• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
May I remind people we don't know for sure what the next games will be? I wasn't part of the fandom back then, but it seems many people were convinced Pokémon Z would be a thing (maybe some were mislead by the name of the last season of the anime: XYZ).

Don't get your hopes too high.

Battle Frontier. Is is truly a coincidence that the last gen to feature a 3rd version game was also the last one to have a frontier? :p
No, it´s definitely not a coincidence. They have only dedicated time to creating a Battle Frontier in Emerald and Platinum (third versions), because they had nothing else to work on (nothing major, at least).

The thing is, Battle Frontier is a very good feature, that I would rather have, than not have. But it has become too much of an overhyped meme these days. To the point that, I am not so bothered by the absence of the BF in more recent games, so much as I am bothered by the incessant whining that said absence causes in some fellow forums members. That whining, and "no BF = inferior game" mentality of some people, is affecting my enjoyment of newer games far more than the absence of the BF itself. (i know I shouldn´t care what other players think, but when you spend so much time in the online Pokemon comunity, other people´s whining becomes annoying).

Last edited:
No, it´s definitely not a coincidence. They have only dedicated time to creating a Battle Frontier in Emerald and Platinum (third versions), because they had nothing else to work on (nothing major, at least).

The thing is, Battle Frontier is a very good feature, that I would rather have, than not have. But it has become too much of an overhyped meme these days. To the point that, I am not so bothered by the absence of the BF in more recent games, so much as I am bothered by the incessant whining that said absence causes in some fellow forums members. That whining, and "no BF = inferior game" mentality of some people, is affecting my enjoyment of newer games far more than the absence of the BF itself. (i know I shouldn´t care what other players think, but when you spend so much time in the online Pokemon comunity, other´s people whining becomes annoying).
Definitely. For me, s long as there is something other than the standard Battle Tower, we don't need a BF. Gen V had the PWT, and Sun and Moon have the Battle Royal Dome for alternative facilities. Basically, as long we aren't stuck with only having a Battle Tower variant (like GF decided for Gen VI for some reason), it'll be okay.

Definitely. For me, s long as there is something other than the standard Battle Tower, we don't need a BF. Gen V had the PWT, and Sun and Moon have the Battle Royal Dome for alternative facilities. Basically, as long we aren't stuck with only having a Battle Tower variant (like GF decided for Gen VI for some reason), it'll be okay.
I agree. As long as a game has something more than the typical Battle Tower clone (Vanilla Singles, Vanilla Doubles, Multi), I am fine.

Where I disagree with you is that I prefer what Gen VI offers over what Sun/Moon offers. Gen VI doesn´t just have a simple Battle Tower clown (Singles, Doubles and Multi) like other generations. The Gen VI Battle Maison also includes Triple and Rotation battles, which are not standard Tower clone options (and weren´t even featured in the Tower clone of the games that introduced them: the Gen V Battle Subway only has vanilla Single, Double and Multi options; Triple and Rotation can only be challenged in the PWT in Gen V, which is a special facility).

And then Gen VI games also had the Battle Institute, a separate facility with different rules from the Vanilla Battle Tower, which people often ignore in these discussions. (Gen V also had the Battle Institute but people forget that as well).

And while SM added the Battle Royal on top of the vanilla Battle Tower clone (the Tree), they removed Triple, Rotation and Battle Institute, ending up with overall less battle options than XY/ORAS.

So overall, as long as a game offers more Battle options than the Vanilla Tower clones, I am ok.

Last edited:
Most people never cared about triple/rotation or the Battle Institute.

I don´t care about Triple battles or the Battle Institute myself (that doesn´t change the fact they exist, and SM removed them, let´s not move the goalposts of the discussion like that). But Rotation battles are cool and unique imo.

Also, I know a lot of pissed off people about the removal of Triple and Rotation battles. So yeah.

Last edited:
How?

The many times I have seen people ranting about the removal of Triples and Rotation battles, here and on other Poke- forums, I never cared to save the links of said conversations.

I didn´t know that one day a user on bulbagarden would demand me to "prove it!" out of the blue, intead of just trying to find the evidence himself/ herself...

Sorry for not being able to help you. Google can help you, though.

Last edited:
That's nice. I've been watching this forum for a while and don't appreciate being called random.

Sorry, I didn´t mean it in an offensive way. I meant random as in, your request was very sudden and random. You don´t just demand people to prove stuff to you like that, especially when you could look for the proof yourself.

I edited my post to avoid the misunderstanding, though.

Last edited:
That's nice. I've been watching this forum for a while and don't appreciate being called random.

I have to agree with @Meta Boss on this one. I apologize for not remembering their usernames, but when the fact that Triple and Rotation battles were removed from Sun and Moon was confirmed, there were a couple users in the Sun/Moon topic forums at the time who were absolutely outraged about it. They were a minority (personally, I never cared for those battle modes), but they certainly exist. However, I can only hope they see this and reply, as neither me nor @Meta Boss have any reasonable means to just give you their posts. I assure you it's true. Multiple people, even if they are a small minority, hated the removal or double and triple battles. They were very vocal and even considered not buying SM (no clue if they actually did or not).

Well Hoshi is Kiawe's sister in the anime. Could there be a connection?

Hoshi is anime-only, so I find it doubtful. Maybe it's just me being sceptical, but I don't think an anime-only character and an important in-game character would share a name. But who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Back
Top Bottom