• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
That's a pretty overly safe guess. Ho-Oh has been promoted with the movie already-it's like saying that you expect the movie Sing to have a pig in it because you saw a pig in the trailer-you're right, but it's not exactly impressive. Necrozma's a guess to be expected because of the rainbow/prism theme, plus how little is known about it now. (Though I'll say I seriously doubt it's correct-we haven't even seen Solgaleo or Lunala, and Ho-Oh/Necrozma doesn't really make sense for a duo when compared to Ho-Oh/Lugia) And he just guesses that "one more Pokemon" will appear? Of course there'll be more than two Pokemon! It's a Pokemon movie!

Of course "one more" is meaning special one like legendary, don't try to be "smart" here.

That's a pretty overly safe guess. Ho-Oh has been promoted with the movie already-it's like saying that you expect the movie Sing to have a pig in it because you saw a pig in the trailer-you're right, but it's not exactly impressive. Necrozma's a guess to be expected because of the rainbow/prism theme, plus how little is known about it now. (Though I'll say I seriously doubt it's correct-we haven't even seen Solgaleo or Lunala, and Ho-Oh/Necrozma doesn't really make sense for a duo when compared to Ho-Oh/Lugia) And he just guesses that "one more Pokemon" will appear? Of course there'll be more than two Pokemon! It's a Pokemon movie!
He's saying that there's one more heavily marketed Pokemon in terms of merchandise, not like "one more" Pokemon will appear in the movie.

Call this speculation, but I know it would seem like marshadow wouldn't fit, but what if marshadow loses control over power (like another form), and necromza and ho-oh team up to convert their power to light, then the theme of light vs dark would take effect *signal Star Wars dark side theme*

Of course "one more" is meaning special one like legendary, don't try to be "smart" here.
The post said "three hidden Pokemon", not "special or legendary". Lack of clarification on someone else's part doesn't mean I'm intentionally misinterpreting them. (And the rest of my points still stand)
Call this speculation, but I know it would seem like marshadow wouldn't fit, but what if marshadow loses control over power (like another form), and necromza and ho-oh team up to convert their power to light, then the theme of light vs dark would take effect *signal Star Wars dark side theme*
I feel like if they were really going to do a Dark vs Light/Evil vs Good theme, they would have given us a Light type by now. (The Dark type is supposed to be the "evil" type, anyways, but I'm guessing you'd expect Marshadow to change form.)

I feel like if they were really going to do a Dark vs Light/Evil vs Good theme, they would have given us a Light type by now. (The Dark type is supposed to be the "evil" type, anyways, but I'm guessing you'd expect Marshadow to change form.)

They gave us two. Check the original weaknesses of the Dark type.

The fairy type is a weakness for a different reason, but definitely not a heroic type.

Psychic type is the new "Light Type". I thought it would be Fairy since it makes sense (Fairies gives off light and stuff), but someone pointed out the use of Psychic type on Solgaleo/Lunala, and Necrozma which is the Prism/Light Legendary

Fairy type wouldn't make sense for that. It's pretty much based off of Celtic gods and modern myths about fairies.

That's why the weakness to steel and poison, why it's not as effective against fire, and why it shrugs off fighting types and dark types equally. The only thing that isn't based on that is the reaction the type has to dragons, but GF outright admitted they created the type to balance out Dragon types.

Do we have confirmation of an announcement coming on Pokemon Day (anniversary)? Or are we just assuming?

Personally, I'm half expecting the announcement of GSC on 3DS virtual console any day now. PokeBank data mining "confirmed" it. A surprise release of GSC on the anniversary, exactly one year after RBY would be super awesome (and not super unlikely, I guess?).

One of the maddest wishes I have for 'Pokemon Day' is the announcement of some old Pokemon game on the Switch virtual console (if it has one, or the equivalent).

One of the maddest wishes I have for 'Pokemon Day' is the announcement of some old Pokemon game on the Switch virtual console (if it has one, or the equivalent).

Would be nice. Though, unfortunately, Nintendo apparently confirmed no VC at launch. Not sure how long the wait will be.

Would be nice. Though, unfortunately, Nintendo apparently confirmed no VC at launch. Not sure how long the wait will be.

Let's hope they do it soon... I just hope they realise how many folks they'll lure in by offering Pokemon virtual console to players.
I think we'll have RBY virtual console as sort of default, for people to kill time while waiting for Stars.

They gave us two. Check the original weaknesses of the Dark type.
Sorry, I'm not being quite clear. When I said Dark vs Light/Evil vs Good, I wasn't listing that as being the same thing-I meant it as combining elemental light and darkness into the concept of good vs evil, where elemental light would symbolize good and elemental darkness would symbolize evil. Because we do not have an elemental light type, this does not seem to be planned for the future. (And most of the elemental darkness moves-Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Bone-are Ghost-type, instead of being put on the "evil" Dark type)

While we certainly have our hero type, the Fighting type is far from an elemental light type. And GojiWright's speculation was that Necrozma and Ho-Oh would symbolize light-neither one of them are Fighting or Bug type.

While we certainly have our hero type, the Fighting type is far from an elemental light type. And GojiWright's speculation was that Necrozma and Ho-Oh would symbolize light-neither one of them are Fighting or Bug type.

They symbolise light because of their concepts. Ho-Oh is the rainbow Pokemon, and Necrozma is the Prism Pokemon. When light passes through a prism, it is divided into the seven colours of a rainbow. That is why Necrozma and ho-oh combined would symbolise light.
Their typing does not influence their lore. And we can also argue that fire generates 'light'.

Sorry, I'm not being quite clear. When I said Dark vs Light/Evil vs Good, I wasn't listing that as being the same thing-I meant it as combining elemental light and darkness into the concept of good vs evil, where elemental light would symbolize good and elemental darkness would symbolize evil. Because we do not have an elemental light type, this does not seem to be planned for the future. (And most of the elemental darkness moves-Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Bone-are Ghost-type, instead of being put on the "evil" Dark type)

I don't think they would be using typing for this. Solgaleo is supposed to be the Sun, yet it's not a fire type.

So, I would say to ignore typing for this.

I'm aware of this. My point wasn't that we won't get anything related to light-it was that light vs dark is not going to be the equivalent of morally good vs morally bad in Pokemon.
EDIT: Whoops, my bad, missed the new page, so this comes out of context. My bad!

Possible movie trailer within 24 hours? Just a idea/guess. Or April 1st since that's the 20th anniversary about the anime?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom