• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
If it's confirmed they will release "Stars" on Switch, I think they do want to release a Pokémon game on Switch, right?
Yeah, it doesn't make since to criss cross between system, especially third game being release on switch, now people have to buy a switch in order for them to play pokemon star, now i know GF would be that crazy enough to do that, if they want to release Pokemon Star it should be on 3DS and waited for gen 8 for switch exclusive

For right now let's take this pokemon star as a grain of salt
I am taking it with a considerable grain of salt, but everybody else is acting like Stars has been CONFIRMED or ALMOST CONFIRMED.

It is very annoying, especially since it is SM's release date. And everybody seems to be bashing SM's fps, lags, frame rate, loading screens, flaws and similar shit, instead of focusing on the actual games! People are basically hoping for a BETTER version of SM from SM's very first day of existance! And treating that rumored improved version as a CONFIRMED FACT.

It is the whole Z discussion all over again, but worse. Because the Z wars started after most people had already finished XY. And this is happening since SM's day 1. It's crazy.

Thank you, Eurogamer! :)

Last edited:
I am taking it with a considerable grain of salt, but everybody else is acting like Stars has been CONFIRMED or ALMOST CONFIREMD.

It is very annoying, especially since it is SM's release date. And everybody seems to be bashing SM's fps, lags, loading screens and similar shit, instead of focusing on the actual games! People are basically hoping for a BETTER version of SM from SM's first day of existance. And treatng said improved version as a CONFIRMED FACT.

It is the whole Z argument all over again, but even more annoying.
You know what it does feel like Pokemon Z all over again, but Pokemon Z didn't happen, so it'll likely won't happen, you know what should happen, Gen 4 remake needs to happen :D

You know what it does feel like Pokemon Z all over again, but Pokemon Z didn't happen, so it'll likely won't happen, you know what should happen, Gen 4 remake needs to happen :D
Sinnoh remakes, Kanto Sequels, Alola Sequels, whatever, but ON THE 3DS. And Kanto sequels is my personal bet and preference...

I know, my "If" sentence was meant to be in the future "If it's one day confirmed..."
We don't know anything on Pokemon Star, we don't if it's true or not, what if it turns out to be another pokemon z rumor,we'll jst take this as a grain of salt

Well, Pokemon Star, if it's real, would make SM seem like a beta and SM would lose sales as a result. This also occurred with the 3DS and Wii U versions of SSB4. Also, GF starts off every new console with a new gen. It would also be another Gen 3 situation because of lack of backward compatibility with the 3DS.

If you actually read the rumor, then you'd know it'd say that Pokemon Sun/Moon on 3DS and Pokemon Stars on Switch would be able to trade/transfer with each other due to Pokemon Bank.

Though I'm curious how that'll work, since it'd be two separate systems...

If you actually read the rumor, then you'd know it'd say that Pokemon Sun/Moon on 3DS and Pokemon Stars on Switch would be able to trade/transfer with each other due to Pokemon Bank.

Though I'm curious how that'll work, since it'd be two separate systems...

They said it's going to be tradable via Pokémon Bank.

I am taking it with a considerable grain of salt, but everybody else is acting like Stars has been CONFIRMED or ALMOST CONFIRMED.

1) Most people are just speculating about what would happen if this is true.

2) Eurogamer is a very trustworthy source, so it's not surprising if people are convinced it is true.

That this rumor came out on the release day of Sun&Moon could very well just be a coincedence. It could also not be. But this is the rumors thread, people are allowed to speculate about it even if it doesn't turn out to be true, that's the very point of this thread. And just because you don't want this to happen, doesn't mean the rest is wrong.

Well, Pokemon Star, if it's real, would make SM seem like a beta and SM would lose sales as a result.
The vast majority of sales occur within the first few weeks of release. After a year, the games aren't going to be generating a significant amount of income over time, which is probably why their game release schedule has become almost annual.

And quite honestly? Game Freak's been selling "beta" versions of their games from Gen I - IV, and knowing that a third version was coming didn't hurt the sales of the original games either. And even now, a lot of people show interest in third versions (and implicitly, the release of incomplete games) given how people still talked about Z like its a real thing.

It is important to keep in mind that the 3DS could still be supported in 2018 if they released 3DS and Switch versions of the same game. This may explain Game Freak taking this unusual step of transitioning into the Switch so soon - they know that if Stars isn't a success, they will have the next release to fall on.

I know that, I even stated it in my comment.

I'm just curious how the trading would work via Bank.
"Pokémon will be tradable between Sun/Moon and Stars via the Pokémon Bank app" may just mean transfers. But it is not unthinkable for Bank to become a hub for trading, seeing as they're already using it for the National Pokedex.

Since the Switch is meant to accommodate several players playing on the same system, Game Freak could even make SM-Stars battles work by copying the SM team data to Stars (even a QR code would work) and having the SM player use one of the Switch controllers.

Online battles are a different matter. 3DS-Switch communication might be feasible via Wi-Fi, or Game Freak think that it is acceptable to segregate online battling (they already did just that for rating battles in the last generation).

Last edited:
did someone test that Emergency Exit ability? does it work like Baton Pass and Sturdy , that it blocks damage and switches out at 50% of HP?

I posted my views on Pokemon Star in the Generation VII confirmed thread, so I'll just copy-paste them here, adding some more bits regarding the 3DS...

Heading onto Pokemon Star, I think it can work if the same game is released for Nintendo Switch and the 3DS. I've got a theory that it might be the 'Parent Game' of XY and SM some people were taking about. The game could incorporate both their 'Star' regions- Alola and Kalos into one game. This game would contain the highlights of both Kalos and Alola. It could act as a 'Semi-Generation', introducing some more Megas and Alola forms. I would also like to see expansion on the Battle Bond, with more starters added which can have this as an ability.
Xerneas and Yevtal could get 'perfect forms', and there could be something in the way of a third legendary to complement Solgaleo and Lunala.

The Switch would be able to handle these games, I don't know about the 3DS, though. Pokemon Star(s) is just my idea of an unpredictable 'Epic' game. Pokemon Star could be the true anniversary game.

These games could contain both Gyms, and Island trials, and would focus on the best things of Kalos and Alola. They could expand on SM and XY's storylines, adding more areas, and maybe we could meet Lillie again?

It would be one epic game, acting as a bridge between XY and SM. This idea of a 'Semi-New Generation' would be surprising.

And, maybe they would create a 3DS version of these games, or the games could be used on a 3DS?

Hardcore science does not apply to Pokemon, at least not 100%.

That's true, but even then I feel the sun would be considered a star in the Pokemon universe (plus that's always a fun fact for younger people I feel, would make for a nice little cutscene or something). Sure, you learn that in school, but still.

I will say the word "stars" always has a nice ring to it, and tends to refer to a more out in the universe-setting, being among the stars and all that, so in a way I guess it could work. Pokemon Galaxy would've been a sick name though, but Nintendo might not like that as much. I guess Pokemon Planet could've worked to refer to another astronomical body type, but it sounds a bit lame.

I wonder what the box art legend of Stars would be. I've seen a lot of debate that it could be Necrozma, who has 600 BST.

Back
Top Bottom