• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

Wait. Remixes are allowed in this thread? For the song at hand, it's a noticeable downgrade to the original's sense of scale. It felt as if a god was looking down on you with an overwhelming arrogance. The style of this remix can't convey that feeling well. It's still carried by the melodies of the original. 6/10

Wait. Remixes are allowed in this thread?
I and a few others have posted remixes, both official and fan made, early on since the thread first started; some of us even post tracks from fan made games, it's fine.

For the track posted, 7/10. Not a fan of the alarm at the beginning, but the rest is pretty good; though not a boss theme I'd rank too high in my personal list.

7/10 I almost gave it a 6, but that did grow on me as it kept going enough for me to be generous enough to raise the score by one point. The theme itself is upbeat, but does also kind of sound one-note and generic to me. perhaps if I knew what the scene or event was about....

6/10 I liked it more than I thought I would tbh; the orchestral really brings out the intensity of the track and some parts sound a little bit like Dynasty Warriors music, which is a plus in my book. I knocked off a point though since I think it would be way better if it wasn't an extended version, making it ten minutes long really drags it out imo, and unfortunately brings it down a bit and loses some of its impact.

(Reviewed above: "Carry On (Game Size)" from Muv-Luv Alternative)

Well, I can say that I wasn't quite expecting the song to go in that direction after those first few seconds — or for it to have those kinds of vocals, haha — but I can also say that I'm not really disappointed that it did, as things turned out much better than they kind of had any right to be, haha. Ultimately, 7/10.

(Posted below: "The Trip" from Gran Turismo 5)

I absolutely adore the cultural blending on display. It really feels like the entire world has united to cheer you on at the end.
Considering the context of calamari inkantation and what it means to the series, there is no better way to end the third entry than with this very song. Something interesting is that I thought 3 would be the final entry of the series, which I had mixed feelings on. After this song and the ending in general, now I'm fine if the series ends here with how amazing an ending this song provides. The 1 minute long build up is still inexcusable though. 9.5/10

10/10 Kirill Pokrovsky's music stands out in a very creative way compared to most other video game composers, arguably speaking. Even his "weaker" works still generally ranks pretty high in my list! Regardless, this track gives off the sense of adventure and fantasy very well; I would also absolutely listen to this often as a sort of calming background noise.

8.5/10
I really like the driving rhythm and the blend of electronic and orchestral instrument sounds. I don’t know the context for the song, but it makes me imagine the party navigating a steampunk sky fortress or gearing up for some epic battle! The “whoosh” sound that plays at several throughout the song is pretty cool as it reinforces the sky/wind vibe, but it was so loud that it distracted somewhat from the elements of the song that I liked better.

7/10 it's a bit all over the place, but not really in a bad way, as I'm assuming it's supposed to be like that. I think I like the trumpets the most in the track though, makes it more vibrant at times.

(Reviewed above: "My Woman, Kisara" from Rance 4.1 & 4.2)

I'm completely unsurprised to learn that this was a Japanese-only PC game from the 90s, haha. Assuming that this is a character theme, there's not really much for me to say about it, except that the unabashedly 90s sound and the groove that comes with this particular expression of that rarely fails to entertain me for at least a listen or two before I get tired of it. With that in mind, 7/10.

I wanted something to recognize Pokémon Day and to reflect the reveal of a certain upcoming title set in Kalos, but the idea of just posting something from the official X & Y OST sounded boring to me. So have this fan remix instead:

(Posted below: "Boutique (Mewmore Remix)" from Pokemon X & Y)

Last edited:
9.5/10

Okay, so fun fact about this remix. I actually came out as transfem to my friend group whilst having this exact remix on loop, so I'll always associate it with good happy vibes.

Anywho, even on it's own, it's nice and peppy and has a sense of elegance the original games' version doesn't have. The piano, particularly from 0:54 to 1:26 adds so much extra flair.

Tl;Dr, I have fond memories of it, and it's a nice unique remix on its own. I really do love it.

Back
Top Bottom