• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rare Pairings

Teh yaois:

- Energyshipping (Roark/Volkner) : Sunnyshore on fanfiction.net has some seriously awesome stories of these two (rated M)
- Ironshipping (Riley/Byron): likewise

Teh yuris

-Misty/Melody (movie 2) (probably has a name but no clue what)

I don't think I have any heterosexual pairs :O But I'm not a "het is ew" person since I'm a Contestshipper :p In terms of fanfiction though, yaoi plz.

Misty & Melody = FluteShipping

:)

I'm pretty convinced I'm the only Accordshipper that exists... *goes back into hiding*

I looked through DeviantArt, Pixiv, Fanfiction.net, Tumblr & Google (yes, it was my last resort)... And I have this conclusion : AlphaFemaleShipping (Shelly x Courtney) is darn rare. I could barely find a few fanarts & 2 fanfics (one of them being a crossover with another franchise). OTL

I have met a grand total of one person who is also a ValetShipper. Needless to stay, I squeed pretty hard when I found I wasn't alone.
I'm so desperate ;A;

I have met a grand total of one person who is also a ValetShipper. Needless to stay, I squeed pretty hard when I found I wasn't alone.
I'm so desperate ;A;

Time to meet two people, then, haha. Darach's apparent crush on Caitlin is so sweet, bless him.

I have a rare pairing on my mind currently, which would be CameraFiendShipping (Shooti/Luke). I ship this platonically as well as romantically, but yeah, I suppose I feel Luke would be able to have Shooti open up to him, and I suppose that they are both of people who develop pictures, just moving and not.

I love love love the Idea of CandiceXVolkner, but everyone either makes Volkner Gay, or pairs him with Jasmine, and EVERYONE makes Candice a lesbian, and I just don't see it, if anything Maylene's the lesbian, if not just a serious fan, little sister of sorts to Candice.

Also, Burgh and Iris would make a cute couple, especially after playing W2, where someone mentions that they are so alike, and it would be really cute.

Awww, I always liked Valetshipping, too! And honestly, I am surprised it is as rare as it seems to be :(

I really love Volkner x Elesa for some reason, whether friends or otherwise. Elesa just seems like the type of person besides Flint that would force him out of his shell a bit.

I kind of like the idea of Swanna/Virizion (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity) because of that one line at the beginning, but I've never seen anything of it.

Also, the Ferris wheel ships (that don't involve N, I mean) are frustratingly impossible to find. Come on, they're practically canon by Pokémon standards!
Especially the Waitress Aurora and Guitarist January ones :c (I know there are some stuff of the former on that old Pokanon LJ that I like, but that's it)

Also I've only seen Daisy Oak/Leaf and I've only seen that twice too (also on Pokanon)

Also, the Ferris wheel ships (that don't involve N, I mean) are frustratingly impossible to find. Come on, they're practically canon by Pokémon standards!
Especially the Waitress Aurora and Guitarist January ones :c (I know there are some stuff of the former on that old Pokanon LJ that I like, but that's it)

Also I've only seen Daisy Oak/Leaf and I've only seen that twice too (also on Pokanon)

Augh, yes. I love those two especially (probably because I'm way into femslash, ha ha), and I think I could literally count the number of fanarts even involving January, much less shipping her with Rosa, on one hand. D:

TBH, I don't think I see a lot of Daisy being shipped with anyone who isn't Bill (and vice versa, when I think about it), which is a real shame because Daisy/Leaf sounds super cute.

Well i'm fairly confident i am the only CapoeiraShipper (Marshal & Dahlia) and the only NormalShipper (Cheren & Whitney) . So those are fairly rare pairings.

Augh, yes. I love those two especially (probably because I'm way into femslash, ha ha), and I think I could literally count the number of fanarts even involving January, much less shipping her with Rosa, on one hand. D:
Same, these days it's probably the only kind 'shipping' I even care about (next to joke stuff).

TBH, I don't think I see a lot of Daisy being shipped with anyone who isn't Bill (and vice versa, when I think about it)

And even then that's based off of Pokespe (I think?), which I'm not that interested in, so I'm kind of lost on all that...

Last edited:
I ship human x Pokemon, especially in the movies. Yeah, I have no shame whatsoever.

Aegis (Darkrai/Alice), Quiescient (Darkrai/Alicia), Damon/Reshiram (I cry, there's no name for this one), NewIsland (Mewtwo/Nurse Joy), Zero/Giratina (forgot the name OTL), and I think that's about it.

Not much of a shipper myself, but how about...
Hilbert/Hiker Andy
Old man(pokemon red)/Coffee(DoubleShotofEspressoShipping)
Old man/Missingno
Old man/ Man on roof in Cinnabar
As you can see, I'm not taking this very seriously.

Ironwillshipping aka Riley/Dawn. Not really disliked, just rare, though there's the whole age difference thing if you assume Riley to be in his mid-twenties and game!Dawn to be ten or so. I found one very well-done fanfic that addressed this in a tasteful way, but that wasn't until after I read an absolutely tasteless one (which I'm ripping apart on my Tumblr at the moment).

Ironwillshipping aka Riley/Dawn. Not really disliked, just rare, though there's the whole age difference thing if you assume Riley to be in his mid-twenties and game!Dawn to be ten or so. I found one very well-done fanfic that addressed this in a tasteful way, but that wasn't until after I read an absolutely tasteless one (which I'm ripping apart on my Tumblr at the moment).

Remember that even Byron doesn't know Riley's age? Never underestimate the power of aura XDD

The ones I found were
Marly x Gothorita

... yeah, goth girls XDD

Remember that even Byron doesn't know Riley's age? Never underestimate the power of aura XDD

XD That's sooooo true. Who knew hiding your true age was one of the many uses of aura? Still, I see Riley's age as somewhere between nineteen and twenty-five (which is where fanon puts him), so if Dawn really is ten, there's a problem. If only Dawn was older... or there was another plausible female love interest for Riley, since I'm not really a yaoi fan.

XD That's sooooo true. Who knew hiding your true age was one of the many uses of aura? Still, I see Riley's age as somewhere between nineteen and twenty-five (which is where fanon puts him), so if Dawn really is ten, there's a problem. If only Dawn was older... or there was another plausible female love interest for Riley, since I'm not really a yaoi fan.

Cheryl and/or Marley are plausible - they seem to be quite a bit older than Dawn. Marley looks only slightly younger than Riley. Cheryl looks the same age, maybe even older. I especially like the idea of Riley with Marley - they both seem to be kind of shady.

I would say out of mine, Hilbert/Bianca is the only one with substantial fanart. Fanfics seem to be less common, though.

Morty/Jasmine seems to be extremely rare. Most people make Morty gay for either Falkner or Eusine. There's the occasional Morty/Sabrina as well. Falkner/Lyra seems to be rare too. Falkner is also usually made gay - or paired with Janine. Because of that little confrontation, I don't like Falkner being with Janine, and I kinda objected to Whitney because she's annoying and I didn't want a "pink girl/blue boy" couple (a lot of anime pair pink-haired girls with blue-haired boys). I know Silver/Lyra fans are more common.

I also support Grimsley/Caitlin, though of course that's probably the second most common Grimsley ship (the first being Grimsley/Shauntal). I see it as a "beauty and the beast" scenario - Caitlin being the "beauty" and Grimsley being the "beast" (Grimsley is handsome, but he's a Dark-type Trainer, and one that looks very obvious).

I'm beginning to support Bugsy/Whitney as a couple. Both seem kinda annoying, so it works!

Back
Top Bottom