• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Kojiro's had enough :p

tumblr_npfb4s7V451rd4ymxo2_r2_500.gif

I quite like this thread they're pursuing with Musashi, with any luck we'll get a little more Rocketshipping juice out of the gag yet ;-)

Aww, Rocketshipping. I love this pairing so much. This was always my favorite pairing. I used to ship them together so hard and to be honest, I still do. I used to believe they were dating from the very first episode and I still do. This is just such a cute pairing and I love it. :)
People say Rocketshipping is DEAD.I think it was during BW but in XY, Rocketshipping is getting some focus.We have seen fear hugs(Although in very few episodes) in XY. In XY 63,We saw James crying for Jessie(Dude,I know you have feelings for her).And now in the recent episode(Ash and Serena getting one at a dance party) we got to see Jessie and James dancing!Rocketshipping is slowly getting back it's focus in the anime but no doubt, It was at it's prime during OS and DP.. ^^

Did you enjoy Kojiro's crazy cheering during the master class? I feel like their ending scene especially demonstrated growth in the relationship since the DP Grand Festival.

I'm not sure if Rocketshipping has regained the depth it had during DP (but it might just be me seeing that time period through rose tinted spectacles), but growth like that makes me feel like there's still ground to cover and gives me something to look forward to. And as a special bonus we've had quite a lot of physical contact recently, may it continue :p I think we're due for another Rocket episode soon, fingers crossed!

the way I see it their is a lot of potential they could help bring out the best in each other and clearly care deeply about each other but I feel the writers would have to tweak their characters slightly to show more hints of romance between them

the way I see it their is a lot of potential they could help bring out the best in each other and clearly care deeply about each other but I feel the writers would have to tweak their characters slightly to show more hints of romance between them
What would you like to see?

they need to show more glimpses of how they deeply care about each other like put them a life and death situation where Jessie's defences could be down so she can open up about her true feelings how ever cheesy that sounds

It's been ages since the last life and death situation hasn't it? Was the last one in DP? I wouldn't mind another Movie 8 style scenario at some point :p

And I agree that we could do with a bit more exposition on how deeply Musashi cares about Kojiro (even in XY we've had plenty demonstrating Kojiro's depth of feeling). I don't really believe that Musashi currently sees Kojiro in a romantic way though if that was what you meant?

I agree that their isn't necessary anything to suggest theirs massive romantic feelings on her part but I think she could form them I feel they would help cover each others weaknesses she could help become more mentally tough and he could help her open up more and be less guarded

I definitely agree that she could form them in future and that their strengths and weaknesses are complimentary!

Would you like to see it be canon in future?

sorry about late reply but I just lost my nan on Saturday my answer is yes I think it could be a interesting direction to take them in that could flesh their characters out more

As much as I love this pairing, it becoming canon now would not be as exciting. I want it to get some build up in the anime and I would love them to show just how much Jessie and James care for each other. Or maybe we see that they do have feelings for one another but are too afraid to tell the other, thinking they don't feel the same. Then right at the end they confess to each other.

That would be my ideal way for Rocketshipping to become canon.

I also prefer it (relatively) platonic for now. The occasions when we get some exposition on how much they care for each other (little ones and big) are a treat! Musashi is currently way too stuck in her mindset to see Kojiro in any other way. Something would need to happen, and I reckon that something would have to be the permanent dissolution of the Rocket organisation - the excuse that allows the 3 of them to be together.

Hello!
I've been lurking on this site for a while now, and I finally gathered the courage to at least say how much I love Jessie and James. I've been a Rocketshipper since the beginning (even if my 9 year old brain didn't know it at the time) and I've grown up with Team Rocket and Pokemon in general. Over the years, I check in with the latest happenings. Since it's summer, I've recently watched the XY Kalos season on my down time and the episode "A Fork in the Road A Parting of Ways" really got me loving this ship as strong as ever and the love these characters have for each other is so real. :D Anyways, so glad there's still a number of fans of these two out there!!

Last edited:
Hi, welcome!!! :-D I think you've picked a ripe time to catch up. XY 63 was a good'un and to some extent the fun continues - since then there have been plenty of lovely little moments for Rocketshippers to appreciate in some very run of the mill episodes. Definitely since the turn of the year 2016 we've had more physical and emotional closeness than we've seen for years!

I'm hoping their (apparently) more relevant role/separation from Nyasu in the movies will have allowed us a little something too.

Are you watching the dub or the original?

ETA: @Jeshi (or anyone) - have you watched it yet? It sounds like it's got some nice TRio scenes, was there anything shippy?

Last edited:
Thanks!! I totally agree, we have had some fantastic stuff lately. It's all so exciting! I love the way James (Kojiro...I don't know which names you guys go by on here haha) cheers on Jessie/Musashi during the contests. It's so adorable!! He just reminds me of a boyfriend just helping his girl achieve her dreams and offering his 100% support.

I watch both! I grew up with the dubs when I was a youngster obviously, but I watch the originals online when I can find them!

ETA: @Jeshi (or anyone) - have you watched it yet? It sounds like it's got some nice TRio scenes, was there anything shippy?
Yes, I watched it a few days ago and boy, was it good! *__* Rocketshipping in practically every scene they were in! :eek: They were holding hands like all the time XD There was also some WrongRocketshipping like Kojiro hugging Musashi's butt when he was about to fall or looking up her skirt lol
But my favorite was this scene:
tumblr_oatep8V4GF1sjhfmco1_500.gif

tumblr_oatep8V4GF1sjhfmco2_500.gif
DEM FEELS MAN, DEM FEELS ;___;

I love the way James (Kojiro...I don't know which names you guys go by on here haha) cheers on Jessie/Musashi during the contests.
Me too! Remember how he was during AG?! I remember despairing in early DP thinking he'd never get on her side. I wish they could have combined Musashi's DP contest arc with Kojiro's XY reactions (and that lovely seen with the implied glomp at the end of the Master Class!)
I watch both! I grew up with the dubs when I was a youngster obviously, but I watch the originals online when I can find them!
I think it's the same for most of us :) Drop me a PM if you need a hand with the latter.
But my favorite was this scene:
tumblr_oatep8V4GF1sjhfmco1_500.gif

tumblr_oatep8V4GF1sjhfmco2_500.gif
OMG this is... I don't even know how to express my emotions! The way her head squeezes into his chest in that first one is just :X3:

I had to watch the film after seeing that, and GOSH, what a lot of handholding they do! I counted 3-4 separate occasions I think!! Not to mention him climbing over her butt lmao. I missed the look up the skirt but oh well, I'm sure I'll catch it once the movie's out on DVD lol. Who is responsible for all this wonderful stuff? This must be the best Rocketshipping movie since Lucario...

(I also thought they were way better animated than usual, looking more like their old adult selves than the stupid derpy animation which has plagued them since AG.)

Me too! Remember how he was during AG?! I remember despairing in early DP thinking he'd never get on her side. I wish they could have combined Musashi's DP contest arc with Kojiro's XY reactions (and that lovely seen with the implied glomp at the end of the Master Class!)

I think it's the same for most of us :) Drop me a PM if you need a hand with the latter.

That glompy goodness at the end of the Master Class was GLORIOUS. She got spoiled by James that night, that's for sure! ;)

I most certainly will! Thanks for the warm welcome!! =D

Honestly, I really don't like the looks of the SM anime. Ash and the TRio's redesigns really bother me, to the point where I think I'll have trouble watching the show at all. I'll probably still give it a shot, but we'll see.
Thankfully, I've never watched much of DP, BW, or XY, so I have plenty to keep me occupied. lol

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom