• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rating Battle Season 4 - Special Format

Reaction score
So normally I'm not really into joining the Rating Battle Seasons, but the Special format of this one caught my eye. The special rule this time is that each Trainer will select only one Pokémon to battle with.

There was a competition last year in which this was the rule too and I've really enjoyed that one, mostly because the battles are really fast and I did pretty well. So I think I might actually blow the dust of my Moon version and join this one :D

More info about the Special format of Rating Battle Season 4:

Time period: May 16 - July 17, 2017
Format: Single Battles
Amount of Pokémon: Six on team, one in battle
Battle time: 5 minutes (60-second Pokémon preview, 15-second turn times)
Disallowed items: Mega Stones, Z-Crystals, Focus Sashes, Eviolite
Disallowed Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Ash-Greninja

Pokémon from the whole National Dex are allowed (except the disallowed Pokémon named above) and you can use Pokémon transported from previous games. You cannot use two or more Pokémon with the same Pokédex number, and no two Pokémon participating can hold the same item.

More info: Pokémon Global Link

So any more people here interested in joining this season's Special format? Which Pokémon are you going to use and what is your strategy going to be? And once the season has started, you can also use this thread to tell how your battles are going :D

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom