• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
If Game Freak doesn´t release GSC on VC, they are stupid. And now is the best time to put them on VC, along with Go adding the Johto Poemon.

As a Johto fan, I feel very annoyed about that.

Maybe you should wait for Gen 2 VC on the Switch?

Also, I find it strange that no important announcement was made on Pokemon Day.

Maybe you should wait for Gen 2 VC on the Switch?
Well, if Pokemon is gonna move to Switch permanently, I think having GSC on the 3DS, would be a nice little thing for us 3DS users, as a "compensation".

And Gen I and II are connected. Gen I VC is on the 3DS family, and Gen II should stay there as well.

I'd love for GSC to be available on the 3DS, but if they feel it's not worth putting it there, then that's just how it's going to be. They're not going to compensate us for anything.

Personally, I'm not going to get into the habit of expecting Pokémon Day announcements.

I just wanna point out that I used inverted commas when I said that putting GSC on the 3DS VC would be a way for GF to "compensate" us 3DS users. I didn´t mean compensate in the literal sense that they owe us something.

Like, it´s not that they would actually be doing it to compensate us about anything. But it would be a nice and sensible thing from GF´s part: those who want a new Pokemon game have to buy the Switch, but those who don´t own a Switch yet, can still have tons of Poke-fun with the VC GSC release.

It would also be more beneficial for GF to put the GSC VC release on the 3DS than on the Switch, since a lot more fans would own a 3DS console...

Last edited:
I just wanna point out that I used inverted commas when I said it that putting GSC on the 3DS VC would be a way to "compensate" us 3DS users. I didn´t mean compensate in the literal sense that they owe us something.

Like, it´s not that they would actually be doing it to compensate us about anything. But it would be a nice and sensible thing from GF´s part: those who want a new Pokemon game have to buy the Switch, but those who don´t own a Switch yet, can still have tons of Poke-fun with the VC GSC release.

I understood your meaning; what I was getting at was simply that I don't think "it'd be a nice thing to do" factors very heavily into their decisions.

Although realistically, I don't see how there could be more benefit in keeping Gen 2 VCs exclusive to the Switch. It's a comparatively low-resource project and doesn't exactly become a major selling point for the Switch (popular though the Gen 1 VCs may have been, they're definitely something for the smaller base of hardcore fans), and as you say, putting them on the 3DS as well would seem to equal more money overall.

Masuda or someone had stated they had no intentions of putting Gen II on VC currently.

They've lied in the past. Also, we know that to be false. Dataminers found data for GSC (logos/markers) in Pokebank.

If Game Freak don´t release GSC on VC, they would be stupid. And now is the best time to put them on VC, along with Go adding the Johto Pokemon.

As a Johto fan, I feel very annoyed about that.

Same here. The fact they haven't put GSC up there yet is baffling. It's such an easy thing to do that would be hugely successful. I fully expected it to be there at least by Pokemon Day yesterday. It's very stupid, I agree. If nothing else, at least we know it is coming because of the Pokebank datamining. But it is definitely late.

They've lied in the past.

Not only that, but what Masuda actually said (at least according to the IGN interview, where they irritatingly do not provide a direct quote) was that there were "no plans at the moment." That hardly demolishes the possibility, and it's a textbook example of the "Even if they are planning on doing it, they're not going to give it away right now in a random interview when they're not yet ready to" scenario.

Not only that, but what Masuda actually said (at least according to the IGN interview, although they irritatingly do not provide a direct quote) was that there were "no plans at the moment." That hardly demolishes the possibility, and it's a textbook example of the "Even if they are planning on doing it, they're not going to give it away right now in a random interview when they're not yet ready to" scenario.

I would agree, however data from the Pokebank datamine suggests they have planned on it ;)

Though, of course, they wouldn't actually say that haha

Hopefully they come sooner rather than later. I thought Pokemon Day, yesterday would've been the perfect time since it was a year since RBY came on VC and since Pokemon GO added gen 2 a week or so ago. Maybe they have a better idea for release time. Hopefully soon. I can't imagine them waiting until 2019 for the 20th anniversary of gen 2.

It's also possible they added the data support in case they decide to do it later so they wouldn't close off that option to themselves, and honestly didn't have any actual plans to do it at the time of that interview.

There are a large number of developers that do things like this, and sometimes they end up not using those resources. In this case, the only reason I can see for them not to do it at some point is if they're too busy with other projects, so I fully expect GSC on VC at some point.

It's also possible they added the data support in case they decide to do it later so they wouldn't close off that option to themselves, and honestly didn't have any actual plans to do it at the time of that interview.

Very true. We should keep in mind Bank's two unused pentagon IDs, which were obviously~ proof of X2Y2, except...

That quote was a year ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if we are getting it this year.

Good to know! That's probably the case then.

My anticipation for GSC is even greater in some ways, since they could easily release it on the day they announce it. Any day now is technically possible.

Personally, I'm not pumped for VC versions. Granted, it's inevitable they're coming, so I'm not arguing they won't appear. Just re releasing old titles, even with transfer ability, is lame. Remakes would Jack me up, but VC just doesn't do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom