• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/841696056299651073

According to PokeShopper:
Piplup, Bewear, Mimikyu and Sun Moon Ash cap Pikachu will all get special release plush by Takara Tomy this summer.

This should be tied to the movie, and should hint at Gen 4 remakes.

This should be the 3 plushes the Chinese Riddler was talking about!

Last edited:
GSC have more of a reason than the other games to release on the Virtual Console though, the internal battery. With RBY, you can pick up your old game and it'll probably still work. But by now I'm sure that every original battery in the Gen 2 games has dried up (Maybe not Crystal, but definitely Gold and Silver) along with everyone's childhood save files. Not everyone is willing to crack open their games and replace the battery, which can be a very delicate and tricky process even if you know what you're doing.

Considering a lot of Gen 2 games are out of commission, it gives Gamefreak a good incentive to re-release the games. But then again, this is Gamefreak we're talking about. You never know what kind of logic they'll follow.

Also Gold and Silver released on November 21st in Japan. Just keep that date in mind. ;)

I stated elsewhere I don't think this is related to Pokemon. GF is beginning to branch out into other games, after all.

But, what could it mean? Hmm...

It could mean everything about how we play Pokemon is about to change.

One of the primary reasons for hiring a motion designer that I can think of would be if they were moving to a full 3D game (we haven't actually had one yet), which would possibly be necessitated by the Switch. In such a case, we could be looking at something more akin to Skyrim and Fallout in world design, where instead of wandering around grass until you flash to a battle, you actually see the Pokemon out and about in real time... and can choose to have your Pokemon following you the entire time, or deploy it as needed.

Someone should ask Nintendo when the Classic Gen 2 Games will be rerelease on Eshop & there going be remakes of the Gen 4 Games coming out this year also going Pokémon Stars going out next too?

I stated elsewhere I don't think this is related to Pokemon. GF is beginning to branch out into other games, after all.

But, what could it mean? Hmm...

It could mean everything about how we play Pokemon is about to change.

One of the primary reasons for hiring a motion designer that I can think of would be if they were moving to a full 3D game (we haven't actually had one yet), which would possibly be necessitated by the Switch. In such a case, we could be looking at something more akin to Skyrim and Fallout in world design, where instead of wandering around grass until you flash to a battle, you actually see the Pokemon out and about in real time... and can choose to have your Pokemon following you the entire time, or deploy it as needed.
But it says in Japanese that it's for an RPG that's popular overseas, and GF only has one RPG that's popular overseas-- Pokemon.

Someone should ask Nintendo when the Classic Gen 2 Games will be rerelease on Eshop & there going be remakes of the Gen 4 Games coming out this year also going Pokémon Stars going out next too?

1. Nintendo wouldn't be the ones to ask those questions; Game Freak would.

2. Game Freak aren't going to admit to any of them simply because someone asks them. They'll give generic non-answers, which they have, in fact, already done for the Gen 2 VCs and Gen 4 remakes. They are only going to tell us about upcoming releases when they are ready to do so.

But it says in Japanese that it's for an RPG that's popular overseas, and GF only has one RPG that's popular overseas-- Pokemon.

Interesting. My guess would be they need more staff for Pokemon model motions for a future project.

That's why I've since come to suspect that it's for Pokemon.

Interesting. My guess would be they need more staff for Pokemon model motions for a future project.
It could still be for later games instead of Stars though, such as Gen 8.
The Riddler once said somewhere that it takes 3 years to produce one Gen.

I think it's possible to reuse 3DS models for Stars, if Stars is real.
The same 3D models look ok without the lines on Pokemon GO, so it probably will be ok on the Switch if they delete the lines.

Here's something that's not a rumor: The positions Game Freak is hiring for.

We saw motion designer, but apparently map modeler is one of the positions.

Hmmmm very interesting. A map modeler huh? That tells me that whatever the Pokemon game they're hoping to use said modeler for is, it'll likely have a map very different from what we've had before. Here's hoping for a map that feels even bigger and (even if it's not fully open world) maybe even less linear that in the past lol

Hmmmm very interesting. A map modeler huh? That tells me that whatever the Pokemon game they're hoping to use said modeler for is, it'll likely have a map very different from what we've had before. Here's hoping for a map that feels even bigger and (even if it's not fully open world) maybe even less linear that in the past lol
Eh, maybe. I feel like remodeling a previous region would take just as much work as making something new.

1. Nintendo wouldn't be the ones to ask those questions; Game Freak would.

2. Game Freak aren't going to admit to any of them simply because someone asks them. They'll give generic non-answers, which they have, in fact, already done for the Gen 2 VCs and Gen 4 remakes. They are only going to tell us about upcoming releases when they are ready to do so.
Hope it be around this mouth or next so will play the games on 3ds & Switch.

Hope it be around this mouth or next so will play the games on 3ds & Switch.
If GF decides to make a pokemon game to switch and 3ds, It would be better if it's on Switch, If stars turns out to be true, then we'll likely to see on Switch only than 3ds

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/841696056299651073

According to PokeShopper:
Piplup, Bewear, Mimikyu and Sun Moon Ash cap Pikachu will all get special release plush by Takara Tomy this summer.

This should be tied to the movie, and should hint at Gen 4 remakes.

This should be the 3 plushes the Chinese Riddler was talking about!

The piplup doll is actually promoting the new pokemon movie. Of course we didn't know that then, but now is perfectly explained. Unless something is announced by e3, I don't think anything new will be released anytime this year, maybe GSC but IDK.

Edit: Also I read that wrong as thinking the piplup doll was solely promoting gen four remakes and not the movie. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom