• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S01 EP01: Pokémon - I Choose You!

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I thought we could work our way through the older episodes so that eventually all episodes would get reviews.

Anyway, what does everyone think of the episode that started it all?

Review threads should only be made if you actually post a review at the time of creation. Please bear this in mind.

Ash Is About To Turn 10,10 months and 10 days and he says up late because he so want to be the very best
He Sleeps In
Gary Oak Gets A Starter Pokemon(Not Going To Spoil it)
Ash's Talks To Him and he's says it's the most powerful pokemon
Oak Shows Ash's His Lab
All The Starter's At Gone
The Only Pokemon He Got Left Is Pikachu
Ash Takes It After He Get's Zapped
Ash's Mum/Mom Comes with friends and give him clothes
He Tries To Get Pikachu Into It's Pokeball
Ash's Try's To Get A Wild Pokemon without batting it
He Get Attack By Pokemon
He Falls Into A River
He Takes Misty's Bike
It Get Zaped By Pikachu Trying To Save Ash

-EP2-

After just re watching this episode I noticed something interesting, At the beginning it looked like Bruno was battling against Agitha winch makes seance since Bruno has an Onix and Agitha has a Gengar. This episode was really amazing but it was very strange listening to Veronica Tylor as Ash in this episode, she sounded nothing like him in the later episodes but I guess she was developing as a voice actor back then. Also I can't believe how much Pikachu has changed too I actually like its original design but it was rather lazy in this episode, And I like how Dexter was the only funny Pokedex we have seen in the anime. My verdict this episode had everything comedy action and adventure and the Music was fantastic so I will give a 10/10

I enjoy the very first episode .I especially liked the scene with Pikachu electrifying the spearow which was very emotional and very well done. Thus began a long and still strong friendship/partnership with Ash and Pikachu. I coujldn't stand Ash's voice the first dozen episodes or so... maybe less im not sure. Voice sounded way too awkward...and low. After a few badges Ash sounded perfect and had 8 amazing seasons with that voice.

I watched it the other week. Personally I loved when Ash steps in front of Pikachu and protects it from the spearow.=)
Pikachu is funny earlier in the episode though the way he electricuted everyone he got annoyed at when Ash first got it.

I think it's a very good start to the series since it highlights Ash's personality.
9/10

I like the way Ash's voice in early episodes like these, and I'm probably one of the few people on these forums who do. For some reason, a lot of people seemed to have forgotten or never realized that Ash sounded different in the older episodes.

About the episode itself... I thought it was pretty good, especially him oversleeping and also the last part of the episode. My favorite of the first episodes of each first episodes of the four series of Pokemon. Some things, though...

- If Pikachu doesn't like being in a Pokeball, why did it not seem so overjoyed to be out of the one at Oak's lab?
- Ash declares he's going to capture and defeat all the Spearow... by just standing there and protecting his one fainted Pokemon? Yeah, I know it's supposed to be a really dramatic scene and all, but... I never got that.

I actually just watched this episode a few days ago.

The characters and narrator consistently pronounce Pokémon as "pokamon". It irks me.

for me it was near perfect from the introduction to the character's their personalities their interactions I actually found Delia and prof. oak to be at their most funniest in this episode

the soundtrack it just matched the scenes perfectly

the balance between the comedy and the drama their was some funny moments as well as some brilliantly emotional moments especially the end scenes

I actually think it was the strongest start to any Anime Series so far in terms of the balance between comedy and drama.

I have to say i found it to be the best opening episode in the entire series and actually it's one of my favourite episodes

I liked it how even in the very first episode they let people come up with theories about what was going on (namely the 'not aging/eternal happiness' theory)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom