• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: REWIND: A Cassette Beasts Nuzlocke Story

MC.Princess

“Us weirdo’s have to stick together.”
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. He/Him
  3. They/Them
  4. Any
  5. Refer To Profile
REWIND: A Cassette Beasts Nuzlocke Story
By framefinity!

This is something I’ve been writing on and off for a while now. I had the idea to do a story based off of my ongoing Cassette Beast nuzlocke. While I have the story itself planned out for about 1/3rd of the game so far, I don’t know what I’ll do if I end up failing it yet. I do plan on keeping this PG-13 tho, albeit with some mild swearing and such. I might end up up changing it from EVERYONE to TEEN if I deem it necessary, the themes I wanna add feel important enough, and I feel like it can be done well. I plan on adding new parts every 1-2 weeks, but I haven’t had as much time for writing lately, so please be patient with me! :3

For now, please enjoy the prologue for REWIND!

Prologue:

The city looked the same as it always did at night. Bright. Colorful. Mechanical. It had been a few years since Cass had moved here with his parents. No matter how he tried to get himself to like it, he couldn’t help but miss living in a small town. Where everyone had each other's back. Where you could find your best friend just a few blocks away. Where everything was… quieter. He opened the window to his room and looked outside, his nightgown glowing from the city lights. “I can’t make myself enjoy this place, can I?” He sighed, staring into the night sky. As he looked up into the clouds, he noticed that they were starting to part somehow. Something that looked like a shooting star fellow out of them, but it looked… distorted, or glitchy. Like something both impossible to make out and perfectly visible. Cass looked at the odd shooting star, and a thought popped into his head. “I could make a wish on that, right? No matter how weird it looks, a shooting star is a shooting star.” He popped his head out of the window, and yelled out to the sky. “I wish I could leave the city!” For a few moments, everything was silent, like nothing had happened. Then, a portal appeared right in front of him, starting to pull him out of his room. He yelped as he was helplessly sucked into the portal, almost in a split second. Barely anyone had noticed, and those who had would probably dismiss it as their imagination running wild.

Cass couldn’t believe what he was seeing. It was like he was both falling and rising through this strange, otherworldly dimension. It looked similar to both the shooting star and the portal he had seen earlier, but like it had been turned into an infinite expanse of nothingness and color. It… didn’t really make much sense to be honest. Eventually, Cass noticed something. Deeper into the void, there was some kind of bright light. It felt strangely familiar to him, like... he had been here sometime ago? Before he could fully think over these thoughts, he noticed something or someone entering the light. “Hey! W-Whoever you are! Do you know where this is, cause I'm kinda-” He had barely finished speaking when the stranger had already dissapeared. "Lost." Cass looked defeated, but then he realized something. “If I just follow whoever that was, then I’ll be able to get some answers! …Hopefully.” He breathed in, and propelled himself forward. As he got closer to the light, he felt his vision get brighter and brighter, until he could barely see anymore.

He woke up moments later in a beach-like area. “Well, this… isn’t exactly what I was expecting when I got here. But sure, why not?” As he got up and walked up some nearby steps, he looked around and took in his surroundings. There was a forest nearby with a large gate, some mountains in the distance, and... a small town right to his left. "Could... could I have sent myself here by making that wish?" He looked both excited and worried at the same time. "Well, this is what I wanted, right?" He breathed in, and smiled. "I might as well try to figure this out." He started walking towards the town in search of answers, but as he got closer and closer, one thought was stuck in his head... why does this all feel so familiar?

Prologue FIN.

Last edited:
Ooh, really good start, I love this already! Can't wait to see more from this ^^

Ooh, really good start, I love this already! Can't wait to see more from this ^^
Thank you so much! I definitely think you’re gonna like some of the stuff I have planned for the future, but for now just stay tuned! :3

Chapter 1 Part 1

As Cass got closer to the town, he noticed someone near a bridge. He started running towards them, but she looked kind of worried about him for some reason. Cass looked confused. “Is everything ok?” The stranger pointed behind him calmly. Cass looked back and yelped. There was a monster behind him that was some kind of one eyed mishmash of a crab and a traffic cone. “W-What is that?!” The stranger walked next to him and smiled. “It’s called a Traffikrab. They can be pretty ornery when they first wake up.” Cass looked at the Traffikrab as it growled towards him. “Well… what should I do to get it away from me?” “You’ll need these.” She handed him a cassette recorder and some headphones. “...No offense, but how is this supposed to help exactly?” She smiled and handed him two tapes. One had a spookier aesthetic, while the other had a sweeter aesthetic. “Pick one and put it in the player. It’ll help with that Traffikrab.” Cass looked at the tapes, and decided to put the sweet themed one in the player. Then, he felt a bright light wash over him.

When he opened his eyes, something felt different. He was some kind of… candy devil? Cass started panicking internally. “What’s happening?! What… am I?! Am I still me, or a-am I just a monster now?!” The stranger looked over and smiled. “Hey, it’s ok. Just… breathe in and out. It was weird the first time I turned into a monster too.” Cass nodded, and breathed in and out a few times. “I feel a bit calmer now. Thanks.” The stranger smiled. “Good to hear. My name’s Kayleigh by the way.” Kayleigh put her tape into a cassette player and transformed into a bat-like creature with a microphone. “Now, let’s send this crab back to sea!” Kayleigh sent a blast of air at the Traffikrab, sending it flying into the air. “Now it’s your turn!” Cass looked worried. “W-Wait, how am I supposed to attack it?!” Kayleigh shrugged. “Use your imagination!”

Cass thought about it for a few moments and got an idea. He put his hands together and made a ball of candy, and then aimed it at the Traffikrab. “Eat this!” He sent it flying towards the Traffikrab, hitting it and sending it back into the ocean. Cass looked happy. “I did it… I did it!” He felt the light from before wash over him as he turned back to normal. Cass looked over at Kayleigh and smiled. “Hey… thanks for the help. I appreciate it!” She smiled back. “No problem, uh… I haven’t even asked your name, have I?” Cass reached his hand out for a handshake. “My name is Cass!” Kayleigh shook his hand. “Cass... why does that name feel familiar to me?" Kayleigh shrugged it off. "Well, I should show you around the town, there’s more that you’d probably like to see!” Cass looked slightly nervous. He wasn’t really sure what this strange new world would be like, or if his memories were adding up. It felt like he'd been here before, and at the same time... it didn't? He shook off his thoughts. "D-Don't worry about that for now. Just focus on going through the town and meeting some other nice people! I-It'll be just fine, right?!"

"...Right?"

So this is about all I've written so far! To be specific, this and the prologue were pretty much just edited for errors, lore inconsistencies, etc. From now on, I'm gonna have to write this along with my playthough that I haven't picked up in a few days, oof-. But, I'm gonna have to pause on the writing since I'm gonna be on break, and as much as this is a passion project for me, I know it's been a bit stressful to write this, so I'm gonna take a break until January. See you then, and I hope you've enjoyed REWIND so far!

Fellow cassette beasts player?! Let’s gooooooo
I have someone to share my CB stuff with and they’ll actually understand now lol
Ima follow you-

Chapter 1 Part 1

As Cass got closer to the town, he noticed someone near a bridge. He started running towards them, but she looked kind of worried about him for some reason. Cass looked confused. “Is everything ok?” The stranger pointed behind him calmly. Cass looked back and yelped. There was a monster behind him that was some kind of one eyed mishmash of a crab and a traffic cone. “W-What is that?!” The stranger walked next to him and smiled. “It’s called a Traffikrab. They can be pretty ornery when they first wake up.” Cass looked at the Traffikrab as it growled towards him. “Well… what should I do to get it away from me?” “You’ll need these.” She handed him a cassette recorder and some headphones. “...No offense, but how is this supposed to help exactly?” She smiled and handed him two tapes. One had a spookier aesthetic, while the other had a sweeter aesthetic. “Pick one and put it in the player. It’ll help with that Traffikrab.” Cass looked at the tapes, and decided to put the sweet themed one in the player. Then, he felt a bright light wash over him.

When he opened his eyes, something felt different. He was some kind of… candy devil? Cass started panicking internally. “What’s happening?! What… am I?! Am I still me, or a-am I just a monster now?!” The stranger looked over and smiled. “Hey, it’s ok. Just… breathe in and out. It was weird the first time I turned into a monster too.” Cass nodded, and breathed in and out a few times. “I feel a bit calmer now. Thanks.” The stranger smiled. “Good to hear. My name’s Kayleigh by the way.” Kayleigh put her tape into a cassette player and transformed into a bat-like creature with a microphone. “Now, let’s send this crab back to sea!” Kayleigh sent a blast of air at the Traffikrab, sending it flying into the air. “Now it’s your turn!” Cass looked worried. “W-Wait, how am I supposed to attack it?!” Kayleigh shrugged. “Use your imagination!”

Cass thought about it for a few moments and got an idea. He put his hands together and made a ball of candy, and then aimed it at the Traffikrab. “Eat this!” He sent it flying towards the Traffikrab, hitting it and sending it back into the ocean. Cass looked happy. “I did it… I did it!” He felt the light from before wash over him as he turned back to normal. Cass looked over at Kayleigh and smiled. “Hey… thanks for the help. I appreciate it!” She smiled back. “No problem, uh… I haven’t even asked your name, have I?” Cass reached his hand out for a handshake. “My name is Cass!” Kayleigh shook his hand. “Cass... why does that name feel familiar to me?" Kayleigh shrugged it off. "Well, I should show you around the town, there’s more that you’d probably like to see!” Cass looked slightly nervous. He wasn’t really sure what this strange new world would be like, or if his memories were adding up. It felt like he'd been here before, and at the same time... it didn't? He shook off his thoughts. "D-Don't worry about that for now. Just focus on going through the town and meeting some other nice people! I-It'll be just fine, right?!"

"...Right?"

So this is about all I've written so far! To be specific, this and the prologue were pretty much just edited for errors, lore inconsistencies, etc. From now on, I'm gonna have to write this along with my playthough that I haven't picked up in a few days, oof-. But, I'm gonna have to pause on the writing since I'm gonna be on break, and as much as this is a passion project for me, I know it's been a bit stressful to write this, so I'm gonna take a break until January. See you then, and I hope you've enjoyed REWIND so far!
Oh, and heads up, if you want the ask about anything, ask me! I’ve completed the game 3 times (yes ;w; ) and I’m quite close to 100%-ing it! Also I’ve watched a whole video play through of the dlc too (I don’t have the dlc rip)

Just a heads up, she's been inactive for quite a while, so I wouldn't expect a response any time soon. But I'm glad you like this, I agree it's really good =)

Back
Top Bottom