• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
.. I think we might had found the source of the O-Powers (before ORAS)
I seriously doubt it's the O-Powers. The man said he gave them to a group of men, while Mr. Bonding is just one person. There's never any mention of star pulses in relation to O-Powers, and O-Powers didn't even appear in this game.

I seriously doubt it's the O-Powers. The man said he gave them to a group of men, while Mr. Bonding is just one person. There's never any mention of star pulses in relation to O-Powers, and O-Powers didn't even appear in this game.
Well, Mr. Bonding did form from a group of men. :p
This event also happened before that transformation.

The sound that plays when you recieve an O-Power also plays in that video.

The going theory is that the "star pulses" are what comprise O-Powers, and they were entrusted to Giddy, the Bard, the Hipster, the Trader, and the Storyteller ("a group of wonderful men") by the alien man. Then, those five guys gave their power to/fused with the "man with no power" who used to work at Sea Mauville, turning him into Mr. Bonding (who then left for Kalos).

The going theory is that the "star pulses" are what comprise O-Powers, and they were entrusted to Giddy, the Bard, the Hipster, the Trader, and the Storyteller ("a group of wonderful men") by the alien man. Then, those five guys gave their power to/fused with the "man with no power" who used to work at Sea Mauville, turning him into Mr. Bonding (who then left for Kalos).
That explains so much. Now the question remains: Where does the alien man come from exactly? :/

Whoops, I had my volume off while waching that! :p That makes more sense now!

That explains so much. Now the question remains: Where does the alien man come from exactly? :/

The planet Klyyxnyiar in the Malichnar galaxy?

A wormhole from O-Space?

He's a new form of Deoxys, fallen to Earth on one of the meteors that rained down in Hoenn's past?

What I wonder is, since when do Solrock and Lunatone have the ability to bestow these star pulses? Is the theory that they are extraterrestrial really true? Do both they and the alien man come from the same world?

The planet Klyyxnyiar in the Malichnar galaxy?

A wormhole from O-Space?

He's a new form of Deoxys, fallen to Earth on one of the meteors that rained down in Hoenn's past?

What I wonder is, since when do Solrock and Lunatone have the ability to bestow these star pulses? Is the theory that they are extraterrestrial really true? Do both they and the alien man come from the same world?
Solrock and Lunatone were both spotted at a meteorite site 40 years ago in Poke-Earth time. The event of the star pulses or pulsars happened 30 years ago in Poke-Earth time.

"But in the depths of my memory, I can still see the form of that dear Pokemon... As hazy and distant as a mirage..."
That dear Pokemon is definitely Lunatone/Solrock.
But the memory is very faded due to him having some memory loss.

"That Lunatone/Solrock you journey with... It's been... 30 years... But...."
He starts to recognise that "dear Pokemon" from 30 years ago. Lunatone/Solrock then use its mysterious power to restore the man's memory. So they must have originated from the same source. Oterwise, he wouldn't have recognised Lunatone/Solrock at all.

I think that he also mutters that he is looking for a Pokemon beginning with "Luna"/"Sol". Most people assumed Lunaala/Solgaleo, but how wrong we were. I wonder if there is a connection between Lunaala and Lunatone, and Solrock and Solgaleo. :/

Solrock and Lunatone were both spotted at a meteorite site 40 years ago in Poke-Earth time. The event of the star pulses or pulsars happened 30 years ago in Poke-Earth time.

That's a good point. Although, just to be cheeky:

KGSIkM7.jpg

Oops.

It may be an Ultra Wormhole they hail from instead of just space. I still think the next game will be based on the correlation of Zygarde and Necrozma interacting with Ultra Space to channel the power of Mega Evolution.

I'm a bit skeptical about the connection between Mega Evolution and Ultra Space. With the former, it's a result of the Ultimate Weapon and no universe where it doesn't exist has the mechanic present, whereas with Ultra Space we do know that they can exist in other worlds (with a couple characters even traveling through it) and thus can exist separate of Mega Evolution. Additionally, nothing that we've learned so far has connected Ultra Space to the power of Mega Evolution, nor has that element been shown to have any presence in the lore of Alola even with what little we know about Necrozma, so Mega Evolution doesn't have any effect on what happens in the game or its history.

That's not to say it can't be incorporated later, but I'm not seeing much that says that they will be. The lore of Alola is pretty distinct from the lore of Kalos, and they can function well without the other.

We shall see. I'm basing it solely off the Azoth theories. But where did Annabelle come from? Didn't she fall from an Ultra Wormhole?? If so, it would be taking the path to this world from her original using Ultra Space as a conduit.

Regardless, as far as AZOTH goes, the signs definitely point that direction. Take Azoth out, and I understand the skepticism. It just seems odd to have the main mechanic from the previous Gen be pretty much ignored and untouched throughout the game. We still have to have a way to get Mega stones that are currently unobtainable, and a new game focusing more on that aspect seems logical.

Not focusing on Mega Evolution makes sense; it got two whole games of focus and development. There's not really much more left to say about it. We know very well what it is, and spending more time treading over that would just be getting in the way of the new ideas that SM were introducing.

Besides, the Azoth "stuff," such as one can call an isolated use of the word with minimal fanfare "stuff," is irrelevant to SM. It was only ever the name of Team Magma/Aqua's plan.

Azoth Kingdom - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

So... Not just the plan name. And centered on a Sun/Moon mon. Just saying.

Yes, I'm aware of that. However, the games and the films are made by different people. Now, I don't know if the film writers merely lifted the name from ORAS while ignoring the context of it, or if they arrived at the term independently. But its use in the games (regarding Team Magma/Aqua's plan) and it's use in the anime (the name of a location) aren't connected.

To change the topic, well, Chinese leaks got most things correct for Sun/Moon atleast partially. But here's the titbit which was disproved completely...
Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja. (= false)
What if, this was a feature for the Stars version? Ash-Greninja could easily be an example in the case that the leaker didn't know about Battle Bond, and assumed that Ash-Greninja must use it?

It also fits into the 20 new Pokemon theory, and from Eurogamer, we also know that Sun, Moon and Stars were being developed alongside each other, so, they're in the realm of possibility.

Also, didn't the riddler say that the secret of the Starters was scrapped? What if it was scrapped for the Stars version?
Let the discussion begin!

Sun and Moon don't reference anything Azoth-related. I doubt that Stars will do more with Magearna, either.

And I wish any speculation about Z-forms would stay dead. Game Freak made Ash-Greninja event exclusive for a reason. Battle Bond's description specifically references Greninja, too.

The sooner we move on from Mega Evolution and Z-form shenanigans, the better.

And I wish any speculation about Z-forms would stay dead. Game Freak made Ash-Greninja event exclusive for a reason. Battle Bond's description specifically references Greninja, too.

I thought I had to reference this. It was rather weird that the Chinese leak had only 2 incorrect facts, one that you can ride almost every Pokemon (but you can ride some Pokemon, so that can maybe excuse it), and other was the part I just quoted. So, I thought it was worthy to mention that.
Why would a leaker mix just one bit of false info among all correct facts?

Why would a leaker mix just one bit of false info among all correct facts?

Who says is was intentional? Leakers are people, they can forget or misunderstand things, or just plain mess up.

Back
Top Bottom