• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Yea I've asked about the Gumby leaks before. They seemed legit.

Did you see all the red text in that leak, indicating the parts confirmed fake? Cause...there's a lot.

The few things they did get right can all be called lucky guesses imo, including a port of SM on the Switch. If they had actually named it 'Stars' it would've seemed more impressive, but a third version isn't exactly new and though it being on the next handheld/console hasn't happened before, it still wasn't a hard guess to make.

but they could've been saying it to throw us off

I think my theory that the Ultra Beasts are taking the forms of Kalos residents that Mohn remembers holds more weight for being true :p

I just shared that for Discussion. And also, it atleast means more than 'nothing'.

It said:
  • Secret Bases return, together with Aarune.
  • Postgame features Battle Frontier and will include some of gen 3 and 4’s Battle Frontier hosts. It’s set on a faraway island.
  • Postgame also features Pokémon Gyms and Houses.
  • There’s a Trial Captain for each type.
  • Charizard, Blastoise, Wigglytuff and the Gen 4 starters get Z-moves.
  • Z-forms basically function like Mega Evolution, but only for a few turns. There will be a cooldown after that.
  • Milotic and Jynx get an Mega Evo.
  • The middle forms are named Rotalon, Blaline and Enteeal.
  • Moon forms: M Rowlet is a wizard (Grass/Psychic), M Popplio is a beast (Water/Fighting) and M Litten (Fire/Poison) seems to look like some sort a villainous beast. M Litten stands up when it attacks.
  • Etc.
Trust me, that leak means nothing :p

It said:
  • Secret Bases return, together with Aarune.
  • Postgame features Battle Frontier and will include some of gen 3 and 4’s Battle Frontier hosts. It’s set on a faraway island.
  • Postgame also features Pokémon Gyms and Houses.
  • There’s a Trial Captain for each type.
  • Charizard, Blastoise, Wigglytuff and the Gen 4 starters get Z-moves.
  • Z-forms basically function like Mega Evolution, but only for a few turns. There will be a cooldown after that.
  • Milotic and Jynx get an Mega Evo.
  • The middle forms are named Rotalon, Blaline and Enteeal.
  • Moon forms: M Rowlet is a wizard (Grass/Psychic), M Popplio is a beast (Water/Fighting) and M Litten (Fire/Poison) seems to look like some sort a villainous beast. M Litten stands up when it attacks.
  • Etc.
Trust me, that leak means nothing :p

I think this is right. I think I began searching the leaks becuase there was nothing to discuss. No info about the Switch or Stars, no leaks, the earth is very barren XD

I think the only leak that may still have more to offer is this one:
  • No gyms.
  • More than one evo for Rockruff (including a werewolf).
  • Yungoos’ evolution is fat and hairy.
  • Time works differently in each version. (Moon is set 12 hours apart from Sun)
  • New forms for old Pokémon (not Megas, think Shellos/Wormadam) (=Alolan forms)
  • Pokémon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats.
  • The stone bracelet has nothing to do with Synchro Evolution.
  • Ash-Greninja is in the game.
  • S.S. Anne appears in the game.
  • Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokémon than last gen.
  • Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances.
  • Furfrou’s hair can be changed in the new Amie.
Obviously the points about the VC Pokémon's stats and Furfrou's hair being changed in Refresh are bunk, but maybe the Lance, Zinnia, AZ, and S.S. Anne cameos were only included in Stars. Or, maybe there's nothing to them. It's a very slim chance at best.

S.S. Anne appears in the game.

Maybe it could take us to Kanto? Add it to all the Lillie Kanto hints and you get a good chance for a Kanto Revisit in the game. They could use the Kanto Postgame as a sales tool, banking on nostalgia of people who played SM, and offer the new chance to a console audience.

Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances.

I think Lance would make sense with the Kanto theory. Zinnia could explain the wormholes, I guess? And AZ could wrap up Zygarde plot.

Maybe it could take us to Kanto? Add it to all the Lillie Kanto hints and you get a good chance for a Kanto Revisit in the game. They could use the Kanto Postgame as a sales tool, banking on nostalgia of people who played SM, and offer the new chance to a console audience.

I am of course in the camp that believes we'll be getting Kanto sequels in due time, so personally, I think the S.S. Anne would just be a way to hint at that a little more. In-game, I guess it could function as a Royal Unova-type deal. My original thinking was that it would feature Trainers who use Kantonian Form Pokémon, but that role has obviously been filled by the Sightseers. They could do more with Red and Blue, though.

At any rate, I doubt we'll see Kanto in Stars's post-game. Why go through all the effort to give Kanto a full-scale makeover just for bonus content in an SM port? They could easily make a whole game out of a modernized Kanto/Johto adventure. Stars isn't going to be a big deal overall since it's a game most people have already played, so 2018 needs to see a big release. What else could they do other than Kanto? Default to the ever-predictable Sinnoh remakes? I'm sure those are coming, but I think they'd be smarter to hold off for a generation, just to keep people on their toes.

I think Lance would make sense with the Kanto theory. Zinnia could explain the wormholes, I guess? And AZ could wrap up Zygarde plot.

Lance is particularly interesting to me since Kukui mentions having battled him in the past when he took on the Indigo League. Could be neat to see them interact.

Back during the prerelease period, I figured that Zinnia would simply be the Dragon Ascent tutor. Instead, it was just a generic old guy NPC in Seafolk... hmm. Though it's not as if the wormholes need much more of an explanation, either. So I don't really know why she'd be there. I like her, so I wouldn't have a problem with it if she showed up, but it's easy for me to believe that her inclusion in the leak was just fluff.

As for AZ resolving the Zygarde thing, sure I guess, but I'd be a little irked that they couldn't have just gotten that over with in SM. I've theorized that he could be the creator of Magearna, but I think it's also possible that we're just supposed to infer that Magearna's backstory in the movie is canonical to the games. Still, its Original Color form is in the coding, if they want to use it. Maybe he refurnishes our Magearna?

Additionally, they could all show up in the Battle Tree (hello, sudden reason for AZ's Floette to be in the code). I think we all agree that the team-up options for the Tree are quite lacking, no?

Last edited:
Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances.

I don't necessarily think we can trust that guess too much. Looker, Cynthia, and Blue were pretty obvious; all three have appeared in quite a few games. Lance has as well. So those four and Red pretty much make up the list of characters reliable to make a return.

Zinnia was created primarily for a remake, and AZ has a lot of story potential. I think they were just guessing these would be two more characters that would be reliable returns.

I don't necessarily think we can trust that guess too much. Looker, Cynthia, and Blue were pretty obvious; all three have appeared in quite a few games. Lance has as well. So those four and Red pretty much make up the list of characters reliable to make a return.

Zinnia was created primarily for a remake, and AZ has a lot of story potential. I think they were just guessing these would be two more characters that would be reliable returns.

Normally I'd agree, but the fact that the leak got so much else correct makes it a bit less likely that they were just guessing. They could have thrown them in as guesses or false padding, I'm not denying that. But the leak was accurate enough to at least make me consider the possibility that there could be more to it.

Normally I'd agree, but the fact that the leak got so much else correct makes it a bit less likely that they were just guessing. They could have thrown them in as guesses or false padding, I'm not denying that. But the leak was accurate enough to at least make me consider the possibility that there could be more to it.

There could be. Maybe we're looking at cut content or future DLC material in that list?

Back
Top Bottom