• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Remembering Whitney's Miltank

I had picked up a rock/ground Pokemon in Union Cave (like Geodude) and train it up to Goldenrod (through Ilex Forest) so Whitney's Miltank is like any other Gym Leader Pokemon (tough but nothing worth crying over).

What, you guys didn't?

My brother just OHKOed Miltank in one hit with his Quilava's Fire Blast! I dunno if it was a critical hit, but it was only level 21.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I´ve beaten her on the second try. (Not because of Rollout, because of Attract in general).

Much more trouble I had with Gardenia´s Bellosom in Platinum rematches.

Gen II was a nightmare for me. No matter what I tried, it was either Rollout or Attract, and most, if not all of my team was male. But, I had little clue what I was doing back then to start with, so that probably contributed to the rage quitting and frustration. I managed to luck out the final time by burning Miltank, cutting her attack and cooking her at the same time. It was the only way I survived that one time.

Gen IV was easier, especially since she didn't spam Rollout as much, but Milk Drink and Attract still proved to be a nuisance. But this time I had a plan, and it worked well. Sent out a fast Gastly, used Curse, and just patiently wore it out. I got even luckier when I burned it twice (the first time was healed by the Lum Berry it was holding, but I burned it again one turn later), so that added insult to injury to that overgrown cow. So Gen IV was easier, especially since I actually had a plan that time around.

Cheeseburgers, anyone? Maybe some prime rib?

Oh, how innocent I was. I strolled into the gym, all my pokemon 1 or 2 levels higher than the gym leader's. I thought it would be a breeze, like most gym leaders. But, alas, I was proven wrong by Roll-out.

What? I noticed after a few turns. It increases damaged every successful hit? Why that is the most absurd, terrible, annoying-

Anyway, the only reason I one the last time is because it missed, I sent out quilava, used smokescreen (ALOT), and eventually burned it. And then I realize that I had Roll-out after the battle. Wait, did Whitney give it to me?

Attract
Quilava immobilized by love
Stomp
flame wheel
milk drink
Quilava immobilizd by love

this continues for around 10 minutes befroe i get sweeped.

This was never an easy battle. Spamming Rollout and Milk Drink is a perfect strategy so the only time to get lucky is from a status ailment.

Ugh, I remember when I first tried to beat her in my SoulSilver game. I failed the first time, and the time after that, and the time after that, and the time after that... I can't even count how many times I tried to win. Attract really screwed me up, and then Rollout would finish me off. If I happened to deal massive damage, it would just use Milk Drink! I swear I was stuck in Goldenrod City for weeks! Stupid overpowered cow... I enjoyed it when I made her cry when I finally beat her.

It's not actually that hard. There's a good reason you get a Machop, specifically one that's female, right in Goldenrod for an easy trade.

Miltank was always a problem. I lost to her in Gold/Silver and lost again in HG/SS. I could even have used some kind of potion in the last moment, but I chose not to do it. Miltank was good enough to have my respect and make me battle her again.
HG/SS Miltank was slightly different from G/S Miltank, though. In G/S, Miltank largely abused of Rollout to knock you down. In HG/SS, she tries to annoy you with Stomps until your pokémon die or the PP of Stomp deplete, when she will start to abuse of Rollout. I may be wrong, but it was my impression.

That Miltank is so frustrating. Almost all my team members are male so her Attract made them immobilized. In my second SS playthrough I defeated it by using my Quilavas Smokescreen on it and that made it miss almost all the time and then I could kill it.

This is such an easy battle. There is a Dig TM found nearby for a reason... so USE IT. Poisonpowder + any female pokemon with Dig will guarantee you the victory.

That Milktank was surely a trouble for me. Back in the days with the old but Gold cartridge I was just 9 years-old and was still getting into it, since Gold was the first Pokémon game I played...

But then, it comes HeartGold and still, the Milktank was astonishing, surprisingly tough!! What a moveset!! But I didn't needed a second round to bury that bitch

I always struggled against this unstoppable force in Gold, but put it down just to unluckiness at the time, but I kept failing and blamed it on my team just not being typed right. Then when I first joint the online fandom I realised more and more people had a problem with this cow, (her Miltank was quite strong too ;) :p jk )

When HeartGold came out, I though things would be different, not only had they lowered the level, but I had around 10 years more experience of Pokemon battling than I did previously. But... she still beat me and a rematch was required, admittedly it only took 3 attempts unlike Gen 2 where I lost count, but still she was formidable.

Her and Wattson are the only Gym Leaders to have ever beaten me!

I tried facing her Miltank in Pokemon Stadium 2 with the rental Pokemon and it was absolutely terrible. A lot tougher than I gave her credit for. ~_~

HG/SS, she wasn't really that bad. I struggled with Miltank a few times because my Bayleef was rather underleveled, but a few levels of grinding helped fix that.

I've never had any trouble with her Miltank. I thought she was one of the easier gym leaders in Gen II...

I lost a few times whilst fighting it. On my most recent play through I sacrificed Pokemon by spamming sand attack/smokescreen till it was the lowest accuracy... then it was easy!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom