• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia RESIDENT EVIL 2 Remake Mafia by RavenRaziel98

GG HD You were cruisin just far enough under my radar to keep me from wanting to [push you until roughly mid/end D4 if I was still around. I like your roleblocker gambit though it was a bit too risky, though given the amount of passives in this game, it could've been argued a lot more effectively if flips were different since poeple would've spec'd more active roles after a while.

I uhh...gotta go. I am worried that my body will end up floating down a green river soon, and if you don't know what that means, then that's for the best.

And now to the really bad stuff...
The Police Badge fuck up
- now this one is really bad and developed into a dumpster fire within a few moments. As you are aware by now, Ada/DawningWinds had the alternative/additional wincon to retrieve a sample of the G-Virus. The original plan was that DW targets Professor Birkin/HumanDawn and receive a tissue sample of the G-Virus. And here is where I did something insanely thoughtless that opened box of Pandora... During Night 1 DW targeted Lieutenant Marvin Branagh/gentlefeather. Obviously that's not the person that needed to be targeted to win this, but I thought "Letting the action end up without any result would be kinda lame... Let's hand out some kinda collectible just to make it a little less boring and unrewarding!“. Since I didn't had access to my notes in that moment, I decided to open gentle's Role PM in another tab and check the targeted char. After seeing that it was Lieutenant Marvin Branagh I decided "well, retrieving a Police Badge would kinda fit" - I didn't realize at all that this was extremely AI.

To make things even worse, I accidentally sent the result to gentle instead of DW. I realized what I did after very few seconds and immediately edited the message to 404 - but it was too late.

Gentlefeather soon reached out to me and told me that they noticed and told me to replace them with a sub since they had privileged information now.

loll oops?

This fact makes the game objectively one of the best in mafia history.

@RavenRaziel98 would you like my honest opinion on this game's overall balance and setup (just as a form of general critique)? There are some things in here that I am a fan of seeing in this "Standard" "Not-Standard" setup, and some concerns, but the game itself was overall a neat puzzle to try to solve.

Despite my bitching (and oh my, did I generate a lot of bitching), I did enjoy it.

Also...

Uhh....so....about that....
Go wild sir, you deserve the right to rant after enduring this lol!

Also, getting a little sentimental, but seriously, this game had an awesome player roster and I'm caught in a circle of thanking all the players while also apologizing to them in my mind.
I really had to hold back sometimes to not push peotinto certain thougjty
If I was forced to play with the same players for the rest of my life I would still be hosting as much as possible.
At some point some of you showed me that you consider me as "a human just like you are" rather than some outlandish weirdo - and this is something very precious to me (some of you already know that) since I feel out of place for most of the time when I engage with other people.

Last edited:
Also I had a special second part of a flip reseved in case of an Elieson death

So for this, imagine Elieson has died at some point and this would be written below his actual flip:

A mysterious man with long hair wearing the mask of a plague doctor appeared. He looked at Elieson's corpse and said:

???: You don't deserve this...

He rose his hands and yelled...

???: I summon your mortal soul to help me in this matter!

Chris Redfield suddenly appeared next to the mysterious man

Chris: What do you need me for, master?

???: I want you to do, what you're best at - box this boulder, I need a tomb stone!

Chris: You made me come here from Europe as I was just about to get some hanky panky just for this?!

???: Yeah, you're the best man for this job, the earlier you're done the earlier you can get back to business.

Chris: Oh well...

Chris punched a boulder of enormous size until nothing but a plate was left.

???: You are dismissed.

Chris vanished, and the mysterious man pointed his index finger at the stone plate.
With pure willpower he engraved the words:
"Here lies Elieson!
A vig in this game, but a Jester overall!"
on the plate and placed it next toe Elieson's corpse before vanishing from the scene...

Go wild sir, you deserve the right to rand after enduring this lol!

Also, getting a little sentimental, but seriously, this game had an awesome player roster and I'm caught in a circle of thanking all the players while also apologizing to them in my mind.
I really had to hold back sometimes to not push peotinto certain thougjty
If I was forced to play with the same players for the rest of my life I would still be hosting as much as possible.
At some point some of you showed me that you consider me as "a human just like you are" rather than some outlandish weirdo - and this is something very precious to me (some of you already know that) since I feel out of place for most of the time when I engage with other people.

You did good, man. Hosting and balanacing a game is weird. It's work. It's a lot of work. It's a lot more than people think. Flavor and building themes come and goes but the effort to run a game is a lot, and you did well. A little booboo here or there to not make you a faulty host because you actively tried to think and act on resolutions that you believed would be good enough. That's all I ask and expect from a host, and I hope that my general chatter in discord helped you feel as though your work here is both acknowledged and respected.

That said.

Get a different M.o.D. to approve your game :D

Mafia:

Hated Godfather (hated doesn't show up in the vote count)
Strongman
Roleblocker (can target the same person multiple nights in a row, but chance of success reduces by 50% with each repeat, was originally 1-shot but got upgraded given the amount of passive town roles)

Town:

Fighter (survives for another full Day/Night (or Night/Day) cycle before dying)
Mason
Mason
Cop
Doc (can target the same person multiple nights in a row, but chance of success reduces by 50% with each repeat)
1x-Vig
Lynchproof
Vanilla
Miller (has an additional/alternative Wincon, can target a player (regardless of alive or dead) each night to loot them, wins after targeting HumanDawn/Professor William Birkin (unless role blocked) by retrieving a tissue sample of the G-Virus) - got also turned in some kinda character cop unintentionally because I'm stupid and need to reduce the resulting damage now, if the balance wasn't busted yet - it is now)

Independent:

Jester

First off, the Jester. Excellent role. Would include again, 10 out of 10. It won, and I grow more powerful when ITPs achieve victory.

Information:

If you look at things on a surface level, Mafia is a game that prides itself on its players having information. What information is there in a game like this? It's a 9:3:1 (good number).
Town has two Masons and a Cop
Mafia has no information roles whatsoever

This is fundamentally, a little scary. It puts the effort for mafia to shoot and push lynches at a complete nonfactor, and leaves scum to have to do everything they do via in-thread research. Even things that they just want to clear up things on, they cannot attempt, because well...nothing's there for them to use. They're lacking a tool to gain information.

That said, Cop having a natural counter by way of Godfather and Miller are fine. You attempted to make the miller creative, which is a twist from the typical "I'm a miller" D1 safeclaim easy. People get away with that a lot, so you tried something new. I approve of the effort.

Also, Masons are quite powerful. In OC they're ridiculously powerful and you can honestly run town w/o a cop. For this NOC game, however, it gives town a confirmed upon flip, or at best (for town) a potential 2 player confirmed scenario at endgame 3-living-players since the masons will never vote for each other...maybe at 5p alive too, since it means if the Jester is one of the three, the Jester just claims something silly, gets lynched, and then Mafia has a 1/3 chance not to autolose.

Power and Protection:

This is the second fundamental part of a game, and something that can I think you focused on a bit more than necessary. Mafia had a Strongman which...did what for them? Got past the Doc and that's it, really. If the strongman could bypass the Fighter (Bleeder), then that would've given it a bit more utility. With the game lacking a Tracker/Watcher or a method to stop kills, the Strongman could endlessly and effortlessly kill without concern. It's a bit rough since if the strongman is playing well, town just can't stop it.

Lynchproof...Perma Lynchproof? Permanently Lynchproof? That's a doozy. Considering that a "Lynched"!Lynchproof alive at 4 with Masons could theoretically also prevent scum from winning by just a Process of Elimination, this is a bit of a push in protection. A 1x Lynchproof would've been a bit better here, since it gives Mafia some way to get around it, and allows town to make a bonafide mistake since Town shouldn't really be prevented from making mistakes in poor gameplay.

The 1x Vig I think is a good number for this game's size. I'd normally add a 2-shot at 13+ players, or at least consider it at 14, so 1x is fine.

So far, Mafia's counters to everything are, the Strongarm to get past the Doc, and the Godfather to get past the Cop. That said, the cop is Hated, and the scumteam didn't have anything mighty or unique to compensate for it in the context of the game.

Other stuff

Mafia Roleblocker with a reduced chance of success at repeated targeting attempts was there to account for progressive issues....this is neat because you clearly thought of this as a problem...you just put it way into a town-favored functionality.

Town Fighter/Bleeder would've arguably been handled better had the GentleFeather slot been more active. Flavor withstanding, I stand by that this is an annoying role because it's just one more hurdle that mafia has to overcome and one more mistake town's "allowed" to make. Town had two people they could lynch that would not bring negatives (Lynchproof and Fighter), which is pretty nuts and very townsided and forgiving.

Overall, this was a townsided game in form and function. Your mod error(s?) didn't really impact the course of the game I would say, though the stress of struggling to perfectly run the game I think got to you during the game. That said, you were attentive, responsive, active and did your job as a mod very well. The game was town-sided in function, but the game could've swung either way depending on the activity of the playerbase.

Uhh....so....about that....
Wow look there’s no post restrictor of any kind.:enzap:
Also, Caps, this hurt. A lot. The fact that you seemed to assume I was claiming Cop because I would basically rather die than play as that role…it gutted me worse than Mafia actually killing me and then finding out that my death was actually completely in vain because there was an infinite Strongman.

You should know me better than that.
You should have waited until day 2!
Shout out to my mason buddy @Mint Elv! Had a ton of fun being masons with you and dropping so many hints in thread about it. Lol.
Same!!!! Also I can’t believe it took like almost the whole game before anyone seemed to notice. But it was great working with you :bulbaLove:
I uhh...gotta go. I am worried that my body will end up floating down a green river soon, and if you don't know what that means, then that's for the best.
Run.

Also why don’t I get a special thank you. I dragged Elie and ME’s butts out of retirement for this.

Anyways you did great Raven. Hosting and balancing is way harder than playing. I still suck at it.

Oh shoot, almost forgot...
In case of a host lynch/kill the following bonus scene would've been unlocked:

This would have prevented any kill/lynch.
In case of targeting me with role cop/cop the result would have been Host.

That said, Cop having a natural counter by way of Godfather and Miller are fine. You attempted to make the miller creative, which is a twist from the typical "I'm a miller" D1 safeclaim easy. People get away with that a lot, so you tried something new. I approve of the effort.
I do this to all my Millers, I think I had a vig Miller once just to mess with the investigation roles.
Also, Masons are quite powerful
When I ran Masons they never claimed because they had secondary powers worth keeping secret. For starters one of the was also the Lover of the other Mason. The other was Town Backup. If I recall neither claimed. But the Backup ended up using the Vig shot on their Mason partner because Bus Driver Unjester Jinjo showed up. (What's with Jinjo getting Jester roles?)

I completely agree with this entire Elieson post (that's a first?)

lol at me being the only Vanilla in a role madness

Also why don’t I get a special thank you. I dragged Elie and ME’s butts out of retirement for this.

TO be fair, dragging me into this game caused a lot of <insert adjectives here>, which could be for better or for worse, depending on who's answering :D

I completely agree with this entire Elieson post (that's a first?)

Now THIS is a big day...It only took until postgame for you to acknowledge how objectively correct I am in everything that I say and do, because there's always a rea-

TO be fair, dragging me into this game caused a lot of <insert adjectives here>, which could be for better or for worse, depending on who's answering :D

Now THIS is a big day...It only took until postgame for you to acknowledge how objectively correct I am in everything that I say and do, because there's always a rea-
Elieson has been killed!!!

GJ town, yall played very well
good job at shooting Jinjo N1, Ellie

gonna post thoughts on the setup later but first impression is that it was balanced enough, but kinda townsided

oooooooh
minish and mido were masons

that makes a lot of sense now
Yeah. I didn't realize it until Minish's post right before I voted Space, but in hindsight they hinted at it multiple times.

I actually had a thought that they might be faking because masons are so rare these days - and on a Space miselim they could win with a miselim the next phase (assuming a vig shot, we didn't know it was 1x), but then I realized that Space's "town check" clears both masons regardless of Space's alignment because of spew/check confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom