• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Disney) - 7/10 The animation and art, considering it was made in the late 30s, is absolutely fantastic. The characters...are kinda bland. Blank slates, even. Completely uninteresting. The villain doesn't really do much, but hey! After seeing the awful excuse of a villain Hawkmoth is, she does way more in the movie than he ever could in 26 episodes of Miraculous Ladybug! Overall, it's definitely not one of my favorites, but I can definitely respect its technical merits and the impact it had when it first came out.

Seriously, until a few years ago, I honestly had no idea Disney had been around since the 1920s! I had always assumed that all the movies I ever watched came out during or a little after I was born. Heck, even watching Snow White and Bambi, with how good they look even now, you'd think they were made recently!

Grimsby 10/10

Oh my god this is bloody brilliant. Had my family cracking up the whole way through. Brilliant (if somewhat toilet at points) humor, and a surprisingly touching story between the brothers. Just hillarious the whole way through. Just be careful, it's rated R for a pretty damn good reason.

The Demolisher; 6/10

Not my kind of movie, but my company insisted so I just watched it through...

Doctor Strange, Marvel ONCE AGAIN proves with a BIG HIT for them! :) gets an A
Fantastic Beasts, for the First Film in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, this was a VERY SOLID Start to it. Other then 3 Small Nitpicks, LOVED EVERY SECOND of it, gets an A+
Arrival, Denis Villeneuve has Directed another AMAZING Film, requires me to see again but I'd say an A

Hacksaw Ridge. 10/10- Honestly most movies for me are pretty forgettable, but this one actually gave me something I'm going to have to think about for a while. Definitely the best war movie I've seen yet

Rouge One A Star Wars Story - 5/10
Did not enjoy much of this one. A lot of the comic relief was really forced. Main character wasn't likable and the rest of the cast was forgettable. It didn't really add anything to the main series story and wasn't very solid as its own story either.
I might have scored a bit higher but the last 20 minutes was really lame. The main plot was already done and over with but the movie had to give every single character their own catchy death scene. Jyn and the Cassian guy hugging each other on a beach sunset back drop while watching the death star blast come at them was the worst of them all.

I saw Rogue One earlier. I'd give it a solid 9/10.

It was stunning. I thought it worked really well as a standalone story. It also tied up some unexplained plot holes (like why there is a hole going straight to the reactor in the Death Star) and the cast was wonderful. Especially Alan Tudyk. And don't even get me started on that final scene with Vader. That was just bloody intense.

Super Mario Bros: The Movie

Now that I've watched everything, I'll have to give it a 7/10. Not the best translation of the Mario-verse to the big screen, but compared to the stupidity of the recent games (except Galaxy 1, and to some extent 2), this was a lot more watchable, with actually human characteristics of the three main heroes. Peach actually had a brain from the get go, Luigi was actually lovable with his naiveté that actually looks human, and Mario looked cool in a human-sense with his non-nonsense, yet weary view he acquired from struggling in the plumbing business. If only the Mario-verse was a bit more faithful (and especially Yoshi being the cute dino he is in his games), then I would rate the movie even higher. I think the movie is somewhat underrated in the characteristics department.

Moana 9/10: The characters were really well fleshed out and the songs were amazing. And I think this is the most visually stunning Disney movie ever.

Rogue One 4/10: I had a lot of problems with this movie. For one it was too slow paced for it's own good and felt like it dragged on for hours. This movie had a large cast which shouldn't be a bad thing but I honestly can't remember their names or any traits. Some of the cameos felt so shoehorned in.
Darth Vader honestly served no purpose to the movie. His scenes were cool but ultimately added nothing to the story. And the ending where all the characters died meant absolutely nothing to me. I think they wanted me to be sad, but they didn't give me a reason to be sad. The droid was the only likable and he died first. So I checked out and waited for the rest of the cardboard cut-outs to die.
It was okay but I was so bored by the end that I was glad it was over. I hope Episode 8 is better than this.

Ancient aliens Debunked. It's a three hour long movie debunking theories made by the History channel show: Ancient Aliens. Some of these theories include: Aliens used nukes on ancient cities, and the Nascar lines where alien airports. It was pretty good. I learned a lot about how ancient buildings were made. 7/10

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. (9.5/10). Late last year, I publicly stated on the forums that Disney will ruin Star Wars. And look what happened. Two great Star Wars films. The story was very strong, and there were cameos from C3PO and R2Ds, and the ending sets up Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope when Princess Leia was handed the plans for the Death Star.

La La Land: ... It felt like I was in a MAGICAL WONDERLAND like the Film was in may portions. Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are AMAZING and are Awards Worthy. This is in my TOP 3 Films of the Year! O_______O A+

Back
Top Bottom