambots backed away, respectfully.
"You," said MCH, eyes widening, "are you responsible for all this?"
The figure laughed.
"As much as I would like to take credit for everything, there are are somethings where I am just as much in the dark as you are," replied the figure, "but enough trivialities. It's time to end this."
"Before MCH could react, the hooded figure lifted his right hand and directed a concentrated beam of spam right into MCH. Overwhelmed and slowed down by the spam, the bounty hunter dropped to his knees, letting go of the keyblades.
Instantly, the horde of spambots converged on him and hacked his account.

Shiny Celebi saw the spam emanating from MCH's account, and reluctantly banned him.
"I'm sorry," she said, tearfully.

Dear Lone_Garurumon, you are returnofMCH
55579.jpg

Yes, you said that before.
I shall now use a carrot as a weapon.

You are one of the two hosts of this game which means you can protect a person from dying if you feel like it. As a result, you are the Doctor. Once per night phase you may select a person and may protect them from one attempt at their life.

You are allied with the Non-Trolls and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive

It is now Day 5. It will last 48 hours, unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 9 players alive, 6 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

With 9 players alive, the game is in a state of LYLO (Lynch or Lose). If town doesn't lynch correctly today, they may lose the game.

Every person in the game received a post restriction for the next 3 phases (lasts until the end of Day 6). Please check your role PM for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom