1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: S20 EP07: ‪That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!

Discussion in 'Episodes Previews/Reviews Archive' started by abcboy, Apr 20, 2017.

1. abcboy

abcboy Bulbapædist

Blog Posts:
  2. BigDocFan

BigDocFan Member

Blog Posts:
    An interesting episode, loved the bit where Ash opened for the door for Litten before realizing what he had done

3. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Member

Blog Posts:
    Very good episode that gives Litten some nice development. Only downside is some rather poor animation that is incredibly noticeable thanks to the new art style the series is using.

4. theworldofkevinc

theworldofkevinc Clefable is the best!

Blog Posts:
    they didn't censor the "dream death" scene, so they might not censor anything else afterwards regarding Stoutland

poke trey and RetroPokeFan like this.
  5. theworldofkevinc

Blog Posts:
    poke trey and martianmister like this.
  6. martianmister

martianmister SATOSHI'S EQUAL!!!???

Blog Posts:
    That dub title is full of anger!

Karamazov likes this.
  7. KrspaceT

KrspaceT Member

Blog Posts:
    I'll admit the SM titles have been...weird.

8. poke trey

poke trey Standing tall in 2017

Blog Posts:
    This was a good episode and hey they Didn't censor the Dream death scene involving Stoutland which I thought we were going to have yet another cut scene like yesterday. I like that Litten and Stoutland has a big backstory and that the animation looked decent compared to past episodes. The Dubbing in this one was good and yes I'ma still miss Kayzie doing Wobbuffet voice, but Erica hasn't let me down yet so yeah.

9. Islander Princess

Islander Princess He entered a million postcards to win this hat!

Blog Posts:
    Litten was actually my least favorite starter, so I do have to give credit to the anime (both Japanese and dub versions) for making me appreciate it. I really think Litten is a great character. I like the personality and how this is a different backstory than the usual "abused fire starter." Its dub voice is just as good as its original voice. I like that it sounds more like a an actual cat meowing than just repeating its name (which is something I feel they've been doing well with a lot of the animal based Pokémon, like Rowlet and Rockruff.)

I'm still not sold on Lillie's voice. It's just way too cartoony sounding. I really like Kiawe's voice but the emoting needs a bit of work. Everyone else's voices sound good. I also noticed that Ash's laugh sounds a bit different than it normally does. Almost more natural.

My favorite lines were Kiawe's "all that for a croquette sandwich" when Ash was chasing after Litten, and Rotom's "I sense a happy ending! Except you didn't catch Litten!" Cheeky little thing.

10. Sakuraa

Sakuraa #Hoennhatisbesthat

Blog Posts:
    Litten is the cutest thing ever. This episode was great. Seems Litten's voice has changed since the preview airing. Sounds like they left in a lot of his original Japanese voice this time around.

I really liked how Ro-dex tried to stop Litten from fleeing with the croquette sandwich. Too bad all he got was a kick in the face :p I love how Alolan Persian looks animated. It's so beautiful. But it sucks that the species is being used in villainous role, again. I will say that was pretty clever of him to make Litten toast his own sandwich.

Litten and Stoutland were so sweet to each other. I love how they actually gave Litten a back story and a friend/teacher. It's nice to know that the reason he takes food to bring it to his aging friend. And I felt so bad after his nightmare about Stoutland's passing.

Litten looked so cute with his cone on:) I almost wish he had to keep it on for longer. I lol'd when he couldn't jump through the bars due to the cone. But most of all, I really liked that it was named after Heliolisk's collar. Ok, seriously, why the hell was Persian acting like an asshole? It just seemed to be tormenting Litten for no good reason. I hate how they always portray Persian as a villain, but it's even worse it a case like this where it's seemingly acting like a jerk just for the fun of it. I also wasn't a fan of how the whole situation ended with Litten creating a massive Ember to burn up Persian and then the guy just runs away defeated. It just seemed really rushed :/ My favorite thing from this episode was that Ash not only sacrificed his desire to catch Litten so he could keep feeding his friend, but that he also planned to bring food to them. That was very nice of him. It's only too bad that Litten and Stoutland decided to move.

Overall, this was a really nice episode. Litten was so adorable and so sweet. And the owl wasn't here at all :) Great! I'll give this a 9/10.

poke trey likes this.
  11. theworldofkevinc

Blog Posts:
  12. poke trey

Blog Posts:
    Is this a UK edit or does this apply to all versions?

13. theworldofkevinc

Blog Posts:
    Most likely for all versions

14. ii kanji

ii kanji ❤ Best Worst Feeling ❤

Blog Posts:
  15. Flynn

Flynn Member

Blog Posts:
    I think they do this in the XY Disney XD reruns too.

16. Islander Princess

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, they've started doing that on all the episodes on Disney XD, including the XY reruns (which had the original "to be continued" screens when they aired on CN.) It threw me off at first.

17. abcboy

abcboy Bulbapædist

Blog Posts:
    Disney XD received the Netflix episode tapes for XY, which are the British episode tapes and consistently have that edit.

18. theworldofkevinc

Blog Posts:
    I did not know they were PAL Edits, I thought they were suddenly changing the text for some reason. My bad
    Does anyone know why they do this?

19. Islander Princess

Blog Posts:
    Oh wow, that's interesting. I didn't know that! I wonder how those ending screens will look once SM starts airing on Disney XD next month.

20. poke trey

Blog Posts:
    So it was PAL only, interesting and XD got the UK taping of XY. So, that means for SM there's a chance it will have the normal text instead okay.