• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Ash and the TRio's redesigns really bother me, to the point where I think I'll have trouble watching the show at all.
Have you seen the trailers? In what little we've seen of the TRio they look largely the same as before, I think it's only the official art where they look so weird.

In the meantime DP and XY are definitely worth a watch...

Have you seen the trailers? In what little we've seen of the TRio they look largely the same as before, I think it's only the official art where they look so weird.

In the meantime DP and XY are definitely worth a watch...
I've only seen the first trailer which, as I recall, didn't have the TRio in it. I'll check them out, thanks! :)

Ms Wafflez... it's never too late!

Is anyone watching the SM anime with any hopes/dreams/expectations? Their characters seem to really be back to friendship + lowest achieving villains status so I'm just looking forward to any interactions between them now. As ever, I'm hoping this will be the series when Rumika can again return (according to the games bottle caps are back so surely Kojiro's past is important again!) and remind us how much better Kojiro's relationship with Musashi is.

Hello. I've been reading the first thread and just found this one. I am a big Rocketshipper. I started liking Pokemon in fourth grade at the time of DP and fell in love with it after watching the third movie thanks to Team Rocket. A few days later,I watched the fourth movie and when Musashi/Jessie was kidnapped by the Iron Masked Marauder and Kojiro/James was so worried about her,I was thinking"Aww. He loves her." Could I join?

No need to ask! Welcome :) (As you can see this thread has been inactive af, but maybe we can change that?)

Which series have you watched/are you watching?
Any Rocketshipping faves?
How many thousands of posts did you read about Musashi and Kojiro during DP in the old thread before you gave up and found this one? :p

No need to ask! Welcome :) (As you can see this thread has been inactive af, but maybe we can change that?)

Which series have you watched/are you watching?
Any Rocketshipping faves?
How many thousands of posts did you read about Musashi and Kojiro during DP in the old thread before you gave up and found this one? :p
Thank you. A little bit of all of them. I especially love Training Daze. I'm currently on page 586. )

A/N After reading the the stuff on that thread,I've realized I've always seen them more as Musashi,Kojiro,and Nyasu than Jessie,James,and Meowth even though before reading this thread all I've ever seen is the dub version)

Last edited:
A little bit of all of them.
Are you watching SM?
I especially love Training Daze/Origin of Truth and Love.
Same here! Seeing that episode for the first time is what made me a Rocketshipper, and I am sure that every time I rewatch it, it reveals another layer of depth of meaning to their relationship!
A/N After reading the the stuff on that thread,I've realized I've always seen them more as Musashi,Kojiro,and Nyasu than Jessie,James,and Meowth even though before reading this thread all I've ever seen is the dub version)
I know exactly what you mean. Actually seeing the Japanese version was a revelation for me because they suddenly just made so much sense as characters! Have you ever seen Pokemon in Japanese?

I am but the subbed version. I'm hoping on finding the subbed versions of all my favorites although I can imagine it would be hard to find a subbed version of Pikachu Revolts.

I have a question. Shortly after I got into Pokemon,my cousin came to school one day with a card depicting Meowth on a pile of coins claiming he was the leader of Team Rocket. Then I said I thought it was Jessie. A little while later,he was telling me of an episode where a Pokemon called the Darkness nearly killed Pikachu but Meowth came running into the cave the twerps were in and Furyswiped it while Jessie and James kicked it from behind. I have a feeling there might be a bit of shippyness in an episode like that but I have not been able to find it yet. Any guesses on what this episode might be? (I've even written a fanfiction based on what this episode might be like and it got shippy at the end)

Last edited:
I am but the subbed version. I'm hoping on finding the subbed versions of all my favorites although I can imagine it would be hard to find a subbed version of Pikachu Revolts.
I don't believe subbed versions exist for that episode, or some of the OS Rocketshipping favourites like Guardie & Kojiro or the girls' day episode. Raw version are knocking around though if you're interested?
A little while later,he was telling me of this episode where a Pokemon called the Darkness nearly killed Pikachu but Meowth came running into the cave the twerps were in and Furyswiped it while Jessie and James kicked it from behind. I have a feeling there might be a bit of shippyness in an episode like that but I have not been able to find it yet. Any guesses on what this episode might be? (I've even written a fanfiction based on what this episode might be like and it got shippy at the end)
I'm afraid I've no idea what that might be! I've not heard of or seen such an episode. The closest I can think of is the end of Episode N where Nyasu at one point saves Pikachu's arse but I don't think there was anything shippy in it.

Have you seen XY 63?

I'm afraid I've no idea what that might be! I've not heard of or seen such an episode.
That's alright. I've had a feeling for a while my cousin made it up considering the supposed sprite of the Darkness is Giritina peering through the reverse world to ours in the Platinum opening. Guess it's better as a fanfiction.
Have you seen XY 63?
Yes I liked it though I was kind of disappointed in that I thought Jessie secretly loved James and they turned that into a gag where she likes Steven Stone.-_- But I loved it showed Jessie's softer side,James loves her,and the battle at the end was awesome.

Just finished reading the first thread! Tell me before I go off spreading the word about what PCI did to Jessie and her friendship with James and Meowth,did 4kids ever do things just as bad beside the whole 'James is gay' thing? Anyway,I saw a topic about Musashi and Kojiro would look like if they got new uniforms. While we now know thanks to BW,I always thought they'd become a color that really makes them pop so without further ado,my first attempt at drawing Musashi and Kojiro since my sad attempt at manga.
Google Docs - create and edit documents online, for free.
No lavendar coloring utensils.:cry:

Last edited:
I'm on episode 22 of Sun and Moon. In episode 8,a main character was revealed to live in a big,fancy mansion and had a butler named James. Could this be a reference to Holy Matrimony? Could they be foreshadowing Kojiro's parents and Rumika may be returning?! Could we get a Rocketshippy moment and could we possibly see interaction between Musashi and Rumika this time?! They better because as of episode 12,Musashi better make a move. They're also using Happinas in the Pokemon Centers. Could Musashi's friend possibly return?

On an unrelated note,if we make rocketshippy art taking place in the Alola region,should we use the current art style or the previous style?

Last edited:
In episode 25 of the aforementioned series,Kojiro jumped in front of Musashi to protect her from the giant Raticate. Does this count as a hint considering Nyasu was in Musashi's arms?

Last edited:
Just finished the first thread! Tell me before I go off spreading the word about what PCI did to Jessie and her friendship with James and Meowth,did 4kids ever do things just as bad beside the whole 'James is gay' thing?
I think "James is gay" was their main sin wrt Rocketshipping. I don't ever remember the TRio hating each other in the way they seem to in the TPCI dub.
Anyway,I saw a topic about Musashi and Kojiro would look like if they got new uniforms. While we now know thanks to BW,I always thought they'd become a color that really makes them pop so without further ado,my first attempt at drawing Musashi and Kojiro since my sad attempt at manga.
Google Docs - create and edit documents online, for free.
No lavendar coloring utensils.:cry:
Hey, for some reason I can't open this. Are you able to upload it onto something like imgur? I'd love to see it!
I'm on episode 22 of Sun and Moon. In episode 8,a main character was revealed to live in a big,fancy mansion and had a butler named James. Could this be a reference to Holy Matrimony. Could they be foreshadowing Kojiro's parents and Rumika may be returning?! Could we get a Rocketshippy moment and could we possibly see interaction between Musashi and Rumika this time?! They better because as of episode 12,Musashi better make a move. They're also using Happinas in the Pokemon Centers. Could Musashi's friend possibly return?
I would love any of these to be true! Surely Kojiro would have a holiday home in Alola?!
ATM though I have to admit I'm just waiting for them to return to the series... I can't deal with them disappearing for gaps this long!
On an unrelated note,if we make rocketshippy art taking place in the Alola region,should we use the current art style or the previous style?
It's entirely up to you! I don't think any rules apply when it comes to art :)
In episode 25 of the aforementioned series,Kojiro jumped in front of Musashi to protect her from the giant Raticate. Does this count as a hint considering Nyasu was in Musashi's arms?
I counted it as one :p

Hey, for some reason I can't open this. Are you able to upload it onto something like imgur? I'd love to see it!
I'm not sure how to do that. How do you do it?
I counted it as one :p
So should that be added to the list of Kojiro hints on the Rocketshipping page or should we wait for others on this thread to discuss it because it may be less shippy to some of the others?

Last edited:
So should that be added to the list of Kojiro hints on the Rocketshipping page or should we wait for others on this thread to discuss it because it may be less shippy to some of the others?
I have nothing to do with that wiki page, and tbh I think people just add whatever they fancy so feel free!
Rocketshipping
Try pressing this and see if a hand drawn picture of Musashi and Kojiro colored in pen pops up.
Aww hey how cute is that! Shiny boots/gloves are probably the right level of glamour for Musashi at least :LOL:

Aww hey how cute is that! Shiny boots/gloves are probably the right level of glamour for Musashi at least :LOL:
Thanks. I wanted to give Musashi and Kojiro a color that would really make them pop and bring out how dazzling their personalities are. I also meant for them to be closer but its been a long time since I've drawn them and I've never drawn people back to back. Next time I draw I'm going to Bewear's den.

Do you know if subs still exist for DP 146,DP 153,and the Chatot episode with the Officer Jenny who wanted to catch our favorite trio? I haven't seen any of those episodes yet and while it seems TPCI might have gotten the Chatot one from what I read on this thread,I'm not watching James dress as Jessie for a contest in fear of his life.

By the way,I finally got to the episode your avatar comes from. Give Mimikyu props,it only tried to kill Pikachu once in the whole game:)But did Takegami intend for Musashi falling for someone else in XY 63 to become a running gag because I feel as if someones trying to turn her into another Takeshi? Maybe Bewear is a secret Rocketshipper.

Its been in my head all day that at one point Team Rocket were supposed to be the main characters of Pokemon 2000. What would it have been like and how would it have impacted the anime and fanbase as a whole?! Would it have been Rocketshippy?!

Last edited:
Do you know if subs still exist for DP 146,DP 152,and the Chatot episode with the Officer Jenny who wanted to catch our favorite trio? I haven't seen any of those episodes yet and while it seems TPCI might have gotten the Chatot one from what I read on this thread,I'm not watching James dress as Jessie for a contest in fear of his life.
The entire 2nd half of DP is subbed & out there!
I only vaguely remember that Perap one though. What did TPCI allegedly do?
But did Takegami intend for Musashi falling for someone else in XY 63 to become a running gag because I feel as if someones trying to turn her into another Takeshi?
I think in 20 years Musashi has crushed on/talked about <10 guys, only 2 since XY 63, so I think it's a bit much to call her the next Takeshi! But I certainly felt like that episode and the instances since then have been there to reiterate how much settling down matters to her AND how innocent/oblivious she is in those matters.

Also, I'm not sure what role if any Takegami had in that episode. The reason we thought he was involved was because the magazine reveal of the crew credited him as a second writer to Yonemura, but that whole list was disproved (we had no idea beforehand that Iwane was animating) and Takegami wasn't actually listed in the episode's end credits.
Maybe Bewear is a secret Rocketshipper.
No doubt about it! :p
Its been in my head all day that at one point Team Rocket were supposed to be the main characters of Pokemon 2000. What would it have been like and how would it have impacted the anime and fanbase as a whole?! Would it have been Rocketshippy?!
M2 already was Rocketshippy right?! And they already kind of did feel like the main characters... I guess that was their best ever role in a movie *sob*

I think for them to have been the MAIN main characters, the plot would have had to directly affect them more than Satoshi +/- he would have to be disabled in some way shape or form (distracted by some pseudo threat .etc) It's honestly pretty hard for me to imagine what actually would happen and what they'd do given how little they have been allowed to do in movies and the tv show over the years!
Here's a topic; If Team Rocket got their own movie,what would the plot be and what Rocketshippy scenes would be in it?
As above, I'll have to let my imagination stew awhile and then I'll get back to you. What do you think?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom