• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP48: The Legend of X, Y, and Z!

Seriously, they dub this episode but won't dub the one featuring Cilan, sorry to be critical but I found this to be rather boring
Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up about the dub these days, because you're only going to feel hurt in the process.

I'm curious if we had the usual XY dub music in this episode, though, for those who saw it?

Seriously, they dub this episode but won't dub the one featuring Cilan, sorry to be critical but I found this to be rather boring

I was just coming here to complain about the exact same thing!

Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up about the dub these days, because you're only going to feel hurt in the process.

I'm curious if we had the usual XY dub music in this episode, though, for those who saw it?

They used an instrumental of the M18 ending theme, which I do not recall being used before.

The little girl at the end has the same dub voice as Bonnie because she has a Dedenne, I guess (yet I don't believe either sounds like a real little girl).

And the whole episode was filled with XY dub music, as usual.

A bit of a flat ending to what started off as a good series, if I'll be absolutely honest. This is basically M17 + Zygarde.

I really like this episode. The lore of Legendary Pokemon has always fascinated me, and Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde really could use some more fleshing out, see how there's no third game.

I loved how they emphasized the fact that legendaries are forces of nature, and thus cannot be controlled. You can't fight back against Yveltal's death and destruction, nor can you steal Xerneas's life giving for yourself. This is the first time I've seen Zygarde do something involving the other legendaries, and It's a shame it doesn't happen more often.

I liked the shot of Yveltal's cocoon going into the pool it was in in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction. The anime rarely connects to the movies, so that was a nice touch.

It's really surprising that Aila doesn't get brought back. I guess it emphasizes how Xerneas's power cannot be harnessed for your own means, and trying to do so would make you no better than the king who stole Xerneas

Admittedly, the uncontrollable nature of Xerneas and Yveltal does contradict that game's story of the Ultimate Weapon, but in the anime universe, it's Zygarde's power that was harnessed and controlled, not Xerneas and Yveltal. The anime always goes in its own direction, and it's something you have to accept after 19, going on 20 years.

Interesting that Aila was Serena's voice and the girl at the end (with a Dedenne to boot) was Bonnie's voice. If only Jan would have had Ash's voice they could have had that love story going on.

I thought this was an interesting episode and I like that they show a willingness to tell different stories than the main anime from time to time, because there is a lot of potential with the Pokemon world to tell some really interesting stories. Not that I think anything will come of it, but I wonder why they had the "to be continued at the end" when it pretty clearly won't be continued. I would love for them to release semi weekly side stories again, but I know that won't really happen.

I thought it was weird Jan wasn't upset at all about losing his Talonflame. I think that may be a throw back to some other episodes showing the history of the Pokemon world where Pokemon were used for jobs rather than as friends, although Jan did seem to have a very strong bond with his Gogoat.

I think the implication where Sycamore mentioned he wasn't sure if Yveltal is a cocoon or not could be a reference to M17, because he seemed to imply the right amount of time had passed, and he wasn't present in that movie so may not have known what occurred.

Too bad the Clemont and Bonnie episode isn't going to air, I wish we could get that one too.

It took me a week to watch this episode because I didn't really care about its premise. Now that I've seen it, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't good either.

The entire episode felt like fanfiction that was turned into an actual episode. Between the love story, Isla looking and sounding just like Serena, Olympia's ancestor (who looks and sounds just like her), the little girl who looks and sounds just like Bonnie with a Dedenne to boot...it was weird and felt like it was trying too hard to be fanservice-y.

I also agree with everyone else complaining about the laziness of the dub here. Why the super old title card? Why is Ash reading that and saying "Who's That Pokémon"? That actually took me out of the episode a bit, because he had nothing to do with it. It should've been Alexa or Sycamore reading that stuff.

I like that we actually got to see a character age through both appearance and voice. That was actually what I found most interesting about the episode, which says something...

Still don't understand why this was dubbed. If I had to choose between the two specials, I much rather would've rather had the Clemont and Cilan one. This just felt like a waste of an episode. Honestly, I would've preferred another episode of the actual XYZ season to exist, even if it was just filler or something.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom