• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RM13: HD and Denise

The ocean...

• is a frand of min

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • has my brother

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • glows radiantly in the Autumn

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • brings joy to all of the good lawyers

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • smells

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • smells good

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • i don't know what that is

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • ...MAN TAKE ME BY THE HAND TAKE ME TO THE LAND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
*watches the Worf Effect kick in*

Phasers had no effect!

I've always found this counting of hits to be particularly irksome with these movies. It relies on a set of horribly unrealistic expectations.

Even in shooting, precision and accuracy are not the same thing. Precision is how closely you can group your shots, while accuracy is hitting your target. You can be highly precise without ever hitting your target, and highly accurate while still managing no precision at all. Most modern firearms training generally goes for a balance between the two.

The other is that, compared to many real-world militaries and even a lot of special forces units, the Storm Troopers have an amazing hit ratio. There are a number of real-world elite units where their average hit ratio is somewhere around four per one thousand shots fired. If you use their movie performance as any indication and judged by accuracy alone, the Storm Troopers would easily curb stomp most real-world militaries.

I know the difference between precision and accuracy.
I just find some if the shots the Stormtroopers missed to be rather ridiculous. But, if Rogue One is to be believed then main characters are given "plot armor" protection by the Force, so that they cannot be killed until their destiny is fulfilled. Those poor Stormtroopers never stood a chance. XD

And I'm turning rant mode off and going to bed. I'm in full Force in it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom