• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GAME: Review League 2: Electric Pikachu

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
That's right. We're back.

Spr_B2W2_Shauntal.png

Some of you probably remember the Review League, an ongoing event meant to encourage a lively community of writers and readers on the Bulbagarden forums. After some adjustments here and there, we're bringing it back!

For those who don't know, the Review League is a game where you can collect points for leaving reviews on fic in the Writer's Workshop. The basic guidelines are as follows:

1.) Review any story posted in the Writers Workshop. If you comment on multiple chapters in one review, it's recommended that you point out in the review exactly which chapters you comment on.

2.) Post the link to your review in this thread. You don't have to post immediately. You can post up to four reviews at any one time.

3.) Based on the guidelines below, calculate how many points you've earned with your review(s). It helps to say what criteria earned you the amount of points you calculated, but it's not required.

Prizes will also be making a return in the future, so keep an eye out!

Ways to earn points
  • Reviews must be at least 100 words to qualify for the Review League.
  • Every review automatically nets you 2 points.
  • For every 250 words put into a review, you receive 1 extra point. If an author replies to your review and you continue to post and discuss their fic with them, you can add the discussion posts toward your word count. You would not get base points or any other additional points for replies, just word count points. Please don't write words just to inflate the word count. Your reviews should have some substance to them.
  • For reviews done for the review game, you will receive 6 extra points.
  • For reviews commenting on a fic in the Workshop Archive, you will receive 2 extra points per review.
  • Review events will offer opportunities to earn extra points. Keep an eye out for future events!
  • For reviews done for the Weekly Review Prompt Thread, you will receive 4 extra points.

Leaderboard
Look off in the distance! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Superman! No, it's the handy dandy, 100% not FDA approved Review League leaderboard! << Right here, in this link. A fancy little Google Spreadsheet where you can see how many points you have, and where you rank among your fellow reviewers.

Last edited:
  • Staff
First

+2 for review
+1 for word count (251 words)
+2 for Workshop Archive fic

+2 for review
+1 for word count (380 words)
+6 for being part of the review game

9 points

Also, I posted my review on the reivew game thread, but there's been no reply thus far. Does the review need to be replied to to count as part of the review game?
No, there’s nothing else you need to do for it to count! I’ve been a bit busy this week, so I haven’t been able to update the leaderboard.

(Assuming you’re referring to the League, as opposed to the other Review Game)

+2 for review
+1 for word count (380 words)
+6 for being part of the review game

9 points
Added! It doesn't affect the point count, but quoted text doesn't count towards the word count (if it was, then such a system could be abused by quoting the whole story), so the word count came to 347 words.

Don't have the spoons to log rn, but:

+ 2 points (133 words)

Chapters 1 + 2
+2 Review
+1 Word Count (2 Chapters reviewed, Total word count 271 [117/154]).

Total: +3 Points

Chapter 1
+2 Review (142 Words)

Total +2 Points

Chapter 3
+2 Review
+ 1 Word Count (265)

Total +3 Points

Last edited:
Sorry for Double pots but:
From the Vast
Chapter 4,
+2 Points Review
+1 Point 313 Words Total.

Chapter 5,
+2 Points Review
+1 Point 335 Words Total

Chapter 6,
+2 Points Review

When the Day Met the Night
One-Shot
+2 Points Review

Total:
+ 10 Points
I keep my stuff all on a special thread now so it doesn't get lost or mixed up. I hope that's okay. If not I can certainly post the reviews on their threads too!

Lemme log some stuff, then I'll be able to update the point counts :bulbaLol:

envy of eden

Review 1: +1 for review, +4 for extra words (1163/250 is approx. 4 rounded down), 5 total

Review 2: +1 for review, +8 for extra words (2100/250 is approx. 8 rounded down), 9 total

Nori Carino

Review 1: +1 for review, +1 for extra words (331/250 is approx. 1 rounded down), 2 total

Back
Top Bottom