• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP04: First Catch in Alola, Ketchum-style!

Glad to see this thread is devoted to me. :3

Alright, well, what happened was, I was waiting for the episode to appear on Teletoon's on demand service, so I could record it without any watermarks or lower thirds. Problem is, it still hasn't surfaced.

JMkAgEY.png

Anyway, I hope to just go to my other home and record my DVR of the actuall airing tomorrow.

Did Mallow make a comment about Ash 'having done this before' in the sub after he captured Rowlet?

Well it's similar enough. They both sound like birds.

Lisa Ortiz has confirmed that Rowlet doesn't keep its Japanese voice though can't tell me who until it airs in America

Did Mallow make a comment about Ash 'having done this before' in the sub after he captured Rowlet?

Watching the subbed version online, ''Well I guess you can call that Satoshi's own way!''

I heard they only kept 3 pieces of BGM and all the Pokemon got dub voices, not surprised, we all know what to expect- dub music itself had a lot of circus and elevator vibes to it in a lot of situations, really. I'd comment on the acting & writing, but we all know how that's been for many years now, so no point in beating that dead horse- I can say I think it has actually gotten worse than it already was, though.

Tbh the only reason I'm watching the dub is just to get a laugh out of it by now, because I absolutely cannot take it seriously at this point.

Yay, Rowlet! Not much to say here; it was a cute episode. As for the dub, I liked the voice they gave Rowlet. It was similar to the Japanese version but they subtly implemented the Pokémon speak in there. The music was more of the same, but Rowlet's theme was nice. The only really negative thing I have to say about this episode is that Pikachu's loss to Grubbin was super contrived.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom